2014 Ladies and Gentlemen

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Wasn't it Henjak's (temporary) legacy?

I dunno.....but I remember Gould on a Friday night call remarking on how big and fast and lean the Brisbane team were looking. I think it was the game against the Tigers where Teo got suspended for the SC.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Glenn is being used as a battering ram instead of running into holes, he was at his best when he was a few KG's lighter and looked really dangerous every time he got the ball, with a nice little step, that's what he needs to be doing.

I'd strongly consider Glenn and Parker as co-captains next season, with Thaiday off the bench.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
Seeing Reed in the centres makes me a little bit sad. He looks like a centre in defence but a winger in attack. I wish we could combine him with someone like Kahu so we had a centre who wasn't sloppy in defence but was actually dynamic in attack.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Let's leave Barba and Milford out of potential sides until it's a done deal. They are still under contract from other clubs and a lot can still happen with those two despite what the 'strong mail' says.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
People seem to forget that after Round 14 last year, we were coming second. After that, Griffin signed a contract extension and the club hasn't been the same since. We have been on a downhill slide since that second game against the Titans last year.

It's a strange situation, because I don't think it can be put down to a lack of effort. All we know is that the players at this club are not performing to their potential. Anyone who thinks we can't make the top 4 should watch the first half against Manly in Round 1. Our defense was strong, we had attacking flair like it was 1998 and we were actually exciting to watch.

All we can hope for is that we recruit the best players possible and stay unaffected by injuries (touch wood). I felt that this year had a nasty smell ever since Griffin appeared on the screen at Suncorp Stadium in Round 1 and drawled, with the least amount of passion and charisma it is possible for a human to possess, "2013 is going to be a big year for the Brisbane Broncos". He would have been right on the money if he replaced "year" with "failure" or "disappointment".

May God save our souls (and Jharal's ankle).

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
People seem to forget that after Round 14 last year, we were coming second. After that, Griffin signed a contract extension and the club hasn't been the same since. We have been on a downhill slide since that second game against the Titans last year.

It's a strange situation, because I don't think it can be put down to a lack of effort. All we know is that the players at this club are not performing to their potential. Anyone who thinks we can't make the top 4 should watch the first half against Manly in Round 1. Our defense was strong, we had attacking flair like it was 1998 and we were actually exciting to watch.

All we can hope for is that we recruit the best players possible and stay unaffected by injuries (touch wood). I felt that this year had a nasty smell ever since Griffin appeared on the screen at Suncorp Stadium in Round 1 and drawled, with the least amount of passion and charisma it is possible for a human to possess, "2013 is going to be a big year for the Brisbane Broncos". He would have been right on the money if he replaced "year" with "failure" or "disappointment".

May God save our souls (and Jharal's ankle).

The Lockyer effect was potent wasn't it. Exposed Griffin completely this year. This year, he had to produce the goods off field without someone doing it better on field

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Seeing Reed in the centres makes me a little bit sad. He looks like a centre in defence but a winger in attack. I wish we could combine him with someone like Kahu so we had a centre who wasn't sloppy in defence but was actually dynamic in attack.

Kahu dynamic in attack? You could chase him down driving a cricket roller.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Let's leave Barba and Milford out of potential sides until it's a done deal. They are still under contract from other clubs and a lot can still happen with those two despite what the 'strong mail' says.

That's really upsetting though lol.

1. Hoffman
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Kahu
6. Prince
7. Hunt

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'm leaving Barba & Milford out of my team. I'll add them in when we have their signatures.

1. Hoffman
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Copely
5. Kahu
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker
14. Glenn
15. McGuire
16. Stagg
17. Dodds

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If we do get Barba, he will be a huge addition to our team. Gee would be an absolute moron to not do everything humanly possible to have him on our books for next year.

Barba will make Hoffman go back to wing where he is great. Barba is a great fullback with a superb running game, awesome on broken field play, supports the ball player as good as anyone, knows how to find a try line and can make something out of nothing. He is IMO what we're missing and with Kennedy being added to our forward rotation we will have a much better all round forward pack. All we need is a rehaul of our defensive strategy, particularly around the ruck because every team just seems to stroll through that part of our defence.

Add Barba + Kennedy and we're a top 8 team next year. Add Milford as well and we are top 4 material IMO.

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
It's crazy how just one signing can make a side look that much better....

1. Barba
2. Oates/Kahu/Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Hoffman

That's a top 4 backline IMO. Even removing Hodges and putting Copley or Kahu there and we're still miles ahead of anything we have now. Hell, even having Copley back makes such a difference.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Anyone who thinks we can't make the top 4 should watch the first half against Manly in Round 1. Our defense was strong, we had attacking flair like it was 1998 and we were actually exciting to watch.

Then watch the second half and pathetic capitulation.

As soon as that game ended I knew we were in for another shit year.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Anyone who thinks flashy, or even class players make a team ought to think again, or have a chat with Neil Henry

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Too early to draw any real conclusions. We'll have a better idea when we see the make-up of our roster.

As it stands, the signs aren't promising. Brisbane have lost their X-Factor for the bulk of the season and it appears that the side can't fill that void. Again, our chances rely on nailing these star signings. Failure at this stage will end in further misery.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
don't let one play define how you view a player. Kahu is undeniably slow at the moment but he is coming off the back of a litany of injuries and even with that, I think he has shown plenty of potential in attack

Exactly. Dude's coming off two back-to-back ACL's (same knee I'm pretty sure too) plus a couple of other injuries just from this year. Even with that he's already 10 times the winger Maranta ever was/will be if he ever gets into 1st grade somewhere else. Had a couple of great takes from bombs for a relatively smaller guy than most wingers and has had some great finishes in his short career.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • Maddy
  • Big Del
  • Ondi
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behold
  • Fozz
  • Matheos
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Culhwch
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.