2018 FIFA World Cup

Saw a post last night from an England fan before their last game:

"Haven't been this nervous about a semi since I watched Brokeback Mountain".

Now that France are through to the final, I think they will win it. I thought Belgium were the best chance of stopping them.
Belgium were poor, but France I think did very well to negate them. It is France's to lose at this point, but in a one off game anything is possible. Considering I've said there's no way England will win it, they probably will.

Last edited:
Lol. England ahead after 7mins. Quality free kick... its gonna happen isn't it...

It's not coming home.

Hang your head in shame Kane, absolutely dreadful performance in the biggest match of your career... and as captain.

I'm torn who I want to win. Would be nice to see new blood and there's a lot of Croatian influence in Australian football.

Think France will walk it tho, Croatia have played 6 hours of football the last 3 games.

Last edited:
Think France will walk it tho, Croatia have played 6 hours of football the last 3 games.

This ^^

It has surely got to affect Croatia now. They must be bloody exhausted.

I agree that France will walk the final and I think Belgium will walk into 3rd place as well.

This is a weird World Cup. No way France is the best team in the world at the moment, but they may well take the trophy!

I hope Croatia has another 2 hours of high level footy in the tank.

France have got this unfortunately.

I just can't see a Croatia win. They just don't have the squad to beat France and the amount of football they have played will have some impact on them.

It's a shame really because France haven't been the best team.

This is a weird World Cup. No way France is the best team in the world at the moment, but they may well take the trophy!

I hope Croatia has another 2 hours of high level footy in the tank.

Poor Croatia have nearly played another entire game through extra time now.

No team has been great, so France is as good (or bad) as anyone else. Not really fair to say they aren't the best side if they win it. No team is great at present, they are sort of the best of the average world bunch.

The worst thing about France beating Belgium to make the final?

The goal scorer was Umtiti. The guy is a flog. Dive after dive after dive in all of the games, arguably up there with Neymar.

The worst thing about France beating Belgium to make the final?

The goal scorer was Umtiti. The guy is a flog. Dive after dive after dive in all of the games, arguably up there with Neymar.

Are you thinking of the right guy? He hasn't been that bad at all. Lucas Hernandez and Kylian Mbappe have been way worse.

With that said, in club football, he's pretty bad.

First French goal was such bullshit. Dive to get a free kick followed by a player being missed when offside during the free kick.

Croatia's equalizer was all class.

The Croatian getting a handball was dumb as shit. Seems really harsh though, surely it's accidental?

Last edited:

Active Now

• bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.