10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Hannant
16. Kennedy
17. Oates

Thaiday is no longer a back rower IMO. He might play a little better there, but that's because it's easier to run at backs than it is to run at forwards. His defence is worse there though. He's getting in the way of better actual second rowers like Gillett and Glenn, and the development of Oates, who should be playing in the forwards, or at least centres, too.

Also I'm only starting Thaiday because we screwed up when we named him captain and no one is going to start the captain off the bench, after the Gidley saga.

B

BroncosFan4Life7

NYC Player
Sep 1, 2013
The team I'd go with

1. Barba
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hoffman
5. Kahu
6. ???
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Hannant
16. Kennedy
17. Oates

Thaiday is no longer a back rower IMO. He might play a little better there, but that's because it's easier to run at backs than it is to run at forwards. His defence is worse there though. He's getting in the way of better actual second rowers like Gillett and Glenn, and the development of Oates, who should be playing in the forwards, or at least centres, too.

Also I'm only starting Thaiday because we screwed up when we named him captain and no one is going to start the captain off the bench, after the Gidley saga.

what about Kahu at 6 and Yow Yeh at 5

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe, but I've never really seen Kahu play in the halves. I'm assuming it'll be Milford there anyway.
Yow Yeh would definitely make the starting side if he's ready, but who knows when that'll be.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Maybe, but I've never really seen Kahu play in the halves. I'm assuming it'll be Milford there anyway.
Yow Yeh would definitely make the starting side if he's ready, but who knows when that'll be.

Would I be a prick if I answered that with never?

I thinks it's a reality that some of you are going to have to start facing.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I thought we were done with the Thaiday at prop thing, oh wow his hair flails about. Makes zero impact upon contact.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I thought we were done with the Thaiday at prop thing, oh wow his hair flails about. Makes zero impact upon contact.

It has to be an oversight. Thaiday is useless up front.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He's useless in the second row too. I'd rather have a rotation of Glenn, Gillett and Oates than Thaiday, Glenn and Gillett.

In the front row he'd play about 40 minutes, which is really all he's capable of.

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012
Reality is relative/subjective. Some people just live in black, negative worlds (their reality). The same people tend to have plenty of negative agendas.

It always helps to remember that RL is just a game. One we get obsessive about, it's true.

No need to criticise other members for optimism, though. It would be a nicer life with more optimism as we tend to shape our world by our attitude.
Thanks for that little teaspoon of chicken soup for the soul, symbolsoup.

What that has to do with one or several persons assesments of a football team's form or lack thereof I am not really sure though. :winky:

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
It has to be an oversight. Thaiday is useless up front.

Thaiday is useless everywhere at the moment. He needs to be benched or dropped to give him a kick in the arse.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Thaiday is useless everywhere at the moment. He needs to be benched or dropped to give him a kick in the arse.

And drop his body fat & add muscle , not sure if he put it on because he got thrown up front or what but he is carrying to much weight & is very unfit

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012
Hey, I'm all for analysing our deficiencies as the Broncos community. I just don't see the point in attacking other community members for having an upbeat attitude.
Hi Soup, thanks for taking time out from shampooing your guinea pig to make another post about upbeat attitudes.

I will be sure to consider how upbeat my next post is prior to clicking send.
finger.gif

Last edited:
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Is this a name your 2014 side thread? If not it now is...

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges/Copely/Oates
5. Yow Yeh/Kahu/Oates
6. Hunt
7. Taylor
8. Hannant
9. Macca (VC)
10. McGuire
11. Glenn (C)
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Dodds
16. Tasi
17. Kennedy

18.Thaiday

Last edited:
S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges/Copely/Oates
5. Yow Yeh/Kahu/Oates
6. Hunt
7. Taylor
8. Hannant
9. Macca (VC)
10. McGuire
11. Glenn (C)
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Baptise
15. Dodds
16. Tasi
17. Kennedy

18.Thaiday

Not going to happen.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges/Copely/Oates
5. Yow Yeh/Kahu/Oates
6. Hunt
7. Taylor
8. Hannant
9. Macca (VC)
10. McGuire
11. Glenn (C)
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Baptise
15. Dodds
16. Tasi
17. Kennedy

18.Thaiday

It's a general outlook for 2014 thread so yeah sides, coaching etc.

Can't see them dropping Thaiday completely and considering Granville signed on for the year, I imagine he'll be our bench hooker.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
It's a general outlook for 2014 thread so yeah sides, coaching etc.

Can't see them dropping Thaiday completely and considering Granville signed on for the year, I imagine he'll be our bench hooker.

You're right about Granville and I have zero idea why I put Baptise ahead of him, case of typing the wrong name.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I posted this elsewhere, but this is my 2014 side...

Until recently, I thought Hoffman would go best filling in at right Centre for Hodges next season. After seeing how Corey Oates is going, I'd be keen to give him a run in at right Centre next year (really in a Gene Miles type role) with either Yow Yeh or Kahu outside him (or Copley pending pre-season form). Reed got to know with Hoffman, that all he had to do was get Hoffman the ball and Hoffman would usually do the rest and score the tries. So, Hoffman to left Wing outside Reed.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Oates
5. Kahu/JYY/Copley
6. ? (Milford)
7. Hunt
8. Hannant/Kennedy
9. Macca (vc)
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

14. Granville
15. Thaiday (vc)
16. Kennedy/Hannant
17. Dodds/Tasi/Lui/Stagg

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
After seeing how Corey Oates is going, I'd be keen to give him a run in at right Centre next year

Something they should trial for sure. It would give you the advantage of alternating him with Gillett in that position throughout the game (in attack not defence). It would give the opposition defence something extra to worry about.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • mrslong
  • phoenix
  • Lostboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Robboi_321
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Kev_Guz
  • BooKhaki
  • Bish
  • jarro65
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.