2014 Broncos Season

we just couldnt get anything happening in that game. it was a big afternoon and the cowboys defense was huge, and a couple of things simply didnt go our way. im not overly concerned at this point.

And don't forget the Warriors with the saviour SJ scored a grant total of ZERO points against them an hour earlier.

And don't forget the Warriors with the saviour SJ scored a grant total of ZERO points against them an hour earlier.

absolutely.

i thought the longer break between semi and final would have helped us - instead it seemed like the cowboys shorter break meant they didnt cool down, and came out at full speed and we were just a bit slow off the mark. im not concerned, it just didnt go our way.

how can you just decide nikorima is a stop gap? how do you know he isnt someone special after 1 trial and a couple of 9's games, in which he was actually quite impressive.
He played really well in the nines but at present we have two young halves that forced him to fullback in U20s and look better organisers, also his brother is also supposedly better than him as well.
Mind you none of these three are ready for 1st grade. Maybe Kodi is

I still want to see more of Kodi in defence. He clearly has a strong attack, he seems (from what little I've seen) a player who can read the game well (something I also feel Hunt will be better at with more practice as he seems to have it too) and definitely has some skills, but stick him in the middle and how will he go? He's still just a kid, and a smallish one at that - can he defend week in week out against the best in the comp? KHunt was different as he was a FB...much less defensive workload from there.

Not saying Kodi can't do it, we're screaming for a standout and I'd love it to be him - but I'm not getting too excited yet. Don't want to burn him out and ruin his future.

I guess we could always play him as bench hooker for the next 3 years......that'll be good for his development, right?

He played really well in the nines but at present we have two young halves that forced him to fullback in U20s and look better organisers, also his brother is also supposedly better than him as well.
Mind you none of these three are ready for 1st grade. Maybe Kodi is

fair call, though im not really looking for a 6 to be an organiser. hunt needs to be that man. i want a 6 who can spot an opportunity and score points.. has a bit of attacking flair.. so far ive seen a bit of that in kodi and think he's worth a shot.

on his defense, well 80 mins verse the warriors this week will be a great test for him. i hope he can stand up to it.

in all of this i really hope we dont do any stupid juggling acts like last year with players changing position all over the shop mid game.

pick someone to play 6 (who isnt barba) and give it 4 or 5 rounds.

I guess we could always play him as bench hooker for the next 3 years......that'll be good for his development, right?

That paid dividends for Hunt!

if he wasn't disappointed i'd be worried about his commitment to the club.

its something he seems to be moving on from and we'll see the best thaiday in the past 3 or 4 years in 2014, in my opinion

after seeing him rip in on the weekend i cant wait to see how he goes this year.

Last edited:
If I was picking a Broncos team for round 1 this is what I would have on my play list

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Vidot
6. Nikorima
7. Hunt
8. Kennedy
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Hannant
16. Lowrie
17. Oates

If I was picking a Broncos team for round 1 this is what I would have on my play list

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Vidot
6. Nikorima
7. Hunt
8. Kennedy
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Hannant
16. Lowrie
17. Oates

Whoa . You've got Reed in the centres. was that a typo?

No - No typo - I would keep him in the team until Hodges is back and then switch Copley to his preferred left centre instead of Reed and then Reed to the bench - after seeing Copley build and speed in the 9's I really think he will become a very good player inspite of all the knockers on this forum and as for my mate Jack - as I have said many times before - he is way too slow and only tackles with his arms - we need attacking centres who have speed and ability - not just someone who can chase an up and under and catch the occasional one

Last edited by a moderator:
I would keep him in the team until Hodges is back and then switch Copley to his preferred left centre instead of Reed and then Reed to the bench

May I ask why the fark we would have a Centre on the bench?

If you are referring to Oates as a centre - he is not a centre - remember he -played wing at the end of last year but has also been earmarked as a second rower - so as a utility player he gets my nod as we have others in the team we can juggle if need arises in the backs but I really do not want to see Gillett or Glenn forced to play out in the backs because of an injury - it was a toos up between Oates and Mills for the 17 but i picked Oates based on his potential and options he offers

No - No typo - I would keep him in the team until Hodges is back and then switch Copley to his preferred left centre instead of Reed and then Reed to the bench - after seeing Copley build and speed in the 9's I really think he will become a very good player inspite of all the knockers on this forum and as for my mate Jack - as I have said many times before - he is way too slow and only tackles with his arms - we need attacking centres who have speed and ability - not just someone who can chase an up and under and catch the occasional one

I also agree Reed will end up in the backrow but whether he is all arms in defense or not, he'd be very, very close to the best defensive centre in the game. Though a pairing of Hodges and Copley as centres does look promising.

I was told by a mate that Reed was outstanding on the weekend.

Maybe the addition of some outside backs to the club was just the thing he needed to lift back to 2011/2012 levels.

Active Now

• CHorse
  • Griffo
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Ondi
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Thelmus
  • mitch222
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mister Wright
  • Manofoneway
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.