2017 World Club Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** mate ... the Knights were happy to get him off their books, that's saying something.

I'm not saying he won't do well here, but let's be realistic, we didn't sign a Matt Scott type of player. Players at Korbin Sims level never get GUARANTEED a spot in the side, that would be foolish to say the least, and if there is one thing that Wayne Bennett isn't ... It's a fool

Same reason we were all happy (more or less) to get Barba off ours. That overs weight around their respective necks...

But people are getting a bit carried away here I think, comparing seasoned regular first graders to blokes, some of whom have barely played a full game of NRL with their total minutes combined...

Then by that definition Benji Marshall should be a shoe in for a spot somewhere in the 17... but he will likely be fighting it out for a bench spot
Benji isn't being compared for positions against blokes that have played 4 games...

He is up against blokes that have played around 100 games or even more.

Just a slight difference there I think most would assume...

In the trial Sims impressed me quite a bit. The fact that his defence got harder towards the end when he should of been gased. I would be happy having him in the 17. He looks bigger then when i last got a look at him also.

Knights wanted Sims off their books so they could free up money for Scott etc

Knights wanted Sims off their books so they could free up money for Scott etc

That makes no sense, since Korbin (IIRC) was only contracted until the end of this year, and the Knights had zero chance of getting Scott before next season

Sims didn't want to be at the knights anymore and the knights didn't want to stump up the money they were paying him in the first place. We got him on a cut price deal and the knights cleared up some salary cap space for next year. It was a win win for everyone.

Do you think joe o is going to be in there too mate ?

unsure mate, tpj and ese'ese are infront of him but still a few weeks to get through yet.
the other thing with sims and mcguire is both will play big minutes so it may afford more impact off the bench ( which is tpj and herman)

Fai is the perfect impact prop.

Fai is the perfect impact prop.

I don't agree with that; last year for Souths he took a while to get into games. Starting from the bench could be opposite to what you want from him.

Also think Fai is a great hole runner, he was great last year with Scarlett and Dennis. Broncos' halves don't really play that ball playing role.

I don't agree with that; last year for Souths he took a while to get into games. Starting from the bench could be opposite to what you want from him.

Also think Fai is a great hole runner, he was great last year with Scarlett and Dennis. Broncos' halves don't really play that ball playing role.

Could be for sure but you never know with young guys, just give him a chance, he's quality.

This game is perfect to see what these young forwards have to offer with respects to the team. Like last year with Edens strong performance on the wing, a very strong game could pinch someone a bench spot for rnd 1

unsure mate, tpj and ese'ese are infront of him but still a few weeks to get through yet.
the other thing with sims and mcguire is both will play big minutes so it may afford more impact off the bench ( which is tpj and herman)

Ok , is going to be interesting to see which way Wayne goes .

So will Mead be flying over separately?

Do we get a 1-17 team list Tuesday tomorrow or do we have to wait until before kick off for 1-17 positions?

I think bench player gone be Jai Arrow, Tevita Pangai Jnr, Sam Thaiday, George Fai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • The True King
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ostin86
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.