2014 Broncos Season

I'd like to see the Broncos be the good guys and take a regular season game to CQ or something first.

Whitchurch is listed as one of the Broncos players selected to play in QLD Cup this week, however in the magazine he is listed as one of the losses? Is he gone or not? Also, what about Liam Georgetown? I can't find any info on him being contracted to the Broncos and he is listed as another Broncos player selected to play in QLD Cup.

I've always wanted Broncos to trial Georgetown on the wing to see if he is ready, which unfortunately wouldn't happen anyway. He has scored 102 tries from 137 games according to his profile on Redcliffe Dolphins, and I saw him play quite a bit when I attended games. He looks like he could be a good winger in the NRL. He is quick, strong, elusive and he can finish.

And he's a goal kicker too.

Never been able to work out why we never game him a proper go.

DId white let slip how long until griffin gets the arse?

No but that could be because He was standing right next to us.

He recons we will see a completely different team to the one that got thrashed by the warriors. Said Corvo hammering them on top of flying to NZ for the nines then flying home only to fly back to NZ a few days later stuffed the boys and they'll be much better come rd 1.

No but that could be because He was standing right next to us.

He recons we will see a completely different team to the one that got thrashed by the warriors. Said Corvo hammering them on top of flying to NZ for the nines then flying home only to fly back to NZ a few days later stuffed the boys and they'll be much better come rd 1.
purchase-time-clock.jpg

"on top of flying to NZ for the nines then flying home only to fly back to NZ a few days later stuffed the boys"

If a trainer said this they need to be sacked on the spot.

See the Cowboys whinging about doing *more* flying (and still having *far* better trial/nines form)?

These piss poor excuses are fucking embarrassing.

Whitchurch is listed as one of the Broncos players selected to play in QLD Cup this week, however in the magazine he is listed as one of the losses? Is he gone or not? Also, what about Liam Georgetown? I can't find any info on him being contracted to the Broncos and he is listed as another Broncos player selected to play in QLD Cup.

I've always wanted Broncos to trial Georgetown on the wing to see if he is ready, which unfortunately wouldn't happen anyway. He has scored 102 tries from 137 games according to his profile on Redcliffe Dolphins, and I saw him play quite a bit when I attended games. He looks like he could be a good winger in the NRL. He is quick, strong, elusive and he can finish.

Neither player has any ties to the Broncos.

Broncos did trial Georgetown, he got an off-season two years ago.

flew down for the season launch last night after winning on Lockys list.

Chatted with Paul White for near half an hour and he told me they expect Hodges back way sooner then expected. He said the media has him coming back in rd 6 but white expects him to be playing a few weeks sooner.

also sounds like we may be taking a trial to WA next year. The guy running the WA bid team was all over white about it all night.

Didn't happen to ask him who Maranta has photos of did you??

"on top of flying to NZ for the nines then flying home only to fly back to NZ a few days later stuffed the boys"

See the Cowboys whinging about doing *more* flying (and still having *far* better trial/nines form)?

These **** poor excuses are ****ing embarrassing.

Or it could be the truth. The nines team and the trial team played like two completely different sides, a combination of tiredness early in the season combined with international travel and waiting times mixed with having played five games in two days the week before in early season training and conditioning would take an effect on any team, even the Cows. If you take your hate all things Hook glasses off for a minute you will see it is at least possible.

These piss poor excuses are fucking embarrassing.

Yeah White is our CEO, I could be wrong but I'm going to suggest he isn't training any of the lads.

Maybe if you could try and see through your white hot rage against everything broncos you would realize tanswell wrote that White (Our CEO, not trainer) said:

"Corvo hammering them on top of flying to NZ for the nines then flying home only to fly back to NZ a few days later stuffed the boys and they'll be much better come rd 1."

As to the comparison to the cowboys, I'm pretty sure they havent spent the preseason being tranformed from pie eating fatties into professional atheletes

Last edited:
The interview before the Warriors trial really annoyed me. Griffin was asked about bringing intensity to the game as it's the last hitout before the season started and Griffin is like, "uh....yeah.....we are just looking to get through it."

And whatever you want to say about the Warriors, whenever they pick up a sniff that the other team hasn't come to NZ to play 100% they do know how to rack a score up.

In the Big League season preview Ben Ikin predicts we will finish 13th on the table.

That could happen if we stick with both Hoffman and Barba in the spine at the same time for too long, and if Hunt or Macca don't stand up and deliver.

Not a bad read either. The preview is an absolute Ben-a-thon, the article is all about the importance Hunt & Barba have in regards to this season while Hannant is our Q&A representative.

Ikin's rating system is strange and a tad generous.

It's based on five categories - Attack, Defence, Coaching Staff, Player roster & Match Winners and the Broncos received no lower than a 7.5 despite being rated as a 13th place side.

If it was up to me I'd go...

Attack - 4
Defence - 4
Coaching Staff - 4
Player Roster - 6
Matchwinners - 3
Total - 21

And I think that's a far better depiction, but Big League I guess isn't the type of publication that wants to offend the hand that feeds.

Not a bad read, you won't learn anything new about the Broncos (the Barba NYC story is worth a chuckle) but plenty of interesting stories around the grounds to keep you updated on what's going on. They also reckon Hodgo will be back by Round 3, confirming Tanswell's earlier chat with White.

I think 13th is a realistic spot where we can finish. If everything goes right we might be able to squeeze into the 8 but I think that is our ceiling for this season.

I think 13th is a realistic spot where we can finish. If everything goes right we might be able to squeeze into the 8 but I think that is our ceiling for this season.

And that's fucking depressing!! FFS lol...gonna be a tough season...

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • NSW stables
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Maddy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.