2017 World Club Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all good, with my team I wanted to give the players that can really push to get a spot in the 17 to start the match.

I do believe Benji will be in
17 to start the season.

Also go to our team list page to see my latest 17 prediction.

Squad looks good.

Wonder if this means Sims is locked in for a spot in the 17 and WCC is a shoot out for the remaining forwards?

Sims didn't come here on a cut salary to play ISC I say Bennett would of promised him a spot in the 17 or even run on.

Sims didn't come here on a cut salary to play ISC I say Bennett would of promised him a spot in the 17 or even run on.

Firstly, despite what the media are saying, he isn't taking a pay cut (for at least this year) the Knights would be paying a portion of his salary.

Secondly, Bennett doesn't guarantee anybody a spot in the 17, especially a fringe player

As I said, Sims is the default option. Right now he's penciled into the Round 1 side, but if all three forwards put in impressive performances against Warrington then Sims' position in the side will be under jeopardy. Since he's only just arrived, he's down the pecking order and needs to prove himself at the club before Bennett considers him more than just a stop-gap.

How can u call sims a fringe player?

How can u call sims a fringe player?
What would you call him then? He is hardly an established superstar. Just like his fellow recruit (Mead), he is not guaranteed a first grade spot and when he is in the squad, he will have to work damn hard to stay there because there are many breathing down his back.

What would you call him then? He is hardly an established superstar. Just like his fellow recruit (Mead), he is not guaranteed a first grade spot and when he is in the squad, he will have to work damn hard to stay there because there are many breathing down his back.

Mead is 28 and has nigh on 150 NRL games under his belt, 2 City-Country games and 9 tests.

Sims is 24 and has played 76 NRL games and 6 tests.

If that is your definition of 'fringe' players, I'd hate to see your definition of blokes who are still in single figures (for the most part) with their total numbers of NRL games... (FYI - Molo, Sua, Ese'Ese are all in single figures of TOTAL games in the NRL while TPJ has a whopping 14 games and Offa has 30...)

I like our youngsters, all of them. But let's not pretend for even a second they are even close to being seasoned first graders... You can add the entire NRL experience of Offa (30), TPJ (14), Molo (6), Sua (4) and Ese'Ese (9) and combined, they don't equal the NRL experience that Sims at the ripe old age of 24 does...

Mead is 28 and has nigh on 150 NRL games under his belt, 2 City-Country games and 9 tests.

Sims is 24 and has played 76 NRL games and 6 tests.

If that is your definition of 'fringe' players, I'd hate to see your definition of blokes who are still in single figures (for the most part) with their total numbers of NRL games... (FYI - Molo, Sua, Ese'Ese are all in single figures of TOTAL games in the NRL while TPJ has a whopping 14 games and Offa has 30...)

I like our youngsters, all of them. But let's not pretend for even a second they are even close to being seasoned first graders... You can add the entire NRL experience of Offa (30), TPJ (14), Molo (6), Sua (4) and Ese'Ese (9) and combined, they don't equal the NRL experience that Sims at the ripe old age of 24 does...

Then by that definition Benji Marshall should be a shoe in for a spot somewhere in the 17... but he will likely be fighting it out for a bench spot

Benji was not wanted by any club and just got thrown a minimum wage salary to get him here. Sims on the other hand is entering his prime and would of had plenty offers from other clubs.

Benji was not wanted by any club and just got thrown a minimum wage salary to get him here. Sims on the other hand is entering his prime and would of had plenty offers from other clubs.

**** mate ... the Knights were happy to get him off their books, that's saying something.

I'm not saying he won't do well here, but let's be realistic, we didn't sign a Matt Scott type of player. Players at Korbin Sims level never get GUARANTEED a spot in the side, that would be foolish to say the least, and if there is one thing that Wayne Bennett isn't ... It's a fool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.