2014 Four Nations

I don't have that much of a problem with Klemmer actually - if he's a direct swap for Fifita and used as impact off the bench I can understand that logic.

My issue is the million backrows we picked. No doubt Parker, Thaiday & Papalli will pack into accommodate that and we know better than anyone else that mode of thought doesn't work.

I think Fifita's role is a low priority when we pretty much have every other front row role missing too. McGuire/Vaughan/Tolman/whoever else would have been far better selections (and atm far better players too) than Klemmer. In fact, take out some of the vomitful of back rowers and add more than one of the former.

Seriously, I'll be pissed off at the QLD and Australia selectors if he can't play for QLD for the next 4 or whatever years. His lack of patience too, but he really did get jerked around.

Just means his manager can't say he's an Origin player when it comes time for a new deal!

I love these seemingly shitty selections. Winning with these players will just go to show how stupid it is that Australia participate in this tournament.

Alec said:
In fact, take out some of the vomitful of back rowers and add more than one of the former.

Which was what I was basically getting at. I'd get rid of a few backrows first before I got rid of Klemmer who at least offers something off the bench and isn't just depth for the sake of it.

I'd have Napa above Vaughan and Tolman at this stage. Especially at this level, has Nate Myles written all over him.

So McGuire can't play for Queensland until Game 1, 2017?

Well played young chap.

Edit: In his defence, Myles & Scott are both 29, I doubt they'll retire before the 2017 season. So even if he didn't elect to play for Samoa, he wasn't really any hope of starting for Queensland, maybe a bench spot at best.

Last edited:
So McGuire can't play for Queensland until Game 1, 2017?

Well played young chap.

Edit: In his defence, Myles & Scott are both 29, I doubt they'll retire before the 2017 season. So even if he didn't elect to play for Samoa, he wasn't really any hope of starting for Queensland, maybe a bench spot at best.

A bench spot is good enough. I'd pick him of Gillett and especially over a complete retard like McQueen.

A bench spot is good enough. I'd pick him of Gillett and especially over a complete retard like McQueen.

I don't see why he'd replace backrowers on the bench.. he's a prop.

The only bench prop that Queensland used this year was Jacob Lillyman, and he only just turned 30 as well, provided Scott, Myles, Lillyman are all healthy and not under-performing immensely at club level, I don't think McGuire would've even got a bench spot for Queensland in 2015 or 2016.

Mal never uses 2 props on the bench.

Someone should really speak to Josh then. He was on Triple M this morning and said that he could still play for Qld next year.

Someone should really speak to Josh then. He was on Triple M this morning and said that he could still play for Qld next year.

He can because he never formally changed his eligibility to Australia, if QLD pick him he can change it then.

He can because he never formally changed his eligibility to Australia, if QLD pick him he can change it then.

So how was he picked in the train on squad? Or maybe that's why he wasn't picked in the Australian one? Could he really be that stupud?

So McGuire has represented Samoa already right? Maybe he never changed his allegiance to Australia therefore he can play for Samoa now but change his allegience to Australia before origin?

Did he not just play for Australia for the PM's team?!?!?!

It's not really an Australian team though, just a team made up of Australians.

What surprises me is that McGuire was 18th man for Origin. I don't know if you actually have to play for another team to declare your change of allegiance, but if a written thing you provide, surely he changed it then. No idea how the process works though.

It's not really an Australian team though, just a team made up of Australians.

What surprises me is that McGuire was 18th man for Origin. I don't know if you actually have to play for another team to declare your change of allegiance, but if a written thing you provide, surely he changed it then. No idea how the process works though.

The 18th man thing was what I was half way through typing until I realised he'd played... PLAYED... in the Australian jersey. A week ago.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.