2014 Ladies and Gentlemen

Fair call, but as you say, it hasn't been for long. No idea why he wouldn't have been doing it all year. Then again, I have no idea why he didn't do a lot of things this year....

Honestly? I think Griffin has a solid game plan in place for next year that he's been working on for probably 4 weeks or so. It'll be an entirely new style of play based a lot around Hunt and his ability to read the play. Throw Barba and Milford in there running lines with Hoffman out wide and I think we'll be a far better attacking side, obviously.

I think he'll get the players super fit with a whole new defensive structure in place.

Or, you know, he could do the same old shit and I'll just look like a complete imbecile.

I choose to think positive with an optimistic perspective.

Good on you for choosing the positive view. I find it really hard to do that with Griffin after what we've had to put up with. I think he's shown he isn't good enough to see and fix problems fast enough. I also think he doesn't know how to develop the players skills and weaknesses individually. I don't know if anyone else has seen that?

They call him a great man manager. Well that would have to be with how well they are coping off field, because on field you can clearly see he isn't working on their game individually. You only have to go back to that comment made by Teo. Some may say that it's just fluff and sucking up to the new coach, but I think there's some weight to his argument.

Last edited:
1 Ben Barba
2 JoshHoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 JustinHodges
5 Jharal YowYeh
6 AnthonyMilford
7 Ben Hunt
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday
11 Alex Glenn
12 MattGillett
13 CoreyParker

14 JakeGranville
15 Corey Oates
16 Josh McGuire
17 MartinKennedy

18 DavidStagg. 19 Jordan Kahu. 20 Lama Tasi. 21 David Hala. 22 Mitchell Dodds. 23 Dale Copley. 24 Francis Molo.
25 AsheyTaylor. 26 Jordan Drew. 27 Zach Stasser. 28 Jarrod Wallace. 29 Lachlan Maranta . 30 Brendon Gibb. IMO what our squad should like in 2014.

This is what I don't understand about Griffin, he seems like an old school type of coach so why isn't he coaching that way? ie ditch the split halves and play a genuine 5/8th with a HB

i don't know that going back to a genuine halfback and five-eight is a great move nowadays. it telegraphs the play to the opposition and allows them shift extra defenders over to whichever side of the ruck that your 7 is standing on. I don't like left and right halves much but i can see why teams do it now, it means that you keep the other team in two minds all the time

i don't know that going back to a genuine halfback and five-eight is a great move nowadays. it telegraphs the play to the opposition and allows them shift extra defenders over to whichever side of the ruck that your 7 is standing on. I don't like left and right halves much but i can see why teams do it now, it means that you keep the other team in two minds all the time

Then McCullough will scoot out of dummy half the other way, dummy and score himself.:winky:

Personally think we should play a more 'fluid' style, but we won't with Hook around.

Hunt is clearly a better player when he plays what's in front of him, rather than sticking to a rigid game plan.

The same could be said about Milford and Barba. I would personally be a fan of dumping the left and right side half system, and making Ben Hunt play first receiver all over the park with Barba and Milford interchanging between Fullback and 5/8th.

Would keep team's guessing and would keep the ball in motion, creating space.

Unfortunately, we will just revert to the rigid style of the last 2 seasons, 5 hit ups then a midfield bomb.

Keeping the opposition guessing with positional plays is a great tactic. I'd play Hunt and whoever is our other half left, right and also both as 1st and 2nd receiver.

Interesting ... with the halves on one side of the ruck, quickly get the ball on the short blind to Gillett/Glenn/Thaiday>centre>winger>tryline

I won't include Milford in my team for next season until it is confirmed he has signed with us.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copely
5. Oates
6. Strasser (or someone else from QLD cup, don't know much about them)
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kennedy
15. Granville
16. Gillett
17. Dodds/Tasi/Hala/Molo (whoever shows the most in the trials)

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KickHaas
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • Justwin
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Foordy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.