2017 Under 20's

How does a Kiwi kid going to a Qld school end up in the NSW junior side?

What big fuss bout Payne Haas and not even playing yet.

A couple of things...

If the club didn't see anything in Haas, he wouldn't have been given the opportunity to train with the senior squad.

The trial game is intended to give fringe players an opportunity. If Payne is being fast-tracked then he has no business playing in this trial game.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Haas is brought through the grades and works his way up from Mal Meninga Cup. That's what the Cowboys did with Kalyn Ponga, so it's hardly a conservative approach and given Haas' position will benefit him in the long term.

broncos lead 14 to 6 half time.
no blacker.

if the jumpers are correct then this young kid - flegler has caught my eye. big strapping kid with good leg speed. i dont know bugger all about him but he looks a prospect.

broncos lead 14 to 6 half time.
no blacker.

if the jumpers are correct then this young kid - flegler has caught my eye. big strapping kid with good leg speed. i dont know bugger all about him but he looks a prospect.

Any outside backs standing out?

not really, the 4 is a big solid unit thats about it
kuresa has looked ok but not many opportunities.

devils 20 - broncos 20

clayton mack is the pick of the lot.

Thanks for the headup Austy ! I seen a few high lights of this lad on youtube, look the goods. Would you happen to know any more about him, best position, chance of playing first grade this year etc ?
Wouldn't have a clue sorry

Fullback/halves
Very versatile. He has a good kicking game. Hes very much a playmaker. He was best in the group 11 final from lock, scoring 2 trys and setting up 2. Hes also the converter. Hes certainly looks a package.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Manlyman
  • Jazza
  • Alec
  • Volvo Driver
  • Painin the Haas
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.