2011 World Cup

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Well..... what's the reason? Please keep in mind that I don't watch a lot of cricket.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Ghibli said:
Well..... what's the reason? Please keep in mind that I don't watch a lot of cricket.

The same reason Tait's isn't?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Malinga's action is fine IMO, Murali on the other hand had the rules changed for him so I have n doubt he is a chucker.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Ghibli said:

Current regulations of the International Cricket Council (ICC) set the legal limit of 15 degrees of permissible straightening of the elbow joint for all bowlers in international cricket. This law applies between the point at which the bowling arm passes above shoulder height and the point at which the ball is released.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I've never had a problem with 'Slinger' Malinga's action.

I'd hate to face his bowling, it'd be nigh on impossible to pick up out of the hand.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Oh, and kids - don't try that at home! It's painful.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
So it's about how much your elbow bends during the delivery?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ghibli said:
So it's about how much your elbow bends during the delivery?

Yep. And the rule was made up so Murali could play. By rights he should've been banned from the sport. But as usual, subcontinental whingers get their way.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
They changed the rule for Murali about 4 times I think. You only have to watch Murali along side Tim May to know what a real off spinner is. Even Harbijan has a questionable bowling technique.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Their technique is dodgy when they bowl the doosra (one that goes the other way)

I was playing cricket in the station the other day and tried to bowl like Murali, yeah not recommended [eusa_doh

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Choking Saffas. Some things never change.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Choking Saffas. Some things never change.

Yep they have a genius side for this tournament with the new leggie looking like a class player and a strong batting lineup but still they manage to choke in tight matches!

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
M. Hussey back in, Nannes flying over as well as a standby for the quicks.

The Brizz said:
Yep they have a genius side for this tournament with the new leggie looking like a class player and a strong batting lineup but still they manage to choke in tight matches!

It's pretty much become a culture in their Cricket teams, regardless of the generation.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
M. Hussey back in, Nannes flying over as well as a standby for Shaun Twit.

Fixed your typo ;-)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd imagine Hussey will walk right into the side so who will they drop?? Must be between White and Dussey IMO.

Active Now

• Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.