2017 Line-up

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I'd like a zero tolerance to women abusers in the game. Let your Lodge's and your Auvaa's pay the ultimate price. If CONVICTED then stamped never to play again. That should send a message to the up and comers. If you see players coming back then why would you need to change your behaviour. 2 women are killed every week in Australia by DV. Could you imagine the outrage if 2 people were killed by terrorists every week. Let's have a 0 tolerance hey.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I don't think it's going to be relevant for a long while, watching the Redcliffe trial. He's gassed after 20 minutes. Both games have got 40 minutes out of him.

He needs a lot of football.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The physical presence in the opening 20 of that trial was deafening. They were easily outmuscled by Sims and Co. Joe might have a future this year on the bench but he didn't impress anyone with starting on Sunday morning. Blairs and Korbin Sims simply must start to lay a platform

It's difficult to go set for set with the opposition when the backs and the halves constantly put you on the back-foot.

Once the possession began to even itself out, Joe was able to assert himself and honestly was one of the Broncos better performers. If he had the luxury of starting from the bench like Pangai Jr, Fai and Glenn were able to, I'd say everybody would be singing a different tune.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
It's difficult to go set for set with the opposition when the backs and the halves constantly put you on the back-foot.

Once the possession began to even itself out, Joe was able to assert himself and honestly was one of the Broncos better performers. If he had the luxury of starting from the bench like Pangai Jr, Fai and Glenn were able to, I'd say everybody would be singing a different tune.

He battled away but from what I saw, is still not ready to start. The bench would be the best for him at the moment.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He battled away but from what I saw, is still not ready to start. The bench would be the best for him at the moment.

Sure, but the same could be said about every front row forward that isn't Adam Blair.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Are people seriously trying to say Blair is a great ball carrier?
He is undoubtedly very important to us, but his strengths lie in his defense, niggle and harassment of the opposition's halves, especially their kicker.
Blair scares me when he has the ball especially when he carries it in one hand. He is much more effective when he puts his head down and grinds out yardage. But for some reason, he thinks he's a ball player, maybe he has been reading this forum.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I wonder if Bennett has thought of having 4 big boppers on the bench.

8.Offa
9.Macca
10.Blair
11.Thiday
12.Gillett
13.Mcguire
14.Sims
15.TPJ
16.Fai
17Eseese

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I don't care if our team is stacked with ex-cons, so long as we win premierships and the media/ NRL continue to not give a shit about teams signing the aforementioned at dirt cheap prices.

EDIT: just to clarify: the NRL needs to do more to discourage clubs from benefiting off of scum, but they aren't.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

8.Offa
9.Macca
10.Blair
11.Thiday
12.Gillett
13.Mcguire
14.Sims
15.TPJ
16.Fai
17Eseese

Who is going to give Thaiday a rest?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Based on the WCC and trials, I think this will be the forward pack and bench.

8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. Offa
16. TPJ
17. Benji

I just have a feeling Benji will be our utility. He would offer more than Kodi.

I don't think Fai will get a crack until Origin and while Ese'ese came up with good hard hits in defence, that offload will cost him IMO.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016

8.Offa
9.Macca
10.Blair
11.Thiday
12.Gillett
13.Mcguire
14.Sims
15.TPJ
16.Fai
17Eseese
What Alex Glenn did wrong? He was one of Best player on the ground against Warrington Wolves. I still think Sam Thaiday should came from bench in round one.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I secretly would love to see benji win a premiership this year :)

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
We have Sims and TPJ who can play back row. We would have strong rested forwards with every interchange.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
As for Molo I'm still a fan he is a bloody big unit who can really add impact. If Molo can hold the form he showed in the trials and be consistent he can get a run at origin time at least.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Based on the WCC and trials, I think this will be the forward pack and bench.

8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. Offa
16. TPJ
17. Benji

I just have a feeling Benji will be our utility. He would offer more than Kodi.

I don't think Fai will get a crack until Origin and while Ese'ese came up with good hard hits in defence, that offload will cost him IMO.

Wasn't that Offa with the offload?

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.