2014 Broncos Season

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Pretty sure Josh Hannay was another for Game 3 2006.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Lets just end this now. Tuqiri is rubbish and copley is the rubbish bag....There are far better options than both of these muppets. Tuqiri is on the verge of getting his seniors card from centrelink and copley is on the verge of radical hand extension surgery to help him catch.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Lets just end this now. Tuqiri is rubbish and copley is the rubbish bag....There are far better options than both of these muppets. Tuqiri is on the verge of getting his seniors card from centrelink and copley is on the verge of radical hand extension surgery to help him catch.

In all seriousness though how many balls has Copley dropped, and by that I mean not ones that were chocked into his head by reed

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

You sound like you have Copley on the same tier as Maranta, which even before Copley started playing really well would be ridiculous. Before his injury Copley was everywhere. Catching high balls with ease, throwing defenders off him like rag dolls and almost always looked dangerous when he touched the ball.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
You sound like you have Copley on the same tier as Maranta, which even before Copley started playing really well would be ridiculous. Before his injury Copley was everywhere. Catching high balls with ease, throwing defenders off him like rag dolls and almost always looked dangerous when he touched the ball.

Not quite on the same level as maranta, but not much better. Anyway, time will show how average he is in the 13 man game.

T

Tanswell87

BRL Player
Oct 21, 2013
Anyone purchase one of the nines jerseys that came up at the super store?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

I wanted to, but I couldn't afford it. Not in one go, anyway. I'll be saving up and hopefully they have a jersey available at that time.

It would be great if they had an option where you can make a payment plan. I think they would make more money that way.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Hopefully they have some left next thursday because I want one and I won't be buying one of those shitty home or away jerseys this year.

T

Tanswell87

BRL Player
Oct 21, 2013
Hopefully they have some left next thursday because I want one and I won't be buying one of those shitty home or away jerseys this year.

Yeah I also prefer the 9s jersey to our current home and aways. I brought one and paid $170 but then found out they where $154 for members so have to hit them up to refund $16 now.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
In all seriousness though how many balls has Copley dropped, and by that I mean not ones that were chocked into his head by reed

I'll never forget him literally grabbing the ball out of Gillett's hands (who would have scored) and dropping it in that prelim against Manly.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'll never forget him literally grabbing the ball out of Gillett's hands (who would have scored) and dropping it in that prelim against Manly.

In what minute was this? I don't remember this at all.

The only thing I remember is Copley accidently knocking the ball out of Reed's hands when he collided with him. I would blame Reed more for average ball control, though.

morethanjack

morethanjack

NYC Player
Contributor
Aug 12, 2013

I ordered my yesterday. This would have made a good home and away jersey if they inverted the colours. Shame it won't be sent in time for the 9's.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
In what minute was this? I don't remember this at all.

The only thing I remember is Copley accidently knocking the ball out of Reed's hands when he collided with him. I would blame Reed more for average ball control, though.

Correct it was Reed, Copley headbutted the ball out of his hands. The clanger after it is straight up retarded.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCvGh64ZoiY&t=57s[/video]

Last edited:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

Too many for a player you want in NRL first grade, let alone Origin. I think he showed last year that he's starting to come good and hopefully he can, but he has definitely dropped way too many balls in his career. Just look at the example Vertigo posted above where he drops it trying to take a hit up.

Here's another example of him bombing a try: NRL 2012 Round 6 Highlights: Wests Tigers V Broncos - YouTube

And another one: NRL 2011 Finals Week 2 Highlights: Brisbane V Dragons - YouTube

Here's one where he drops it in the very first set. Weather played a factor I'm sure but still a bad mistake on a hit up: NRL 2011 Round 16 Highlights: Rabbitohs v Broncos - YouTube

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Too many for a player you want in NRL first grade, let alone Origin. I think he showed last year that he's starting to come good and hopefully he can, but he has definitely dropped way too many balls in his career. Just look at the example Vertigo posted above where he drops it trying to take a hit up.

Here's another example of him bombing a try: NRL 2012 Round 6 Highlights: Wests Tigers V Broncos - YouTube

And another one: NRL 2011 Finals Week 2 Highlights: Brisbane V Dragons - YouTube

Here's one where he drops it in the very first set. Weather played a factor I'm sure but still a bad mistake on a hit up: NRL 2011 Round 16 Highlights: Rabbitohs v Broncos - YouTube

Fair enough, it's not really a point worth arguing. To me I don't really give a shit about his past form, his form before injury was very good.

All cult and I have said is that he is a solid first grader and with no incumbent for hodgo if he doesn't play origin literally whoever plays the best in the first half if the season is a big chance to play origin. I'm it really sure how that can be disagreed with

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Man Copley looks like a beast of a player, fast and powerful. Barba is also fantastic, he's a real threat for other teams and knows when to pass a ball and has a good short kick on him.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Spoon
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.