2011 Four Nations Discussion

England forward Ben Westwood has admitted to acting over the Tony Williams tackle that enraged coach Steve McNamara during his side's 36-20 Four Nations defeat by Australia at Wembley.

McNamara insisted Kangaroos substitute Williams should have been sent off for the high tackle that floored Westwood six minutes into the second half - but the second-rower himself confessed to milking the hit.

"It was a bit of play-acting," Westwood told reporters after the match.

"I looked up and started smiling, then I put the act on. It's part and parcel of the game."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...in-wembley-clash/story-fn488j1c-1226187419051

England forward Ben Westwood has admitted to acting over the Tony Williams tackle that enraged coach Steve McNamara during his side's 36-20 Four Nations defeat by Australia at Wembley.

McNamara insisted Kangaroos substitute Williams should have been sent off for the high tackle that floored Westwood six minutes into the second half - but the second-rower himself confessed to milking the hit.

"It was a bit of play-acting," Westwood told reporters after the match.

"I looked up and started smiling, then I put the act on. It's part and parcel of the game."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...in-wembley-clash/story-fn488j1c-1226187419051

It's not part and parcel of #### you ####ing cat. Next time I hope T Rex legit gives you a concussion.

Tony Williams is a complete sh*tbag. What a ######ed attempt at a tackle.

Rangi Chase cost them about 16 points with his poor decisions, if they can find a half they'd give us a shake.
Agreed. Whatever happened to that Danny McGuire bloke? I thought early on in his career he looked good, but haven't seem him in ages...

Westwood is a massive dog.

Took a major Jarryd Hayne snow angel dive and then when a fight broke out he started through rabbit punches.

Dude should have been rubbed out.

Agreed. Whatever happened to that Danny McGuire bloke? I thought early on in his career he looked good, but haven't seem him in ages...

I was just wondering this the other day as well. I remember thinking during the 2008 World Cup that he should come to the NRL.

He's in the squad but for some reason they've opted for Sinfield, who's essentially a ball playing lock.

He'd be a better choice than Sinfield but I haven't been impressed with what I've seen of McGuire. He seems to go MIA a lot. I don't think he's exactly the issue either, I think Chase could be a handy player in the running five eigth role. They need an organisational half. Unfortunately, their stocks seem limited.

Which sucks. Can't watch the final live in HD.

Won't be watching Australia vs Wales live in HD either. Seems Foxtel is delaying the telecast until 7.30am, kick off is 4am.

Gonna have to switch my movie package to sports package if I want to even see it. How much does 9 suck?! AND Foxtel aren't putting it on until Monday afternoon. :ranting:

Gonna have to switch my movie package to sports package if I want to even see it. How much does 9 suck?! AND Foxtel aren't putting it on until Monday afternoon. :ranting:

Monday morning according to their online tv guide. 7.30am.

Hmmm even so. I'll be on my way to work. :ranting:

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.