2017 Under 20's

Would I be wrong in thinking that he'll be the type of player that will alternate between centre/backrow through out the rest of his career? Ala Beau Scott & Darren Smith?

I haven't seen a lot of him, but I just get that impression what I've heard of the guy.

he goes good bp, your summary in beau scott/darren smith type player is probably dead on the mark.
i rate him highly

I am really enjoying this year's Under 20's. I have seen every game. There is something about them. They're developing a real stoic type of football.

They have enterprising plays which very unlike most 20's teams aren't too flash but effective. No superstars that are being talked about being NRL bound or have to play now.

Carrigan is a strong leader who is very mature. He's doing a lot of things that Under 20's won't do and I like that.
They have a very well coached key position players and they're doing a good job.

Tronc is a very simple coach; he is old school and that's reflected in these guys.

Great to watch. I'd say Hodges will be keen to have some involved this year because they have that selfless football about them that you need.

I am really enjoying this year's Under 20's. I have seen every game. There is something about them. They're developing a real stoic type of football.

They have enterprising plays which very unlike most 20's teams aren't too flash but effective. No superstars that are being talked about being NRL bound or have to play now.

Carrigan is a strong leader who is very mature. He's doing a lot of things that Under 20's won't do and I like that.
They have a very well coached key position players and they're doing a good job.

Tronc is a very simple coach; he is old school and that's reflected in these guys.

Great to watch.

I second this

Great to watch. I'd say Hodges will be keen to have some involved this year because they have that selfless football about them that you need.
I said something similar a while ago. They are playing like an NRL team and I can see a lot of them fitting right in to a club (Hopefully ours) when they're needed.

I said something similar a while ago. They are playing like an NRL team and I can see a lot of them fitting right in to a club (Hopefully ours) when they're needed.

I don't think you'll see too many 44-42 scores by this team. I think they will be really steely in what they're doing. Tronc's Easts teams always were.

I agree 1910, this team is light years ahead of last year's team. Their terrible ball handling cost them dearly in the first couple of rounds and left them a bit hesitant and lacking in confidence. When I saw them play against the Storm at Maroochydore I felt they had the Storm's measure and would go on and win the game IF they could stop dropping the ball. It never happened, they got beaten and I left the game feeling deflated and frustrated for the boys.

They worked hard, came out next game, fixed a few things and away they went. They've been unbeaten since then, the confidence has grown and they are playing some good football.

Jeez I hope the Broncos can wrap up Payne Haas in the long term. I don't want to get too excited about him as he's only 17 but if he stays on track he is going to be chased by every team in the NRL and there will be massive amounts of money thrown at him. I think the Broncos have him wrapped up til 2019 but this is really only a development period for him and they won't start to reap the rewards of his talents until 2020 onwards when he'll be 19 or 20 years of age.

I agree 1910, this team is light years ahead of last year's team. Their terrible ball handling cost them dearly in the first couple of rounds and left them a bit hesitant and lacking in confidence. When I saw them play against the Storm at Maroochydore I felt they had the Storm's measure and would go on and win the game IF they could stop dropping the ball. It never happened, they got beaten and I left the game feeling deflated and frustrated for the boys.

They worked hard, came out next game, fixed a few things and away they went. They've been unbeaten since then, the confidence has grown and they are playing some good football.

Jeez I hope the Broncos can wrap up Payne Haas in the long term. I don't want to get too excited about him as he's only 17 but if he stays on track he is going to be chased by every team in the NRL and there will be massive amounts of money thrown at him. I think the Broncos have him wrapped up til 2019 but this is really only a development period for him and they won't start to reap the rewards of his talents until 2020 onwards when he'll be 19 or 20 years of age.

The changing of halves and hooker constantly didn't help last year. They had a lot of injuries.

1910, do you know if Keegan Hipgrave is in the Broncos long term plans? I know a lot of people rave about him but I'm not really a fan. He has a lot of aggression and does everything at full throttle but I don't see much finesse. He isn't terribly big for a forward and I just wonder where he would fit into the NRL squad when the Broncos have been in desperate need of bigger forwards. I just can't see that Hipgrave is a better option than some of the other young forwards we have (assuming they stay at Red Hill).

1910, do you know if Keegan Hipgrave is in the Broncos long term plans? I know a lot of people rave about him but I'm not really a fan. He has a lot of aggression and does everything at full throttle but I don't see much finesse. He isn't terribly big for a forward and I just wonder where he would fit into the NRL squad when the Broncos have been in desperate need of bigger forwards. I just can't see that Hipgrave is a better option than some of the other young forwards we have (assuming they stay at Red Hill).

I'm not 1910 hahah but I know he's always training with the nrl side along with Gehamat Shibasaki. I reckon we've got them for next year. I reckon Corey Allan is another too

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.