13/14 Football Thread

Re: 12/13 Football Thread

Whatttttttt... not like @pennywisealfie to give up on a tie before the final whistle has gone! Unless he wants Dortmund to beat Barca (should they pull off the unthinkable).

Barca are no chance. 4 to just tie it. 6 if they even score a goal and with our defense, thats likely. and do all of this against Bayern. It would have to be the greatest performance ever and even that might not be enough.

Yeah Barca are no chance, didn't think Madrid could win by 3 and they didn't which I'm happy about. I like Madrid but I'm a fan of BVB, Lewandowsk, Reus, Gotze, etc. Also love Bayern, any team with Ribery and Robben in the same team has me on board!

Personally I'll be cheering for BVB to win it, should be an amazing game.

Last edited:

After Benfica drew on the weekend, Porto is 2 points behind them with 2 rounds to go.

The scum of Portugal will be visitting Porto this Saturday, in what undoubtedly will be a massively torrid affair. If Porto wins...

index.php

Are you going to be cheering them on in the Europa League final?

I will not be watching the Europa League final, as it will be played between 2 of the teams I despise most, but I still prefer Chelsea to win!

nooo, go Benfica

Let me put it this way Penny, who out of Storm or any ESL club would you prefer to win the world cup challenge?
Now multiply that by 100, and that's how I feel about the Europa League final... :winky:

haha yeah fair enough. I guess you are Portuguese so you would fully understand the rivalry. Hence why I probably don't hate Real Madrid like most Barca fans since I don't fully understand the hate due to me not having any affliation with Catalunya.

It might sound cynical, but I really hope united aren't so successful in finding a replacement for Alex Ferguson. They have had their time in the sun.

surely they will get Jose.

You would think so, it seems obvious. Sky sports understands United will announce their new manager within 48 hours.

Mourinho seems like the right guy for the job after Ferguson.
It is pretty annoying with Man U seemingly winning every second year...

The only reason I reckon he is going at the season's end, is because the Mancs thought now was their best chance of getting Mourinho.

I honestly didn't think I'd ever see him retire.

The only reason I reckon he is going at the season's end, is because the Mancs thought now was their best chance of getting Mourinho.

I honestly didn't think I'd ever see him retire.
Gotta agree, I thought he would at least go for 3-4 years yet but with Mourinho leaving Madrid they figured if anyone should replace Ferguson it should be him.

I hear it's not going to be Mourinho... but rather someone who is currently managing a premier league side and is from ze same nation as Ferguson.

No idea if it's true.

I rate Villas-Boas highly, he is signed till 2015 but I'm sure a transfer fee can be organised, would be an alright choice, brilliant young coach and at only 34 has many years to give.

Either one of those two would be a very good choice.

Pretty sure Ning means Moyes...

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.