2017 World Club Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I am posting in the right place

Just in case you want to listen in --
Warrington has a community (non commercial) radio station www.radiowarrington.co.uk and we will be giving full commentary of the Warrington v Brisbane game.

For those who dont know Warrington is an industrial town and a founder member of rugby league and has always been in the top level. However even as Warrington fans we recognise that they are perennial under achievers and have a habit of losing when they should win. Last year they were runners up in two of the three comps here and won the other but this year in the first round were dire......so anything could happen

Warrington has a history of decent aussies (and some dire ones too) - Bobbie Fulton was born here and played here and in more recent years Alfie Langer and Ashton Sims

I should mention it's also about 6C here and rainy....so not the most pleasant conditions coming from Aus

If it helps and you can decipher our accents - www.radiowarrington.co.uk finds us - but look for us on the tunein app. Kick off is 8pm UK time and I think you are 10 hours ahead. (2 pm here as I post - midnight there)

Thanks
Matthew and Gary

Hey buddy, no hard feelings but the might broncs are gonna smash you guys. You will do well to stick within 30 of us

Hey buddy, no hard feelings but the might broncs are gonna smash you guys. You will do well to stick within 30 of us

Don't make us sound like rabbitohs fans...

Don't make us sound like rabbitohs fans...

No gloating but just stating the fact. I expect to win comfortably. The super league is utterly and completely second rank to us now and in a big way.

No gloating but just stating the fact. I expect to win comfortably. The super league is utterly and completely second rank to us now and in a big way.
Now??? Check out some of the scorelines from the SL season. The ESL has always been a level below the NRL. A bit like NFL/CFL.

I wouldn't get too cocky, sure there have been more then their fair share of one-sided matches but the Broncos have also been troubled by teams over there despite fielding far better lineups then our present side. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one.

Down loaded radio app onto my phone. Typed in Radio Warrington got the station straight away. Very clear.

I wouldn't get too ****y, sure there have been more then their fair share of one-sided matches but the Broncos have also been troubled by teams over there despite fielding far better lineups then our present side. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one.
Nope, won't happen. I am not arrogant enough to predict 30+ considering it is their first hit out in 5 months and dealing with slippery conditions but this is a star studded side vs a bunch of no names and has beens.

Anything less than a winning margin of 10-20 points would be extremely disappointing.

Now??? Check out some of the scorelines from the SL season. The ESL has always been a level below the NRL. A bit like NFL/CFL.

When they had money to compete they use to put up a fairly decent challenge in these games. These days, its well and truly gone

I've just got a bit of a feeling (and really hoping) that TPJ will terrorise a few English would be defenders. This boy could become our Taumalolo.

Brisbane Broncos

1. Darius Boyd (c)
2. Corey Oates
3. Jordan Kahu
4. James Roberts
5. David Mead
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Herman Ese'ese
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

Interchange

14. Alex Glenn
15. Tevita Pangai Jnr
16. Jai Arrow
18. George Fai

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Brisbane Broncos

1. Darius Boyd (c)
2. Corey Oates
3. Jordan Kahu
4. James Roberts
5. David Mead
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Herman Ese'ese
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

Interchange

14. Alex Glenn
15. Tevita Pangai Jnr
16. Jai Arrow
18. George Fai

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Throw in blair and sims , and that will be our rd 1 team i think. Cant wait to see how offa and Ese'ese start .

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the boys run around in a proper hit out.

Should be good to see the shoot out amongst the forwards, see who really wants it. Particularly interested to see more of Fai as i only really saw him vs Cronulla in the trial.

Interesting to see Thaiday starting over Glenn. Will be keeping an eye on how we handle rotations.

The season is just around the corner! Giddy up!

Drop Arrow and Fai out and bring Sims and Blair in that's our round 1 team

Having an internal crisis whether to wake up at 5:30 to watch this live. Is the Rugby League passion strong enough? Tough choice XD

Having an internal crisis whether to wake up at 5:30 to watch this live. Is the Rugby League passion strong enough? Tough choice XD
I will be up. I can't wait. My only choice will be whether to put Irish Whiskey in my coffee.

Who am I kidding. The whiskey will be in there.

Fox is replaying the game at 9.00am and I am the furtherest thing from a morning person, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.