2017 Line-up

A lot of people saying fai is a must and he has to be in the team. Just curious what your reasons are? Not disagreeing (or agreeing for there matter) just curious as to why he gets a spot. To me he didn't play any better or worse then the other forwards?

Lol im comitted to wanting change... ive seen enough and dont see it getting sny better..dont want to waste a season with someone who is leaving..

My own opinion.

Fair enough mate . I don't think it will this year but he may get a crack next year. Who knows!

Offa has had a good pre-season and he didn't disappoint against Wolves.

I can't see Fai getting a bench spot over him.

I can't see fai and tpj both getting a beach spot given neither of them seem to be able to play anymore then a 10-15 minute stint at most on the field. Sure thing put one on he bench for impact but you can't have them both. Offa may not seem to make as big of an impact but he plays big minutes and he also started the wcc so his role was a bit more tough then the other two who came on against tiring players and when the energy wasn't as high as the first 20 mins.

Watching the replay of the WCC, Kahu really needs to hit the gym or do something to get some upper body strength back.

Those injuries have made him a bit weaker, and as a result he really struggled to contain Evans.

Each time Evans would either brush him off or drag him. If Kahu didn't have help, his missed tackle stat would have been higher.

I fear what will happen if one of the NRL players gets one-on-one with Kahu.

I can't see fai and tpj both getting a beach spot given neither of them seem to be able to play anymore then a 10-15 minute stint at most on the field. Sure thing put one on he bench for impact but you can't have them both. Offa may not seem to make as big of an impact but he plays big minutes and he also started the wcc so his role was a bit more tough then the other two who came on against tiring players and when the energy wasn't as high as the first 20 mins.

That isn't necessarily true these days. All of the main sides last year had big impact players on the bench. Guys who could come on for bursts and bust through tired forwards. Then the starting props would come back on for the second wave around the big minute second rowers.

McGuire, Blair, Gillett, Thaiday and Glenn can all play big minutes, so can Sims actually. I think two impact forwards along with Glenn is exactly what we need. Our current game plan is almost there but this slight change might be all we need.

I could also be completely wrong.

Watching the replay of the WCC, Kahu really needs to hit the gym or do something to get some upper body strength back.

Those injuries have made him a bit weaker, and as a result he really struggled to contain Evans.

Each time Evans would either brush him off or drag him. If Kahu didn't have help, his missed tackle stat would have been higher.

I fear what will happen if one of the NRL players gets one-on-one with Kahu.

I have said it before. I have genuine concerns for his defence as a centre. I think he may start the year there, but won't finish it in that spot. That's my prediction.

I have said it before. I have genuine concerns for his defence as a centre. I think he may start the year there, but won't finish it in that spot. That's my prediction.

So you reckon Opacic will take that centre spot? Or do reckon someone like Issako or Shibasaki could push for the spot if they improve defensively?

Kahu has big concerns defensively and Opacic has big concerns offensively. I'm not sold on either of them being a long-term fixture at centre for us.

Kahu has all the skill required to be a great centre, but he's always seemed extremely frail, constantly getting injured and absolutely beasted on hit-ups, in defence and attack.

Opacic has potential to be a very good centre defensively, but has major issues when it comes to speed and quickness off the mark, he was slower than Jack Reed last I saw him, which is a MAJOR concern at his age.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.