2017 Line-up

I think it's actually better to have your weaker defender starting than on the bench, assuming the minutes played and players in the 17 are otherwise the same. Teams play conservatively in the opening 20 minutes and tackles are typically made in groups of 2 or 3 with middle-third players rarely isolated.

At some point this year we will be hit with an injury surely. If not that, origin players might be able to get more of a rest thanks to some very clever signings.

Who plays centre if kahu or roberts goes down (since Opachic is still out)

Who plays fullback during origin? Who then plays centre if that's kahu..

Who plays wing during origin..

Who plays in the halves if someone is suspended or injured?

Our backline is insanely covered now. Moga Mead Marshal. Great signings.

I think they will play Niko over benji on the bench to start the season. I feel like Benji is there so if Hunt ends up signing with para, unless he is absolutely killing it, Bennet will just throw him in reserve grade. If Hunt plays the way he did last year, and then signs with another club, I think it is extremely unlikely that Bennett would continue to play him, and having an experienced replacement in Benji would allow for that. There were definitely times last season where Hunt and even Milford, should have spent a week or two in reserve grade to get some confidence back, except we had no one suitable to replace them, especailly with injury to Kodi. This year we won't have that issue.

I think they will play Niko over benji on the bench to start the season. I feel like Benji is there so if Hunt ends up signing with para, unless he is absolutely killing it, Bennet will just throw him in reserve grade. If Hunt plays the way he did last year, and then signs with another club, I think it is extremely unlikely that Bennett would continue to play him, and having an experienced replacement in Benji would allow for that. There were definitely times last season where Hunt and even Milford, should have spent a week or two in reserve grade to get some confidence back, except we had no one suitable to replace them, especailly with injury to Kodi. This year we won't have that issue.
No no no no no

Years ago Bennett would 'chuck em back into the Clydesdales'.

I can appreciate peoples scepticism over Joe O's input within our pack for this season, but I personally think he'll prove a vital cog.

He already showed his first grade credentials in 2015 in a team 15 seconds off being premiers. It's a shame he didn't kick on this year as many of us expected him to, but interesting that some have implied this may have been a long term development plan.

He was the leading metre gainer in u20's ( I know this doesn't automatically translate to FG, but it's a monumental performance none the less). He's also hardly put a foot wrong in ISC and from what I recall consistently had stand out stats among men.

I think he and ese'ese both deserve the benefit of the doubt and I'm more comfortable entrusting them with a jersey than sign a fringe first grader or second tier competition journeyman.

It's easy to have doubt over your teams stocks sometimes, and a few rounds in I may be wrong. But I'm fairly confident in their ability to play their role in the team for 2017 if they are picked

In Thidays interview he said that Moga and Mead were training well, that could mean they are fighting for the right wing spot.

At some point this year we will be hit with an injury surely. If not that, origin players might be able to get more of a rest thanks to some very clever signings.

Who plays centre if kahu or roberts goes down (since Opachic is still out)

Who plays fullback during origin? Who then plays centre if that's kahu..

Who plays wing during origin..

Who plays in the halves if someone is suspended or injured?

Our backline is insanely covered now. Moga Mead Marshal. Great signings.

Tommy will be back around march. He is progressing well at the moment. We have Mead, Marshall, Nikorima for depth in the fullback, hooker and half positions. Totally agree, we have plenty of players in our backline now who shouldnt let us down.

I don't think Ofahengue will consistently give us the 120m+ per game either.
Can you see TPJ or Herman pumping out those numbers either? At this point of time I'd say Joe is the most likely to step up into the roll. We may not need him to make those metres every round with different forwards like Herman and Glenn stepping up in alternate rounds.

As oppose to starting Joe, we could start someone like Herman to absorb the initial onslaught and bring Joe on after 20 minutes or so and then rotate Herman on for the last 10-15 minutes. There is no doubt Joe is a workhorse and his best games was when he came off the bench for a 20-25 minute stint. One of the things I like about Joe is he is able to get himself into a position to make the defence make a one on one tackles with him and then being able to gain metres after contact.

Can you see TPJ or Herman pumping out those numbers either? At this point of time I'd say Joe is the most likely to step up into the roll. We may not need him to make those metres every round with different forwards like Herman and Glenn stepping up in alternate rounds.

As oppose to starting Joe, we could start someone like Herman to absorb the initial onslaught and bring Joe on after 20 minutes or so and then rotate Herman on for the last 10-15 minutes. There is no doubt Joe is a workhorse and his best games was when he came off the bench for a 20-25 minute stint. One of the things I like about Joe is he is able to get himself into a position to make the defence make a one on one tackles with him and then being able to gain metres after contact.
Does he? I'd like to see some footage.. what game was that?

I keep forgetting we signed moga. Any word on how he's going?

But he didn't have to say anything about them.

who knows what question the reporter asked him.

it could have been along the lines of "how are your new recruits training/going etc"

if he says nothing or no comment, then the article would have read that Mead and Moga are not putting in the effort.

FTR, I'm not saying either of them are travelling poorly, all i'm saying is don't take too much stock in what players or coaches say to the media ... most of it is PR/spin

NRL.coms predicted Broncos team
1. Darius Boyd, 2. Corey Oates, 3. James Roberts, 4. Jordan Kahu 5. David Mead, 6. Anthony Milford, 7. Ben Hunt, 8. Adam Blair, 9. Andrew McCullough, 10. Josh McGuire, 11. Matt Gillett, 12. Alex Glenn, 13. Jai Arrow. Interchange: 14. Kodi Nikorima, 15. Tevita Pangai Jr., 16. Joe Ofahengaue, 17. Sam Thaiday.
Sounds about right to me

1. Darius Boyd, 2. Corey Oates, 3. James Roberts, 4. Jordan Kahu 5. David Mead, 6. Anthony Milford, 7. Ben Hunt, 8. Adam Blair, 9. Andrew McCullough, 10. Josh McGuire, 11. Matt Gillett, 12. Alex Glenn, 13. Jai Arrow. Interchange: 14. Kodi Nikorima, 15. Tevita Pangai Jr., 16. Joe Ofahengaue, 17. Sam Thaiday.
Sounds about right to me

Interesting. So when might Benji get a run? That backline is going to be lethal. Thaiday would come on for Glenn yeah?

Sounds about right to me
That team does bring up an interesting point. Thaiday's fractured eye socket might mean he isn't fit enough and has to start the season on the bench. If Glenn replaces him in the second row then obviously he can't play lock. It will have to be Arrow or Maguire with Ese'ese or Joe starting in the front row.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Lurker
  • Mr Fourex
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • jd87
  • Galah
  • Battler
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.