10. Josh McGuire
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Alex Glenn
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Todd Lowrie
17. David Hala

Edit: Only reason I switched Josh Hoffman to the Right Wing from the Left Wing is to balance our attack a bit more, Copley and Vidot are similar players, I think it'd be better to have 1 tall unit on each side.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If Nikorima absolutely and consistently stars for us this year, what will happen when Milford arrives next year ?

We will only have a selection headache (one im happy to have) if both our halves consistently star for us. Milford can play in any of the 1,6,7.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
If Nikorima absolutely and consistently stars for us this year, what will happen when Milford arrives next year ?

I would've thought that would be obvious.

6. Nikorima
7. Milford

Hunt hasn't proven anything yet.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
Did you guys read the comment? BroncosAlways asked what if Nikorima consistently stars all year for us this season, then who would partner Milford...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Did you guys read the comment? BroncosAlways asked what if Nikorima consistently stars all year for us this season, then who would partner Milford...

Exactly. If Milford were available for us this year, I know what most people on here would be saying.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
All these halves we have now are hopefully just a stop gap until someone really special comes through (Taylor? Who knows)

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
I'm trying to get inside Griffin's head and predict the team he will pick for round 1.

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Stewart Mills
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Alex Glenn
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Todd Lowrie
17. Daniel Vidot

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
I'm trying to get inside Griffin's head and predict the team he will pick for round 1.

1. Ben Barba
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Stewart Mills
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Alex Glenn
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Todd Lowrie
17. Daniel Vidot

Not a bad side but I would swap Mills with Vidot and bring Granville onto bench.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Here's what I learned from the 9s, at least the stuff that's relevant to the 13-man version:

POSITIVES:
* Our fitness has improved out-of-sight.
* Teamwork was a lot better - it has been said that we didn't have that many 'standouts', as evidenced by the lack of Broncos in everyone's 'best of' list. That screams of team cohesion. Last year we had world-beaters in Hoffman, Hodges, Parker, etc, and Origin incumbents Thaiday, Gillett etc. Yet we couldn't win a damn game.
* Desperation. It was an exhibition tournament, yet the cover-tackles, backing-up during attacking line breaks, and tacklers chasing during opposition line-breaks, was great to see. While this goes hand-in-hand with fitness, it's still a great sign.
* Copley. Hopefully he proves me wrong and becomes the great centre that the club has predicted him to be.
* Hoffman proved once again that he has all the skills to be one of the best wingers in the game. Maybe that's a negative.

NEGATIVES:
* With the game on the line in the final, the Broncos still looked clueless as to how to overcome the pressure. There doesn't seem to be anyone close to a Lockyer to stay composed and guide the team. Granted, we were missing our best attacking weapon (Barba) and the halves are still inexperienced, but they resorted to grinding football with only a minute or so to go and two tries required.
* Stagg, a wonderful servant to the Broncos and a player who would bleed for the jersey, sadly, is a spent force. Griffin may still choose him when he's recovered out of loyalty, but it would be the wrong move. Lowrie is interchangeable and has a bit more mongrel, but is prone to stupidity.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Here's what I learned from the 9s, at least the stuff that's relevant to the 13-man version:

POSITIVES:
* Our fitness has improved out-of-sight.
* Teamwork was a lot better - it has been said that we didn't have that many 'standouts', as evidenced by the lack of Broncos in everyone's 'best of' list. That screams of team cohesion. Last year we had world-beaters in Hoffman, Hodges, Parker, etc, and Origin incumbents Thaiday, Gillett etc. Yet we couldn't win a damn game.
* Desperation. It was an exhibition tournament, yet the cover-tackles, backing-up during attacking line breaks, and tacklers chasing during opposition line-breaks, was great to see. While this goes hand-in-hand with fitness, it's still a great sign.
* Copley. Hopefully he proves me wrong and becomes the great centre that the club has predicted him to be.
* Hoffman proved once again that he has all the skills to be one of the best wingers in the game. Maybe that's a negative.

NEGATIVES:
* With the game on the line in the final, the Broncos still looked clueless as to how to overcome the pressure. There doesn't seem to be anyone close to a Lockyer to stay composed and guide the team. Granted, we were missing our best attacking weapon (Barba) and the halves are still inexperienced, but they resorted to grinding football with only a minute or so to go and two tries required.
* Stagg, a wonderful servant to the Broncos and a player who would bleed for the jersey, sadly, is a spent force. Griffin may still choose him when he's recovered out of loyalty, but it would be the wrong move. Lowrie is interchangeable and has a bit more mongrel, but is prone to stupidity.

Stagg was very dissapointing his heart was not in it he fell off tackles he made a trademark of pulling off consitantly and his passing was woeful. I hope stagg picks up i really do he has been such a great palyer for us over the years.

That injury last year may be copleys making. He was sensational i thought, very surprising

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
All these halves we have now are hopefully just a stop gap until someone really special comes through (Taylor? Who knows)

All these halves we have now are hopefully the real deal and will set us up for the future.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

how can you just decide nikorima is a stop gap? how do you know he isnt someone special after 1 trial and a couple of 9's games, in which he was actually quite impressive.

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

we just couldnt get anything happening in that game. it was a big afternoon and the cowboys defense was huge, and a couple of things simply didnt go our way. im not overly concerned at this point.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • lakers133334
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.