2014 Ladies and Gentlemen

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I think Kahu better next season ... It usually takes 2 years before players seem to recover from a knee recon (1 year off rehab, 1 year playing) It even took Hodges and Lockyer a full season of playing to recover properly

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
And on the flipside, anyone who thinks a team can be good without flashy players ought to think again.

Like I said, have a chat with Neil Henry

Does anyone on these boards honestly believe that if we had say, Barba and Milford, we would win against any of the top 4 teams in '13?

We are not a team. We are a rabble with spits and dribbles of classy football. The coach makes the team, the stars are given the opportunity to shine, not watch as a flabby underbelly is constantly exposed and exploited, as the lack of structure and shape is constantly revealed.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Too early to draw any real conclusions. We'll have a better idea when we see the make-up of our roster.

As it stands, the signs aren't promising. Brisbane have lost their X-Factor for the bulk of the season and it appears that the side can't fill that void. Again, our chances rely on nailing these star signings. Failure at this stage will end in further misery.

This is true. Don't we have over 10 more signings to make to fill up our squad of 25?? Interesting to see who of our under 20's are in the main squad this year.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
If signings go our way and if Jahral returns at some point and when Hodges returns this is the team I want to see next year

1: Barba
2: Yow Yeh
3: Reed
4: Hodges
5: Hoffman
6: Milford
7: Hunt
8: McGuire
9: McCullogh
10: Hannant
11: Thiaday
12: Gillett
13: Parker (captain)

14: Tasi
15: Kennedy
16: Glenn
17: Dodds

If otherwise

1: Hoffman
2: Kahu
3: Reed
4: Oates
5: Drew
6: Prince
7: Hunt
8: Hannant
9: McCullogh
10: McGuire
11: Thiaday
12: Gillett
13: Parker (captain)

14: Glenn
15: Tasi
16: Kennedy
17: Granville

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I hope Ash Taylor is there. Our answer to Luke Brooks who at 18 and in his first year out of high school played rather well for the Tigers.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Drew ahead of Copley?
Also Dodds is better than Tasi IMO.
[MENTION=7803]Broncoman[/MENTION]

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
2014 will be the year we sow wild Oates and harvest a great crop

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Like what I saw of strasser today and Cameron Cullen for redcliffe

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What is this being based on??

To be fair, it is based on what I have read about him, and his history - about the same level of accuracy as the wraps some have on Copley, when my recall - imperfect perhaps, was that he was somewhat heavily criticised as ordinary a year or so back

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Copley was one of the best centres in the NYC and was one of our most improved players in 2012.

Meanwhile, Ash Taylor has played a handful of games for the NYC, some were good but he started going quiet when he started getting talked up in the media.

He is no where near Brooks' level.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure we won't win a game in 2014 if Hook is coach and Thaiday is captain.

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
Lets take away all the speculation about playmakers and backs. One thing I'm pretty certain is our recruitment for forwards is over and it's up to these guys to lead us in 2014. What are your thoughts people ?

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. McGuire
17. Oates

Tasi, Hala, Stagg, Molo, Dodds,
J Wallace

Just hope we use our bench a little better next year.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Lets take away all the speculation about playmakers and backs. One thing I'm pretty certain is our recruitment for forwards is over and it's up to these guys to lead us in 2014. What are your thoughts people ?

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. McGuire
17. Oates

J Wallace

6 rep players, and at least 2 very likely future rep player. This should be one of the best packs in the comp. We should be like the Storm BIG 3 of forwards. the Big 6 should win with a bunch of nuffies around them.

...They don't though.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. McGuire
17. Oates

J Wallace

your kidding yourself if you think Thaiday will start on the bench.

The rest is about right though, only change i would make is start Gillett from the bench, i think he would be better being used as an impact player

Unread

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • Robboi_321
  • Swordfish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • davidp
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.