2017 Line-up

One thing we badly missed in the game was a utility to freshen up the attack. Kodi or Benji would have been useful in this game

We have Sims and TPJ who can play back row. We would have strong rested forwards with every interchange.

They 'can' but not as well as Glenn and you'd only be harming their contribution to the side.

We'd also have a ton of inexperience with that rotation and have a difficult time using all 17 players. Most weeks we'd only require three of them...

No and now I get the feeling that we've got a Thaiday/Blair situation on our hands.

Ok
I couldn't recognise the two of them either. I know the difference between thaiday and blairy though

Wasn't that Offa with the offload?
It was Herman, as soon as he threw that it was game over for us.

We had just worked hard out of our half and got a penalty to swing momentum. I don't blame him, he was at least trying to create something but it didn't come off
Overall I thought Herman went pretty well.

Did you see joes stats he made over 100m , he didn't do as bad as everyone thinks

Doesn't mean a thing. We didn't start to get any momentum until TPJ and Fai came on.

The Broncos scored with Ofahengaue on the field and were close to scoring again before they came up with silly errors. If anything it coincided with Glenn coming onto replace Ese'ese...

Could we see molo in the 17 ?
Not a chance. Can't select him based on a couple of ISC games. He is miles down the pecking order and only a mass injury toll will enable him to ever wear a Bronco jersey again.

Based on the WCC and trials, I think this will be the forward pack and bench.

8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. Offa
16. TPJ
17. Benji

I just have a feeling Benji will be our utility. He would offer more than Kodi.

I don't think Fai will get a crack until Origin and while Ese'ese came up with good hard hits in defence, that offload will cost him IMO.
Benji has already been told that he will be at Redcliffe for Round 1. I suspect WB will go with four forwards again.

Anyone watch the Wynnum manly trial? How did Kodi go?

Benji has already been told that he will be at Redcliffe for Round 1. I suspect WB will go with four forwards again.

When was he told that?

I've never seen anything that says Marshall will be playing at Redcliffe for Round 1, only that it's been confirmed he has been assigned that team.

Doesn't mean a thing. We didn't start to get any momentum until TPJ and Fai came on.

Yeah because we actually started to see more ball ! His second stint was good, that first 20 was all them. I think most props would've struggled.

No and now I get the feeling that we've got a Thaiday/Blair situation on our hands.

The commentators had them mixed up several times. I remember noticing it a bit. Perchance could have been at this particular time?

Herman and Joe don't even look remotely similar but the call team don't know either from a bar of soap I suppose.

I really think Fai needs to be in the round 1 team.

I'd suggest these are the set in stone players with the likely players in the other spots:

8. (Sims)
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. (Thaiday)
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. (Benji / KNik)
15. TPJ
16. (Glenn)

I only have Glenn and Thaiday in brackets as they will be in the team but may swap spots. That leaves two bench positions as you would think Sims will be in the side somewhere. As a result, the contenders in my opinion are (unless I've forgotten someone):

Joffa / Fai / Ese'ese / Arrow / Su'a / Molo

In my opinion, Arrow should be starting lock but he isn't. That said, I'd have him in the side on the bench as that workhorse type player who can come in and control the middle with his defense.

I have always rated Joffa and while he has been solid, he just hasn't shown enough urgency in my opinion to warrant a spot in the 17.

Su'a will be a starter next season but these season will probably slowly bought in at the back end of the year after getting his fitness up in Qld Cup.

Molo is just back up until he can show what he can do consistently and cut the brain fades out of his game.

Ese'ese keeps getting talked up but I just don't see what is so loved about him. Maybe he will come good but he has always seemd quite underwhelming to me.

I'd imagine the final bench spot comes down to Joffa / Arrow and as mentioned, I'd pick Arrow.

That leaves Fai. He just HAS to be in the team. He is ready and is a future star, he just has something special about him. He is in my first round side easily.

I really think Fai needs to be in the round 1 team.

I'd suggest these are the set in stone players with the likely players in the other spots:

8. (Sims)
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. (Thaiday)
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. (Benji / KNik)
15. TPJ
16. (Glenn)

I only have Glenn and Thaiday in brackets as they will be in the team but may swap spots. That leaves two bench positions as you would think Sims will be in the side somewhere. As a result, the contenders in my opinion are (unless I've forgotten someone):

Joffa / Fai / Ese'ese / Arrow / Su'a / Molo

In my opinion, Arrow should be starting lock but he isn't. That said, I'd have him in the side on the bench as that workhorse type player who can come in and control the middle with his defense.

I have always rated Joffa and while he has been solid, he just hasn't shown enough urgency in my opinion to warrant a spot in the 17.

Su'a will be a starter next season but these season will probably slowly bought in at the back end of the year after getting his fitness up in Qld Cup.

Molo is just back up until he can show what he can do consistently and cut the brain fades out of his game.

Ese'ese keeps getting talked up but I just don't see what is so loved about him. Maybe he will come good but he has always seemd quite underwhelming to me.

I'd imagine the final bench spot comes down to Joffa / Arrow and as mentioned, I'd pick Arrow.

That leaves Fai. He just HAS to be in the team. He is ready and is a future star, he just has something special about him. He is in my first round side easily.

Agree.

Think Fai should definitely be on the bench for round 1.

When was he told that?

I've never seen anything that says Marshall will be playing at Redcliffe for Round 1, only that it's been confirmed he has been assigned that team.
I think I seen it on Ch. 9 last week, might of been one of those Dobbo reports. Benji is not even sure if he will be fit in time for Rd. 1.

Active Now

• broncotville
  • Morkel
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • Fitzy
  • Locky24
  • barker
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TimWhatley
  • BooKhaki
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Spoon
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.