2018 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Super Freak, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

I hope he signs - just so I can sign him in FIFA.

2. If it were that simple, everyone would do it.

He's 31 and hasn't played any type of professional football in his life. He's played some amateur, but not a great deal. It takes years to learn the skills required. It requires complete dedication and in his case, he dedicated his life to sprinting.

It's just not going to work. He's just going to take the spot of another kid that's dedicating his life to football and it's going to be a failure.

Even several big names are saying it's going to be a failure, Xavi being one of them.

3. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

It could work if, theoretically, a team puts 10 behind the ball and just plays route one football for him to chase. Finishing one on one with a keeper isn't difficult if you've got time to set yourself.

For the most part though I agree it's a waste of time and it's taking a spot from a kid, or hell, even a better suited marquee. Let Bolt play elsewhere and stop trying to bring the A League down to some circus level bullshit. It's bad enough as it is.

4. Alec

Alec International Rep

Probably hoping he'll be their Mbappe, Sonic the Hedgehogging on the counter attack.

5. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

It's clearly a publicity stunt - good move from the Mariners from their point of view, but it does make the league look like a joke.