2017 Line-up

If McGuire gets moved to lock, who would everyone pick. My choice is either Pangai Jr or Big Joe.

Neither of them are starters yet.

You don't just throw anyone in the starting role.
I think big joe and Esse will be a big part of our forward pack this year. Maguire will still make the metres from lock , so what's it matter if he is moved there?

I'd like to see a fitness fanatic like Blair at lock personally.

We have to just throw players in we, have to because how low our front row stocks are. So who would you suggest?

We have to just throw players in we, have to because how low our front row stocks are. So who would you suggest?

how about we actually be smart and not move our best front rower without an adequate replacement.

Blair and McGuire are our only props capable of starting. which is a sad state of affairs of our front row stocks and makes losing Wallace even worse

if we are going to weaken one position to strengthen another, then we need to go out and find a seasoned prop from one of our ISC affiliates, rather than damage the development and confidence of our up and comers

That's why I said Big Joe he has a full season and some in the nrl. He is 22 and spent half of last season in the ISC so how is he not ready.

I feel mcguire will stay at prop, because why would we let wallace go.

I really didn't want Dodds back into the side but we may need him.

That's why I said Big Joe he has a full season and some in the nrl. He is 22 and spent half of last season in the ISC so how is he not ready.

Because he is not.

Just because of the things you stated he has done doesn't mean that he is ready for a starting roll.

In any case he couldn't even make the bench in 2016 and definitely will not be starting at the start of 2017.

In the nrl it's a common occurrence that a player is chucked into the deep end. So Bennett will have some hard choices to make and a lot of them, will be how much a player will fight for their spot.

Joe struggled as a starter. Defensively he wasn't as effective. He struggled to deal with the workload required from a starter.

TPJ has fitness issues, he gets gassed too quickly.

We would also lose some impact from the bench if he was to start. The side is better off with TPJ on the bench.

Neither player is ready to be a starter.

The only option if McGuire moves to lock is Thaiday.

Last edited:
Whenever Joe was put in the starting side, he struggled. Defensively he wasn't as effective.

We would also lose some impact from the bench if he is put in the starting side.

Agree totally.

And personally i think Thaiday is a bad option as starting prop. He struggles when playing up the middle. He needs to stay on the edges.

Our lack of options up front is why I want McGuire to stay there.

I think either Glenn or Arrow can do a decent job for us starting in the 13.

Joe struggled as a starter. Defensively he wasn't as effective. He struggled to deal with the workload required from a starter.

We would also lose some impact from the bench if he was to start. The side is better off with TPJ on the bench.

Agree with this.

But I can't see Thaiday at prop again.

That's why Gillett should move to lock and put Oates to second row.

How do people figure Arrow could be a starter and Ofahengaue couldn't? Arrow hasn't shown anything in FG so far, and despite being poor last season, Ofahengaue actually impressed before.

How do people figure Arrow could be a starter and Ofahengaue couldn't? Arrow hasn't shown anything in FG so far, and despite being poor last season, Ofahengaue actually impressed before.

I think it's mainly on reputation, Arrow at the start of last season was literally averaging 80 minutes, 200 metres and 45 tackles a game for Norths. And although there is a difference in physicality between ISC & NRL, he's a proven workhorse at the Lock position, Ofahengaue has always been a massive metre gainer in NYC & ISC, but don't recall him making anywhere near as many tackles per game.

how about we actually be smart and not move our best front rower without an adequate replacement.

Blair and McGuire are our only props capable of starting. which is a sad state of affairs of our front row stocks and makes losing Wallace even worse

if we are going to weaken one position to strengthen another, then we need to go out and find a seasoned prop from one of our ISC affiliates, rather than damage the development and confidence of our up and comers

Locks are used as middle forwards !! Why can't we move maguire there and give him some ball playing freedom?

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.