2014 Broncos Season

Fair enough...

I just thought last year we got destroyed by teams with genuine size, which was a driving factor behind recruiting Kennedy.

We did.

Canterbury for one monstered us.

Our forward pack is full of class. Kennedy adds real size which we lacked.

I keep saying we need Taumalolololo. Though I'd settle for getting Tariq Sims back.

What we need is a pack which is FIT, mobile, FIT, always look to pass/offload the ball, FIT, and HURT the opposition when they tackle, FIT,get back into the defensive live ASAP, don't slack off at marker defence, and ..... FIT - which means they don't stop till they drop.

Totally unlike the last 3 years

And there are still those who would have Gillett off the bench. Sigh

Last edited:
We could all wish we had a bigger forward pack or we could Hook realizes we don't and decides to use a gameplan that makes us different to every other side and play a mobile, up tempo game. Perhaps a hybrid of Wests Tigers 05 mixed with Bulldogs 12.

We have plenty of good forwards but they aren't being used properly. Hook uses all the forwards as bash and barge machines lacks creativity and ball movement with them. In this day and age having a mobile, fit and skilful forward pack is the way to go with a bit of old-school and mongrel thrown in.

I keep saying we need Taumalolololo. Though I'd settle for getting Tariq Sims back.

If Taumalolol ......wait, what? Damn you Morkel!

If Taumalolo doesn't get his head right this year and perform consistently enough to cement a first grade spot, he will considered from next year on as Dave Taylor MKII.

Huge potential

Not living up to it.

so can we assume that hoffmans voicemail where he says "doesnt matter what number is on my back" is confirmation enough barba will definitely be the fullback and hoffy on the wing?

I would say so. It looks like Nikorima will be 5/8, which would rule out Barba. I don't think Broncos would've signed Barba to use him on the wing, so my guess is he is definitely the fullback.

so our 17 is shaping up to be:

1. barba
hopefully 2012 form behind an amazing forward pack
2. Hoffman
hopefully we see him replicate last year wing form and get top try scorer and dallym winger
3. Reed/Hodges
Reed will start the year on the right hand side until Hodges returns
4. copley/reed
copely starts here and dependant on form when hodges returns reed may replace him
5. vidot/mills/drew/oates/maranta/kahu
want to see vidot or drew here hard to tell who is the best option with what we've seen.
6. nikorima/kahu
obviously dependant on form once kahu returns
7. hunt
hopefully builds on the end of 13 by finding both a long kicking game and consistency
8. moose
if reports are to be believed the mobile front rowers will start and finish
9. macca
only option with granville and cullen potential subs
10. parker
will be interesting to see how he goes with a new number. hopefully better
11. glenn
hopefully back to 2012 form
12. thaiday
im expecting back to dally m levels with offloads hard runs and ball skills.
13. gillett
apparently played up the middle in origin. hopefully works like watmough or runs wide using his skills.

14. granville
can't see a 4th forward getting any minutes
15. kennedy
size!
16. hannant
hopefully won't look exhausted all game
17. lowrie/ oates
can't see decent minutes for the 2rf so these two havr to share maybe checking next week.

Does anyone remember Barba's first try against the Broncos?

[video]http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/255681/rd7-bulldogs-v-broncos-hls[/video]

Whitchurch is listed as one of the Broncos players selected to play in QLD Cup this week, however in the magazine he is listed as one of the losses? Is he gone or not? Also, what about Liam Georgetown? I can't find any info on him being contracted to the Broncos and he is listed as another Broncos player selected to play in QLD Cup.

I've always wanted Broncos to trial Georgetown on the wing to see if he is ready, which unfortunately wouldn't happen anyway. He has scored 102 tries from 137 games according to his profile on Redcliffe Dolphins, and I saw him play quite a bit when I attended games. He looks like he could be a good winger in the NRL. He is quick, strong, elusive and he can finish.

Last edited:
Georgetown was playing for fogs in the game before the Q Cup match at the broncos trial. Dunno why the dolphins dropped him

Whitchurch is listed as one of the Broncos players selected to play in QLD Cup this week, however in the magazine he is listed as one of the losses?

I'm friends with Aaron irl, he was on the verge of signing with the Knights, but it fell through, he's playing with Redcliffe still.

Georgetown was playing for fogs in the game before the Q Cup match at the broncos trial. Dunno why the dolphins dropped him

He's in the team that was named yesterday with Hala in it.

flew down for the season launch last night after winning on Lockys list.

Chatted with Paul White for near half an hour and he told me they expect Hodges back way sooner then expected. He said the media has him coming back in rd 6 but white expects him to be playing a few weeks sooner.

also sounds like we may be taking a trial to WA next year. The guy running the WA bid team was all over white about it all night.

flew down for the season launch last night after winning on Lockys list.

Chatted with Paul White for near half an hour and he told me they expect Hodges back way sooner then expected. He said the media has him coming back in rd 6 but white expects him to be playing a few weeks sooner.

also sounds like we may be taking a trial to WA next year. The guy running the WA bid team was all over white about it all night.

DId white let slip how long until griffin gets the arse?

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Galah
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.