2010 Lineup

The Gymp said:
I was thinking, move Kemp to wing and move Yow Yeh to fullback (at least in pre season) the kid is so quick, confident and seems a real instinct player that I think long term he will be wasted as a winger. I think with time in the position Yow Yeh would make an amazing fullback.

Actually that's not a bad idea Gymp.

Yow Yeh always seems to capitalise on broken field type situations. I think playing him at fullback would add a massive threat.

That said, Kemp is also pretty handy when the opposition's defence is scattered.

The Gymp said:
I was thinking, move Kemp to wing and move Yow Yeh to fullback (at least in pre season) the kid is so quick, confident and seems a real instinct player that I think long term he will be wasted as a winger. I think with time in the position Yow Yeh would make an amazing fullback.

Thats what i've been saying for weeks.

Yow Yeh ahs good footwork, good under the high ball and good speed. i think he will make an excellent fullback. the last few weeks i've been watching his kick returns and he seems pretty elusive which i like.

I think Yow Yeh would make a great fullback, he would be much better than Hoffman IMO.

Yow Yeh isn't in the same league as Hoffman as a fullback. Limited ball skills. Yow Yeh is a winger, pure and simple.

From what I saw of Hoffman he hasn't got much ball skills either so would be interesting to see which way Henjak decides to go. My first choice is Kemp..

Beale said:
abdogg said:
1. Hodges
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Sims
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14. McGuire
15. Te'o
16. Setu
17. Williams

No Denan Kemp?

I just think we need some creativity up back and with that much room hodges will be deadly (see 2006 season). Guess we could move Kemp on the wing and Winterstien in the centres....

I think its nice to know we have 4 very capable youngsters who will all likely be putting there hand up for the 1 fullback spot (Kemp, Hoffman, Beale and to a lesser extent Yow Yeh)

I don't think any of them could be split at this stage and even though none of them are certainties I think it makes it all the more exciting for us as fans to look forward to 2010.

Does anybody remember 2004? Lockyer to 5/8th, Hunt to Fullback.. and what an impression Hunt made!

We have 4 blokes ready to stand up. I look forward to seeing combinations used and whoever gets the nod I look forward to seeing them chiming into the backline running off lockyer and wallace and even further into the future ben hunt & mccullough.

Exciting times!

I know Glenn would be good anywhere you put him but IMO he MUST be in the back row.

Jeba said:
I know Glenn would be good anywhere you put him but IMO he MUST be in the back row.

Starting or from the bench? One thing we seem to have plenty of is back rowers luckily enough.

Forget Wallace, Scott Hill will be your star number 7 in 2010

No Scott Hill is already getting my nomination for the inaugural 2010 Michael Devere Comeback That Never Was Award (aka the Claytons Comeback Comp)

1. Kemp
2. Winterstein
3. Falou
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Glenn
14. Setu
15. McGuire
16. Sims
17. Ben Hunt/ Williams/ other utility player

Though I do agree with some of the other posts suggesting Yow Yeh would be a good fullback, I think he would be electric and add depth, and could be interchanged with Kemp on the wing - however, time will have to be spent in the off season, and a decision needs to be made early and stick with the decision, to allow the choice and Lockyer/ Wallace/ McCullough to gain some rapport

I hope Alex Glenn puts on some size over the offseason too!

There will be a bit of competition for Taylors vacant spot now. with Natusch joining and we have Hala and Mcguire too

Yes and no, they're not competing for Taylor's spot per se, but the second up the guts forward, a role Sims was really playing late in the season while Taylor patrolled out wide.

I think whoever plays in the 10 will play that more traditional front row game. It'll be one of the back rowers that takes Taylor's place running amok out wide...Te'o would probably be the front runner.

1. Kemp
6. Lockyer
7 Smith
13. Wallace

As good as Smith can potentially be signing him is a slap in the face to Wallace and Hunt IMO.

Old Mate said:
As good as Smith can potentially be signing him is a slap in the face to Wallace and Hunt IMO.

1000000% agree, I saw some clown posting moving wallace to lock to accomadate Simth I thought I'd post it so see what happened.

Unread

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.