2018 FIFA World Cup

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
France have got this unfortunately.

I just can't see a Croatia win. They just don't have the squad to beat France and the amount of football they have played will have some impact on them.

It's a shame really because France haven't been the best team.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
No team has been great, so France is as good (or bad) as anyone else. Not really fair to say they aren't the best side if they win it. No team is great at present, they are sort of the best of the average world bunch.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The worst thing about France beating Belgium to make the final?

The goal scorer was Umtiti. The guy is a flog. Dive after dive after dive in all of the games, arguably up there with Neymar.

Alec

International Rep
First French goal was such bullshit. Dive to get a free kick followed by a player being missed when offside during the free kick.

Croatia's equalizer was all class.

The Croatian getting a handball was dumb as shit. Seems really harsh though, surely it's accidental?

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I would like to say that's been the least enjoyable World Cup final.. But it isn't, 2010 is.

But that's the second least enjoyable World Cup final.

**** France.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I just couldn't sit through it. Fell asleep just after the first Croatian goal and woke up again at 80.

So...I can't really comment on the game too much. Apparently there were pitch invaders too but I was out through all of it.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The Croatian getting a handball was dumb as shit. Seems really harsh though, surely it's accidental?
I thought it was a fair enough call.

The hand movement at the last second is what fucked him. They have been pretty consistent with that this WC.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
https://footballia.net/competitions/world-cup

This is literally one of the best sites on the internet.

You can watch games from tournaments going back to 1966. You can get full league matches from countries all over the world. Even other International tournaments such as Euro.

I've been watching Euro '88. The last time Netherlands won a major tournament.

GKDonkey

NRL Captain
Not world cup news but still pretty crazy, Usain Bolt, 31, is set for a six week trial with Central Coast Mariners starting next month with a season-long deal on the table should he make the grade.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Not world cup news but still pretty crazy, Usain Bolt, 31, is set for a six week trial with Central Coast Mariners starting next month with a season-long deal on the table should he make the grade.
I thought Bolt gave up on this ridiculous dream of his?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter