2014 Ladies and Gentlemen

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If anyone needed to put a bit of weight on it was Granville.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Strasser could b a option , a bit on the small side but a real goer . Has a touch footy background a bit like ashely Taylor , great support player with a good passing & kicking game . Would complement hunt & barba nicely imo

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
1 Barba 2 Hoffman 3 Reed 4 Kahu 5 Copley 6 Milford 7 Hunt 8 Hannant 9 Mc 10 Kennedy 11 Thaiday 12 Gillett 13 Parker 14 Granville 15 Oates 16 McGuire 17 Tasi 18 Glenn.....Copley and Kahu drop out of side when JYY and Hodges Returns. Tasi, Hala, Doods, Glenn to fight it out for last bench spot all year.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
1 Barba 2 Hoffman 3 Reed 4 Kahu 5 Copley 6 Milford 7 Hunt 8 Hannant 9 Mc 10 Kennedy 11 Thaiday 12 Gillett 13 Parker 14 Granville 15 Oates 16 McGuire 17 Tasi 18 Glenn.....Copley and Kahu drop out of side when JYY and Hodges Returns. Tasi, Hala, Doods, Glenn to fight it out for last bench spot all year.

I'd switch Hoffman to center and Kahu to wing

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
For mine, Hoffman is the JYY you have when you don't (have that luxury). I reckon Hoffman is as good a winger as any going around and that is his niche.

I'd rather see Kahu in the centres when 100% fit although I still reckon Oates will be the next Gene Miles

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copely/hodges
5. Yow yeh/ kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Gillette
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. Oates/stagg/dodds
17. Moose

18. Oates/stagg/dodds
19. Oates/stagg/dodds
20. Hala

I know thaiday won't be benched but he should be.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
My mistake mate, I genuinely forgot about including Reed :laugh:

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. JYY/Kahu/Oates

With Hodges to come.

I'd love to get excited, but I just can't

Barba and Hoffy = brilliant

Reed and Copley = solid

JYY = brilliant in the past but will he ever return to that?

Kahu and Oates = solid

Yes, the addition iof Barba is HUGE improvement, but more is needed

When Kearney is sacked and a clever tactician and/or halves coach appointed (I'm looking at you Locky) then I will have true excitement

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'd love to get excited, but I just can't

Barba and Hoffy = brilliant

Reed and Copley = solid

JYY = brilliant in the past but will he ever return to that?

Kahu and Oates = solid

Yes, the addition iof Barba is HUGE improvement, but more is needed

When Kearney is sacked and a clever tactician and/or halves coach appointed (I'm looking at you Locky) then I will have true excitement

We have a pack that rivals any other teams. Our backline on paper could be 1. Barba, 2/5. Hoff/YY, 3/4. Reed/Hodges. At full strength, I believe that is the best backline in the comp, bar none. That being said, Hodgo and YY could be very average from here on.

Hunt is a decent half who fluctuates between brilliant and horrible. We should be a top 4 team, at full strength next year. If we aren't Hook will have nothing to hide behind.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
We have a pack that rivals any other teams. Our backline on paper could be 1. Barba, 2/5. Hoff/YY, 3/4. Reed/Hodges. At full strength, I believe that is the best backline in the comp, bar none. That being said, Hodgo and YY could be very average from here on.

Hunt is a decent half who fluctuates between brilliant and horrible. We should be a top 4 team, at full strength next year. If we aren't Hook will have nothing to hide behind.

Firstly, I commented on a centre pairing of Reed and Copley

A pairing of Reed and Hodges inspires more confidence no argument, but Hodgo won't be back for some time

I am excited by JYY circa 2011, but who knows what the 2014 model will look like

His opposite winger Hoff as well as Barba at 1 I think is excellent

Secondly, I'm just making the point that we MUST appoint someone in the coaching ranks that can make a difference

We need star talent on AND off the paddock to be successful

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I have a feeling you think I was arguing your comment. I was just further discussing it. I completely agree with everything you've said, especially concerning coaching.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
how about having a dig at the coaching if we dont do well next year . easy to point the finger from behind the keyboard

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I have a feeling you think I was arguing your comment. I was just further discussing it. I completely agree with everything you've said, especially concerning coaching.

Cheers, thanks for the clarity shed :)

All good!

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
how about having a dig at the coaching if we dont do well next year . easy to point the finger from behind the keyboard

Why next year pagey?

The Broncos have had 1 of the worst seasons in their history

Some of that is about the players

Some of that is about coaching and tactics

So why is it OK to question some of the players but not the coaches?

This is a discussion forum, and the coaching of this team has been questionable at times

Folks come here to discuss it

We are allowed to

They are called opinions

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
yes i agree and this is my opinion that it seems the majority are pointing the finger at griffin . i think he got it wrong and played to many people out of position at the start of the season but there was alot of other contributing factors too , and he is obviously trying to rectifiy our weakneses which i think shows he has got some sort of a clue .

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
yes i agree and this is my opinion that it seems the majority are pointing the finger at griffin . i think he got it wrong and played to many people out of position at the start of the season but there was alot of other contributing factors too , and he is obviously trying to rectifiy our weakneses which i think shows he has got some sort of a clue .

Well I can't get my head around the fact that we kept Norman for so long, and kept Hunt on the bench for too long and in the wrong position, and, that we played some brilliant football in many games but for what, 15 mins a game? For mine, if you have those plays, at this level, what other clues do you need?

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Well in my opinion Norman was looking good at the start of last year only to fade out, which you could say that for most of the team and he obviously didn't want to play fb. As for hunt the jury is still out whether he has done the right thing by keeping him at back up hooker to mature. As for playing good for 15mins a game that comes down to the players

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Mister Wright
  • Behold
  • Broncorob
  • leon.bott
  • Skyblues87
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.