13/14 Football Thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Re: 12/13 Football Thread

Some pretty sweet goals in the UCL this morning.

Oscar scored a beaut for Chelsea, whilst Tello also netted a nice one.

Surprised at the Barca vs Spartak scoreline!

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Oscars goal was beautiful. I didn't think he would make the step up at Chelsea as quickly as he has seems to be.

di-KMIB.gif

Last edited:
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

The turn is just beautiful, and then to hit it pretty much perfectly into the corner... fantastic goal.

I hope Del Piero scores a few like that. :rockon:

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008

You're spot on Scotty.

Ironic how he is Manly Boss, the club that Ben Kennedy played for when he was one of the first people to blatantly dive in league and not only that he did it in a SOO. Cat.

Great signing Heskey it wasn't that long ago he was good enough to be in England squads and Ballack and Del Piero may be slowing down but they have something the average A-League player has and that is class and ADP in particular has it in abundance.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Got my tickets to Sydney vs Jets on October 13. :rockon:

Don't think I've been this excited for an A-League match since the 2008 GF! Keen as a bean.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Out of interest, what do you guys think about possible ego problems with huge names like Ballack and ADP? ADP seems like a really humble guy, Ballack I don't know him too well.

My question is do you think guys like this would take the coaches they work under seriously?

Ballack V ADP will be a good game to watch. Hope the signing happens.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I dont think there would be any problems, these are the kind of players where you would have to keep them happy rather than tell them what to do and the coaches would likely know that.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

They will be the most skilled professionals in the league. All three have played at the highest levels of the game and bring not only a wealth of talent, but experience as well. From being professionals at that level, I'm sure they will conduct themselves accordingly. None of them have a track record of arrogance (that I know of), so I imagine there won't be a problem.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

From being professionals at that level, I'm sure they will conduct themselves accordingly. None of them have a track record of arrogance (that I know of), so I imagine there won't be a problem.

Exactly.

These guys aren't 22 year old hotshots who go clubbing, have the ladies chasing after them and are the desire of various clubs - they're seasoned professionals who have been playing at the top level of the game for more than a decade.

They're all classy guys, and they'll know what's required of them in helping the game to grow in Australia.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Ballack is a bit of a hothead and there were some problems at Chelsea if I recall correctly.
Seriously Scotty, putting Heskey in the same boat as Del Piero and Ballack...? :scared:

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Ballack is a bit of a hothead and there were some problems at Chelsea if I recall correctly.
Seriously Scotty, putting Heskey in the same boat as Del Piero and Ballack...? :scared:

In terms of quality and talent? God no. In terms of experience? Well he wouldn't be far away. He has played for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, played Champions league football, played at major international tournaments and has won the FA and UEFA cups. But he is grouped together with them here based on the fact that they are high profile signings by the A-league made in reasonably quick succession.

Ballack was lazy at times at Chelsea if I remember correctly. And his discipline was lacking at times, but that being said... he's German. How ill-disciplined can a German really be?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Mark Halsey is an absolute ****ing ****.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Yeah dude, I caught it... jizzed all over the telly. Made getting up at 5am to watch on a dodgy Arab stream worth it! :rockon:

That goal was immense. Not so much the final few passes (although they were lovely!), but the build up play over on the right in the middle of the park is what really excited me. That's the style that Brendan Rodgers is trying to implement, and gee it's got me feeling pretty damn optimistic.

We've got some awesome kids coming through, reaping the benefits of all the hard work done by Rafa Benitez in overhauling the academy.

I'm sure you've heard about Raheem Sterling, and yeah Suso really looks the goods. Such composure and vision for a young lad. I'd keep an eye out for Jerome Sinclair to - became our youngest ever player this morning. He's meant to be hot shit.

Haha, I am like a kid on Christmas morning here, can't wait to see what the future holds for Liverpool FC. :rockon:

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Haha, I am like a kid on Christmas morning here, can't wait to see what the future holds for Liverpool FC. :rockon:
My crystal ball says... A very honorable 6th place! :thumbup1:

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Yeah dude, I caught it... jizzed all over the telly. Made getting up at 5am to watch on a dodgy Arab stream worth it! :rockon:

That goal was immense. Not so much the final few passes (although they were lovely!), but the build up play over on the right in the middle of the park is what really excited me. That's the style that Brendan Rodgers is trying to implement, and gee it's got me feeling pretty damn optimistic.

We've got some awesome kids coming through, reaping the benefits of all the hard work done by Rafa Benitez in overhauling the academy.

I'm sure you've heard about Raheem Sterling, and yeah Suso really looks the goods. Such composure and vision for a young lad. I'd keep an eye out for Jerome Sinclair to - became our youngest ever player this morning. He's meant to be hot shit.

Sinclair was born in 1996...wow, that makes me feel a little bit old! Good to know not all pool fans are pessimists at the moment. I think it's disgraceful that the likes of Rodgers and AVB are being slated so early on at their new clubs.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Aye, most of the supporters on the forums I visit are alright, but there seems to be a decent sized contingent who have it in for Rodgers for no real apparent reason at all, then criticise him over the most minuscule of things.

Can't understand why Spurs fans have gotten on AVB's back so quickly... weren't they booing him/the team after their first or second home game? Utterly ridiculous. Although, maybe that's more because they didn't want the club to let go of Redknapp, but still.

Unread

Active Now

• Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Redfern_1980
  • lynx000
  • Seibs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.