2017 Under 20's

Are any of the recruiters, etc still residual remains of the Cullen years? It would explain a lot, probably everything really, if the are?
You were talking about 20's earlier now you are taking NRL. Every NRL team has a descent change over of players every 3 years. Your recruitment can't rely on just junior players, nor recruiting from other clubs alone. It needs to be a combination of both. Your arguement incorporates 17 years of recruiting. Don't forget that the storm rorted the cap for years to be able to recruit and retain their players during that era. The current Storm, Broncos and Storm NRL squads are in essence top 4 sides so they have all recruited extremely well at that level.
Munster was offered a contract by the Broncos but opted to go to the Storm - it happens. He was a late developer who had a break out year in 2013. It's a free and open market that is governed by the salary cap in the NYC and NRL so all offers aren't equal depending on the clubs cap position at that time. Roberts and Bird were 2 quality players wanting to go to the Broncos to be under Wayne and he opted to take them. They are both established NRL players who can do the job now and don't need time to be able to perform at that level. As mentioned you need to have a good junior program and also look at all other levels to fill your squad. That's makes for a complete recruitment program.
The NYC is a comp that the good clubs use to produce, develop and make decisions on NRL recruits. The Broncos have more NRL prospects in their NYC team than the others do. They all operate off the same cap!
Storm are just lately poaching. Eg. Tino, Curtis Scott from Sharks and the young fullback from Tigers etc

Storm are just lately poaching. Eg. Tino, Curtis Scott from Sharks and the young fullback from Tigers etc

The Storm always seem to sign the best juniors, while we seem to most of the time settle for less.

Are any of the recruiters, etc still residual remains of the Cullen years? It would explain a lot, probably everything really, if the are?

Without diving to deep, yes, sort of....
A lot of staff on long term contracts from before Wayne's return. With those contracts ending soon, changes will come.
In my opinion, there is going to be a very large broom swept through the club.

Storm's recruitment of juniors has always amazed me. I think I've said a number of times that I want their scouts at the Broncs.

I want their scouts at the Broncs.

Does anyone rate Kotoni Staggs?

He has ball playing skills but I never saw him play in the halves in the juniors. He was always a fullback or a ball playing lock. But then again, he was the best kid in his age division by a county mile so he played wherever the coach needed him.

Storm's recruitment of juniors has always amazed me. I think I've said a number of times that I want their scouts at the Broncs.

I want their scouts at the Broncs.

The Storms scouting will dry up once Smith & Slater leave the club. The lure of playing with them would be quite attracting to a lot of players.

A lot of staff on long term contracts from before Wayne's return. With those contracts ending soon, changes will come.
Not even close to being true.

Dive into it Smokin Joe. We would like to hear your thoughts.

Dive into it Smokin Joe. We would like to hear your thoughts.

Do we? Can you speak for everyone on here saying " We " would like to hear his thoughts and not just you? Or are you Gollum?

Tino's was lost on a huge deal by the Storm. They have lost their back rowers recently and are in desperate need to fill the void. Broncos have good stocks of back rowers so couldnt match the big money deal.
Croft opted not to go to the Broncos as he would of had Hunt, Milford and Ash Talyor ahead of him. Ash Taylor is a Broncos developed player who is the best young half in the NRL by a country mile.

Both Croft and Tino (who by the way not a single person had ever heard of before two weeks ago, now everyone knows the terms of his deal and seen him play every game) were at Storm clubs. Croft played MM for Easts and Tino is playing MM at the Falcons.

You were talking about 20's earlier now you are taking NRL. Every NRL team has a descent change over of players every 3 years. Your recruitment can't rely on just junior players, nor recruiting from other clubs alone. It needs to be a combination of both. Your arguement incorporates 17 years of recruiting. Don't forget that the storm rorted the cap for years to be able to recruit and retain their players during that era. The current Storm, Broncos and Storm NRL squads are in essence top 4 sides so they have all recruited extremely well at that level.
Munster was offered a contract by the Broncos but opted to go to the Storm - it happens. He was a late developer who had a break out year in 2013. It's a free and open market that is governed by the salary cap in the NYC and NRL so all offers aren't equal depending on the clubs cap position at that time. Roberts and Bird were 2 quality players wanting to go to the Broncos to be under Wayne and he opted to take them. They are both established NRL players who can do the job now and don't need time to be able to perform at that level. As mentioned you need to have a good junior program and also look at all other levels to fill your squad. That's makes for a complete recruitment program.
The NYC is a comp that the good clubs use to produce, develop and make decisions on NRL recruits. The Broncos have more NRL prospects in their NYC team than the others do. They all operate off the same cap!

Munster was only shown interest by Brisbane after the Storm. Not at the same time.

Bennett has always had his own staff and 'employed' them himself. As long as Springer is still making burgers I am happy.

Both Croft and Tino (who by the way not a single person had ever heard of before two weeks ago, now everyone knows the terms of his deal and seen him play every game) were at Storm clubs. Croft played MM for Easts and Tino is playing MM at the Falcons.

tino has been on everyones radar since the 16' origin game last year. in regards to his offer, who knows what the actual figures really are. badel has never been one to let the truth or real facts get in the way of a story.

yes he is at the falcons, but he was still part of our system.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Griffo
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • dirtyharry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Kev_Guz
  • Justwin
  • Adammacca
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spoon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mrtij
  • Allo
  • Behold
  • Dony Eliakim
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.