2012/2013 NFL Season

Flacco is elite. Have a loo at his numbers in the past 2 post seasons. He's outplayed Tom Brady in their last 2 play off match-ups hands down. He's got a cannon arm, and he's only going to get better.

I dont think it's really an Australian thing to be so dismissive of other sports, I've seen many instances where soccer and union fans start talking **** about rugby league, saying its for meatheads and requires no skill. There is a bit of that sort of stuff from NFL fans as well but nowhere near as much and i think that's mainly because they couldn't care less about rugby league.

Yeah fair point mate. I have friends that play union who LOVE ragging on league. They despise the game. I've also heard soccer fans slate rugby and vice versa. I don't know why people can't just appreciate a professional sport without having to justify it to anyone.

Yeah fair point mate. I have friends that play union who LOVE ragging on league. They despise the game. I've also heard soccer fans slate rugby and vice versa. I don't know why people can't just appreciate a professional sport without having to justify it to anyone.
I truly cannot apreciate Yawnion. There is a reason I call it that, but it's about the game itself, not the athletes who play it or the fans who support it.
Same goes for test cricket. It makes me fall asleep... :blushing:

Gayfl is a different thing, it's Rugby League biggest competitor and would kill off our game if they could, which is why there is a mutual hatred, even if the game itself is watchable.

Of course there will be banter between rival codes fans, and I'll just dish out as much as I cop... :winky:

I truly cannot apreciate Yawnion. There is a reason I call it that, but it's about the game itself, not the athletes who play it or the fans who support it.

Gayfl is a different thing, it's Rugby League biggest competitor and would kill off our game if they could, which is why there is a mutual hatred, even if the game itself is watchable.

Of course there will be banter between rival codes fans, and I'll just dish out as much as I cop... :winky:
Im the same as you, I don't go out and start talking crap about other sports but if people start talking shit about rugby league ill call them out when there talking shit or when they don't know what there talking about.

Agree with everything.

Being a football fan in Australia is the hardest, especially when i was a kid. "only gay wogs play that shit sport". NFL is taking off massively in Australia.

Watched the game and loved it. Was cheering for the Ravens only because they were the underdogs. Can someone explain to me about the time out mistake SF made in the last qtr ? I didn't quite follow why it made such a difference.

Also I thought the Crabtree jersey grab call wasn't that bad because he was never going to land in the field of play even if he caught the ball IMO.

The timeout was taken due to sf fucking up on the play call from the look of things, so they had to take what should have been an unnecessary time out. Time outs can be very valuable. SF only had one towards the end. You see, if a play is a valid play that remains in the field of play, the clock continues to run (only an incomplete pass or if you go out of bounds stops the clock) unless you call a timeout. So SF having only 1 timeout, Baltimore were able to run down the clock from about 1:55 to about :11 from memory. If they had 2 timeouts, SF would have had about :50 to play with, more than enough time to try to win or at least tie the game given the field position that they had.

Watching that last 10 seconds made me think they need some practice with lateral passing, if ever there was a case for it that was it IMO.

definitely, some teams prepare for it and practice that kind of thing, I just don't think SF knew what to do in that situation.

Best Lateral moment in history:

Gets the td only for the kicker to miss the extra point! they lose by 1!

Last edited by a moderator:
The timeout was taken due to sf fucking up on the play call from the look of things, so they had to take what should have been an unnecessary time out. Time outs can be very valuable. SF only had one towards the end. You see, if a play is a valid play that remains in the field of play, the clock continues to run (only an incomplete pass or if you go out of bounds stops the clock) unless you call a timeout. So SF having only 1 timeout, Baltimore were able to run down the clock from about 1:55 to about :11 from memory. If they had 2 timeouts, SF would have had about :50 to play with, more than enough time to try to win or at least tie the game given the field position that they had.

Kaepernick has awful time management and is shit in the red zone also.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Evander
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.