2009/2010 NFL Thread

great SB matchup. Best I could hope for If Raiders, Bills & Cards cant make it. 2 best qbs in the nfl head to head.

Colts will win. But ill be cheering on the Saints. But I would also be happy to see Peyton get another very deserved ring.

Here we go ladies and gentlement.

SUPER BOWL XLIV - New Orleans Saints Vs. Indianapolis Colts

There is really nothing more exciting than watching the Super Bowl, and especially when it's the seasons best two teams.

First and foremost, let's look at the QB's.

PEYTON MANNING:

What's left for this guy to do? He's conquered the Super Bowl before, and is on track to have almost every passing record. His career and postseason stats are pheonomenal and he doesn't ever look like he will slow down.

In regards to the game, he will be aggressive, and Gregg Williams, the Saints D-Coordinator will definately have his hands full controlling Peyton's passing ability.

DREW BREES:

Put up some incredible numbers over the last 2 seasons, including very nearly breaking Dan Marino's passing yards record last year.

He's had, by standard, a fantastic year, but, his downfall is playing into coverage far too often.

During the latter games of the regular season, Brees often started to give away the game with costly errors and misjudgement.

Brees will be a competitor, and he will not stop until the clock hits zero. Very tough matchup between these guys.

WINNER: MANNING - You cannot bet against Peyton Manning, this guy was born to win Super Bowls, and born for the big games, and he will not disappoint.

RUNNING BACKS -

COLTS - This is absolutely, the Colts weakest link. These guys have put up virtually insignificant numbers with the running game this season. Even being the weakest part of their game, they still use the running game when they need to, in close situations and 3rd down opportunites.

I don't see the Colts using this a whole lot, with the exception of inside the RedZone.

SAINTS -

Their running game has been one of the highlights of their season. Pierre Thomas has been playing at an elite level this year and although he has been slightly halted during the Post season, I foresee a comeback off very healthy proportions in Miami.

If they stick to their guns and get through the Colts D, they can cause significant damage to that scoreboard.

WINNER - SAINTS for this one, with the inclusion of Reggie Bush as like a party favour, they can be very very hard to stop.

MORE TO COME - Stay tuned...

brees_redo.article.jpg

Peyton.jpg

LOL.

Those are gold. Where did you find them?

lol the peyton one was hilarious. but the brees one wasnt that good.

pennywisealfie said:
lol the peyton one was hilarious. but the brees one wasnt that good.

Hahaha. "Thinks the line of scrimmage is where plays are called, thinks the huddle is where you discuss movies".

Classic.

It's about time we organised this PS3 Mintobowl, I think. All applicants please post interest here.

yall need to get 360. for real.

Why would anyone want one of those?

Read in the paper that Kurt Warner has retired. Glad to see he knows when to call it a day. HOF in the next five years?

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.