13/14 Football Thread

Re: 12/13 Football Thread

I dunno guys, Ivanovic sure does look delicious.

Also, please don't misconstrue my passion as being an arsehole. I can understand from reading ze above post I may come across as a dick... but I don't mean to!

As long as you understand it... :001_tt2:

I'll let Gary Neville do my talking for me. Seems to be the only non-sensationalist pundit in the game.

'Use your loaf'. What the **** does this mean? Use my brain? Sorry, is going in two footed on a player with an expectation of hurting them (a la Roy Keane) somehow more 'manly' than biting them? Is that what makes it more acceptable? What the **** is the difference? Like Gary Neville said, he's from an entirely different culture, he grew up playing football on the streets. He got a rush of blood, and he couldn't control himself. ****ing idiotic thing to do, but it's done. He'll rightly cop a ban and that's that.

If there is no bias against foreigners, how did Luis Suarez get a seven game ban for allegedly racial abusing Patrice Evra, although the only evidence was really the words of the players, an even then, what Suarez said is a completely acceptable term in his language. Yet, John Terry the Englishman called Anton Ferdinand 'a black ****' in front of the TV cameras and players, and only copped a four game ban... which they put off until after he had played in the Euros for England. Using the police as an excuse. Whatever though.

I was gonna ask you this a few weeks ago in this thread, but I thought it would be a bit of a cheap shop... anyway, seeing as we're having a 'raging debate' :laugh: I'll ask you now!

What's your opinion on Sunderland's manager, the confessed fascist? Or have we all forgotten about now because he looks like a cool dude when he celebrates goals?

And yes, of course I am biased.

Loaf, loaf of bread, head. It's rhyming slang.

I'm saying use your loaf because comparing it to two footed challenges and elbows is ridiculous mate. It really is. Two footed challenges and contact with elbows are bad and can cause serious injury, but they're MUCH more likely to happen (mostly accidentally) in the midst of a game. You can make an overzealous/careless tackle or accidentally collect someone with a stray elbow, you can't accidentally bite someone.

And no shit you're biased. A professional footballer biting someone is just the 'street football' coming out? That's a laughable excuse and it's surprising coming from Neville as he's usually got more sense than that. How long has Suarez been playing in Europe now? If you're a professional footballer (not to mention being watched by millions of people the world over) and you're losing your rag with the defender marking you, you don't kick them, you don't headbutt them, you don't elbow them but biting just takes it to another level. And you know what? It IS less 'manly'. It's fucking cowardly, yes, more so than the other things I listed. Why? it just fucking is, and you know God damned well that if a Chelsea player had bitten a Liverpool player under the same circumstances you lot would be crying bloody murder just as much.

I'd just like to point out a couple of other things
- John Terry should have recieved the same ban as Suarez regarding racism, immediately following being found guilty
- The 'what he said is acceptable in his own country' excuse is one of the most piss week attempts at defending racism I have ever seen. Liverpool fans continue to embarrass themselves by trotting that one out
- The excuses surrounding John Terry's racist incident are equally as pathetic
- If foreigners are so widely despised, why was Balotelli seen as just a loveable daft lad by so many football supporters in the UK? And that's just one of the blokes who misbehaves. It's 2013, the amount of foriegners in the PL is massive... 99% of them play their football in the UK without issue

As for Di Canio, his past statements regarding fascism and his behaviour whilst at Lazio was deplorable. Football and politics don't mix, especially when such views could incite racism. In recent years he has kept his mouth shut regarding personal views and I hope he keeps it that way. As long as he does a good job for us and behaves himself I won't have a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

58173_10151557087999417_1839954557_n.jpg

My main problem is so many Liverpool fans just can't accept that Suarez is a dirty player and general arsehole (on the pitch at least). Not even including diving, he's done enough to smear his own reputation. Of course this doesn't take away from his ability as a footballer at all though.

If the average Liverpool supporter could admit 'Yes, he can be a peice of shit sometimes. But he's our best player and he's world class, most of our goals come through him so we have to tolerate his bullshit' I wouldn't be so riled up about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not targeting this incident just to have a go at Liverpool. There are Chelsea fans who think John Terry is a saint ffs.

I fully acknowledge that he is a bit of a **** on the pitch, and if he played for the Mancs or someone, there's no doubt I'd despise him.

I'll almost always defend him though, because he's a red. :tongue_smilie:

Just to prove that I bear no ill feelings towards Liverpool as a club, I'll be watching you lot play the Victory in Melbourne come July. Hopefully a decent squad is sent out!

Liverpool coming to Melbourne in July? And Man U in September?

I knew Man U were coming but I wasn't expecting Liverpool to also come to Australia, I'm very keen to go down if they send Suarez :laugh:

Back onto good Football sides (:P)..... We were totally outclassed this morning by a superb Bayern side. Who gives Dortmund any chance against Real?

Bayern has really been impressive this year. Too bad because I can't stand the pricks! :glare:
Here's hoping for a 5 nil miracle at Camp Nou!

I think the CL final will be Real - Bayern, and it wouldn't suprise me to see the Germans take it... :001_unsure:

Kudos for taking the loss well Penny, you usually throw your toys out of the pram ;)

Also, what's doing with Messi at the moment? It seems he has been injured for ages

I'm SO keen to watch BVB V Real but 4.45 in the morning... I just don't know if I can wake up that early :(

I feel your pain mate. My love of football and love of sleep are constantly vying with each other.

Liverpool coming to Melbourne in July? And Man U in September?

I knew Man U were coming but I wasn't expecting Liverpool to also come to Australia, I'm very keen to go down if they send Suarez :laugh:

Have you been living under a rock, bro?!!!

Tickets are pretty much completely sold out. They sold a bazillion a couple of weeks ago, and then today they released a limited amount... there might be some left, but I doubt it.

I think most Dortmund fans will be suffering from sphincter cramps after narrowly escaping elimination, but more importantly... I am curious whether Fanny Neguesha is happy or disappointed at the result? :001_tt2:

Gonna be a great final. I'll be cheering on Dortmund. I like Bayern, but would be nice to see the underdog win. They both play pretty nice football so should be a cracker.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.