13/14 Football Thread

Re: 12/13 Football Thread

IMO football will be run by money as long as FIFA is the governing body. Sepp Blatter and his cronies are supervillains of the game.

Awesome picture of Porto's stadium and surroundings... Where did everybody go? Afraid of the Storm coming...?

977539_923611614319185_1940166763_o.jpg

So who will be watching the Socceroos take on Japan tonight?

It's 9PM tomorrow on SBS.

So spwn, is it tonight or tomorrow? Make up your mind buddy! :tongue_smilie:

:laugh: I guess it's today but in real terms it's tomorrow because it's not a new day until I wake up but yeah it's today or tomorrow depending on how you classify your days.

I know that didn't answer your question but it's 4 June 2013 at 9PM on SBS, you can make your own decision on that being today or tomorrow :001_tt2:

I will be keenly watching. But I think we will lose. Osieck will continue to play shit players. Holger out.

Last minute penalty. Lame.

The goal from Oar was amazing... The penalty... :cursing:

Lol, Oar's goal was amazing? What? Haha.

It was a skewed cross!

still the way he got to that position was awesome. Finally! I've been saying he is the future of the socceroos for ages, well the future is now!!!!!

Lol, Oar's goal was amazing? What? Haha.

It was a skewed cross!
Doesn't matter what it was, it was still amazing to watch haha. I loved it. I rate Oar as well, a promising player.

Yo [MENTION=1841]Scotty[/MENTION], give me the low-down on Simon Mignolet... rate him?

I haven't seen a heap of him, but he seems to be a pretty good shot-stopper, with a tendency to punch/bat the ball back into dangerous areas.

Yo @Scotty, give me the low-down on Simon Mignolet... rate him?

I haven't seen a heap of him, but he seems to be a pretty good shot-stopper, with a tendency to punch/bat the ball back into dangerous areas.

Fairly apt summary of him, ning. I'd say he's an excellent shot stopper with great awareness and reflexes. Another member of the Belgian resurgence, only 25 as well so as a keeper his best years are ahead of him.

Big money usually isn't splashed on goalkeepers but in this day and age I'd say 10 million is a great deal for you guys. If anything, the lad is underrated.

yeah wtf is with all of these good players coming out of Belgium all of a sudden? I'm loving it, might be a darkhorse in a future World Cup like Croatia were in their golden generation (1998) and Uruguay at the last world cup.

Speaking of the world cup, less than a year away until its on again. I can't fucking wait. Who is everyones top 4 at this stage?

I gotta go with:

1. Brazil (Home Country, they win in every other country so why not at home?)
2. Germany (They seem to keep falling at the semi final stage of big tournaments but its just a sign that they are as strong as ever and need some luck to go their way. They have been building towards this since 2000 and as evidenced by the all German UCL final, the outlook is bright for Der Nationalelf.
3. Spain (The dominant team in football for the last 5 years. They could go all the way again, but i think the germans will be better and Brazil at home is tough)
4. Argentina (playing in their own neck of the woods. Playing a lot better nowadays although the class players on their team is very offense heavy.

Looking forward to seeing how Italy, Belgium, Portugal & Netherlands go, as they have all been very strong in qualifying. Will an African side do well as usual? How will England go? and of course Australia!!!

I'm super excited to see Brazil and Germany play, Argentina to a lesser extent.

Brazil is definitely the country I'll support in the world cup.

Germany have some incredible talent, they're full of it and a lot of them are young with improvement in them.
Brazil is just a gold mine for talent as always. Neymar, Kaka, Marcelo, Dede, Dani Alves, T Silva, Robinho, Maicon, Lucas and of course the totally incredible Hulk but can they sustain top form during the whole tournament? I hope so and with teams like Spain and Germany full of incredible talent you can't win if you're not at 100%.

That being said, there's a bunch of countries that could realistically win it if things go right. Italy, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Netherlands, Portugal, and even Croatia, Belgium or England or at a stretch. Makes things super exciting when there's so many great teams playing.

The world cup is such an amazing sporting event, I wish it were every year! Seriously can't wait.

Last edited:
I hope Australia does well, but haven't got much expectations. Hoping for more from Portugal in our "sister country", but we may not have enough quality across the park...

Barring the above, I'm rooting for a Brasil-Argentina final. Doesn't come bigger than that in rivalries!

I hope Australia does well, but haven't got much expectations. Hoping for more from Portugal in our "sister country", but we may not have enough quality across the park...

Barring the above, I'm rooting for a Brasil-Argentina final. Doesn't come bigger than that in rivalries!
I'd love for Australia to win it but it's not going to happen, if it did though... Biggest upset in history?

Personally I'd love to see a Brazil-Germany final but Brazil V Argentina would be superb.

Argentina have seriously ridiculous attacking players. Messi, Tevez, Aguero, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Milito, Higuain and more. Their attack IMO rivals any other attack in the world but their defence isn't the best around but the attack can easily make up for that.

I wonder whether Colombia can make a fist...
They have ridiculously good attacking players in Falcao and Jackson, good midfielders in James Rodriguez and Guarin, but not sure whether they have the defence to really make an impression.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.