2011 World Cup

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Pommies have slid down the poop pipe a bit after a great start. A Gayle or Pollard special should do the trick tonight.

C'mon Windies [icon_pray. [icon_pray.

langer77 said:
lol how was ponting

He's got a future in Hollywood:

220px-Grumpy_Old_Men_.jpg

Looks like we'll be playing either India or the Windies in the quarters, most likely India.

Could be the end of the line right here, this team is out of form and out of practice.

Yep. Batting crumbled under pressure. Hasn't helped that the only notable team we batted against before yesterday was New Zealand. That washout against Sri Lanka was a bit of a disaster.

There is no use complaining about the bowling, injuries painted the selectors into a corner. They were lift with little choice but to take the all out pace route.

FARKING Ricky though. Jesus Christ. I'd be disappointed if my 3rd grade skipper made some of the decisions he has.

With 30-40 runs required to win, why the ef do you not bring your best bowler (Lee) back?

He instead returned with I believe 6 runs to play with.

If you need wickets, why wasn't Smith bowled? I don't rate his bowling but geeze he has a knack for partnership breaking. He took some giant strides forward under Clarke to their point where he became a valuable member of the attack. Ponting is now back and is stifling him, he has deadset lost a leg.

Why the efffffffff was Krezja bowled out? I can at least justify Punter going back to Tait in that he is just as likely to bowl a peach as he is a pie.

Ricky dropped the ball big time in the closing stages of the Paki innings.

The sooner he fecks off, the better Australian cricket will be.

It was our shit batting that lost us the game

well done binga

Brad Haddin has to go had a gutful of his slow batting and generally hopelessness

Bucking Beads said:
Brad Haddin has to go had a gutful of his slow batting and generally hopelessness

He's going ok tonight [eusa_eh

jarro65 said:
Bucking Beads said:

He's going ok tonight [eusa_eh

he needs to look to score runs quicker in the first few overs

Why isn't Ch9 showing this match? They showed the Aussie round matches, why not the QF?

Flutterby said:
Why isn't Ch9 showing this match? They showed the Aussie round matches, why not the QF?

it is on at 11pm

awesome 100 by ponting and a few others white is useless

Good game shame about the loss

Shaun Tait is fair dinkum the most useless fast bowler to play for Australia. The fact he went for more than 7 an over on a slow pitch speaks volumes. Hope he never plays for Australia ever again.

Disappointing loss but glad Punter got a ton, just wish he got better support from his bowlers.

Lee - good but not great from a wicket taking perspective
Tait - useless
Johnson - never even looked likely to take a wicket
Watson - started well but was put under pressure at the end when Punter realized Tait wasn't going to get the job done
Krezja - shouldve done more on that pitch

Our bowling has been poor for a number of games. I think it was Kenya who we failed to bowl out? That was disgraceful.

With India at 5/187 and still needing another 73 runs in about 13 overs, Australia should've been in the box seat. That they failed to get another wicket is reflective both on poor bowling and yet again poor captaincy.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Manifesto
  • Broncosarethebest
  • HarryAllan7
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • bb_gun
  • Skathen
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.