2017 Line-up

Locks are used as middle forwards !! Why can't we move maguire there and give him some ball playing freedom?

I would prefer to leave McGuire at prop and have someone who would
Only play 40 mins of the match to play at lock (probably Glenn) and for TPJ to interchange with him off the bench and play the other 40 in two 20 minute stints if his fitness is up to where he plans is to be this season.

TPJ isn't ready for a starting position like people have said, but he has to play lock in my opinion when he comes on the field. He is perfect for the position with size, speed, stepping and the best ball playing ability of any of our other forwards.

Leave McGuire at prop and let TPJ grow into the lock roll off the bench.

Locks are used as middle forwards !! Why can't we move maguire there and give him some ball playing freedom?

Then why can't we leave him where he is!

Move him and we are still a midfle forward down.

McGuire makes plenty of meters and plenty of tackles per game. Move him out of the prop rotation and we need someone to replicate his efforts (especially on the early tackles of the set). We don't currently have that player.

We do, however, have 2 workhorse like players that can do a job at lock for us.

Actually while we are talking about big Joe, is he still on the outer with Bennett? He was absolutely banished mid year this year.

Because then we will be a prop short... We are thin on quality prop stocks as it is, but we have plenty of backrower coverage, with numerous choices besides McGuire who we COULD start at lock.

McGuire is an origin quality prop, the only one we have actually. Moving him in the absence of another one being added to the squad is crazy.

Everyone is desperately hoping we sign Napa, for good reason... Only if that happens, could we realistically consider moving McGuire, IMHO.

Even if we did sign Napa, I still wouldn't move McGuire to lock.

I would move Blair or Gillett there.

Because then we will be a prop short... We are thin on quality prop stocks as it is, but we have plenty of backrower coverage, with numerous choices besides McGuire who we COULD start at lock.

McGuire is an origin quality prop, the only one we have actually. Moving him in the absence of another one being added to the squad is crazy.

Everyone is desperately hoping we sign Napa, for good reason... Only if that happens, could we realistically consider moving McGuire, IMHO.
Agree with your points.
Unfortunately Roosters seem desperate to hang on to Napa.
Not sure what we can do to obtain an early release.

Agree with your points.
Unfortunately Roosters seem desperate to hang on to Napa.
Not sure what we can do to obtain an early release.

Napa would have to request a release but I haven't heard any credible evidence that he is even in the least bit interested in moving up to the Broncos. He is interested in using them as a way to bump up his contract in Bondi. Napa in a Bronco jersey is an absolute pipedream and always has been.

I understand what you're saying , but moving McGuire to lock isn't going to weaken the side . He will still make metres like he does, but moving him will also give him some freedom. It's time to give Esse and big joe some responsibility !

I understand what you're saying , but moving McGuire to lock isn't going to weaken the side . He will still make metres like he does, but moving him will also give him some freedom. It's time to give Esse and big joe some responsibility !

Esse is yet to prove himself as a first grader. Will be a bench player for some time yet.

Time will tell but I have serious reservations over whether any of our 'young guns' are ready to start, including Arrow.

Personally I think starting Glenn at lock and bringing on TPJ in a Taumulolo type role with McGuire and Blair starting in the front row gives us our strongest possible side minus any future forwards signing.

As for the argument this leaves us with an inexperienced bench, I think Dodds will be there barring injury and isn't it a bit rich to argue that on the one hand these guys are ready to start in the team, but on the other don't leave us enough experience on the bench?

A bit like having your cake and eating it too...

Esse is yet to prove himself as a first grader. Will be a bench player for some time yet.

Time to step up ! They need to learn their trade now . We don't have the luxury of bringing them in slowly.

Time will tell but I have serious reservations over whether any of our 'young guns' are ready to start, including Arrow.

Personally I think starting Glenn at lock and bringing on TPJ in a Taumulolo type role with McGuire and Blair starting in the front row gives us our strongest possible side minus any future forwards signing.

As for the argument this leaves us with an inexperienced bench, I think Dodds will be there barring injury and isn't it a bit rich to argue that on the one hand these guys are ready to start in the team, but on the other don't leave us enough experience on the bench?

A bit like having your cake and eating it too...

That can also work for a stop gap . Although i don't see Glenn being here after next year

Gillett cannot be moved from the fringe imo. He's too important defensively covering a relatively weak side with Hunt and Roberts next to each other.
As much as he may have enough size for the front row or lock, Thaiday has demonstrated he is a second rower. He slotted in really well on the left edge, and has a great understanding with Milford. His presence will greatly benefit Anthony, as well as Kahu and Oates, or whomever is on that side.
I stand by my opinion that McGuire doesn't have the ball skills required of a modern lock, besides moving him weakens our front row, as would moving Blair.

Glenn showed he is quite capable in the ruck, and rotating him with TPJ is the way to go at lock imo. Arrow is a black horse in this race though, but he's probably still a bit too green to put Cozza's shoes on.

On the bench, besides TPJ, we need a prop rotation, so Dodds, Ofa, Arrow and Ese can fight it out. WB will probably go with his usual utility solution, which will be where Benji (better option than Kodi imo) comes in.

Francis Molo is another who could push for a spot and help our impact. But Bennett must of had a plan if he wanted Parker to retire.

Nah, Francis Molo won't get close to the team. He seems prone to controversy ... and isn't the brightest player.

I've heard his brother Michael Molo had some serious raps on him though, not sure if he's fizzed out or been passed by.

I would prefer to leave McGuire at prop and have someone who would
Only play 40 mins of the match to play at lock (probably Glenn) and for TPJ to interchange with him off the bench and play the other 40 in two 20 minute stints if his fitness is up to where he plans is to be this season.

TPJ isn't ready for a starting position like people have said, but he has to play lock in my opinion when he comes on the field. He is perfect for the position with size, speed, stepping and the best ball playing ability of any of our other forwards.

Leave McGuire at prop and let TPJ grow into the lock roll off the bench.

Sorry but I'm struggling to understand why you think there's actually a difference between who we play at lock or prop? They're the same position, just can give players different mind sets ( eg. Halfback/Five Eighth ) McGuire wants to play lock so lets keep him happy this season and let him play lock. It's an ego thing.

Francis Molo is another who could push for a spot and help our impact. But Bennett must of had a plan if he wanted Parker to retire.

Francis Molo struggled to last 10 minutes.

I hope the Broncos have a big fat line through his name and he never puts on a Broncos jersey again.

Overhyped, overrated, a dud.

I'm guessing a lot of people liked him because he is big. But being big isn't going to mean much if you don't have the stamina.

We have better options at our disposal.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.