PRE-GAME 2018 NRL Grand Final - Roosters vs Storm

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

If that's true, then that says it was only a bruise/contusion and wasn't a tear in the rotator cuff.

After watching the AFL Grand Final and seeing the spectacle it delivered the NRL have their work cut out for them to produce something just as spectacular.

I've got no doubt that tonight's game will be infuriating to watch.

And no I'm not talking about the Storm and Roosters, referee blunders, the video ref, Gould etc.

It will be the complete lack of professionalism in the coverage.

This was the AFL's lead up to the kick off:

2.13pm — Umpires and teams run out on to the ground

They did.

2.26pm — National Anthem sung by Mahalia Barnes (daughter of Jimmy Barnes)

She did.

2.30pm — Game starts

It did. It may have crept over to 2:31 but I won't split hairs.

I almost got whiplash when comparing the professionalism of the AFL's coverage and then thinking of what Channel Nine will serve up tonight.

According to the NRL's schedule the game is due to kick off at 7:20 pm.

Does anyone really believe that will happen?

I'm going conservative and predicting between 7:35 and 7:40. I wouldn't surprise me though if it starts at 8:00.

I know it's a first world problem and lives aren't on the line or anything like that but the lack of professionalism around big games for a so-called professional sport is appalling.

After watching the AFL Grand Final and seeing the spectacle it delivered the NRL have their work cut out for them to produce something just as spectacular.

I've got no doubt that tonight's game will be infuriating to watch.

And no I'm not talking about the Storm and Roosters, referee blunders, the video ref, Gould etc.

It will be the complete lack of professionalism in the coverage.

This was the AFL's lead up to the kick off:

2.13pm — Umpires and teams run out on to the ground

They did.

2.26pm — National Anthem sung by Mahalia Barnes (daughter of Jimmy Barnes)

She did.

2.30pm — Game starts

It did. It may have crept over to 2:31 but I won't split hairs.

I almost got whiplash when comparing the professionalism of the AFL's coverage and then thinking of what Channel Nine will serve up tonight.

According to the NRL's schedule the game is due to kick off at 7:20 pm.

Does anyone really believe that will happen?

I'm going conservative and predicting between 7:35 and 7:40. I wouldn't surprise me though if it starts at 8:00.

I know it's a first world problem and lives aren't on the line or anything like that but the lack of professionalism around big games for a so-called professional sport is appalling.

AFL GF still starts during the day while the NRL grand final occurs so late at night. They seem to keep pushing it later and later too. Just start it earlier so people can celebrate it afterwards, and not go straight to bed ( and some won't even make it through the whole thing because of school and work tomorrow (for non QLDers)).

AFL GF still starts during the day while the NRL grand final occurs so late at night. They seem to keep pushing it later and later too. Just start it earlier so people can celebrate it afterwards, and not go straight to bed ( and some won't even make it through the whole thing because of school and work tomorrow (for non QLDers)).

it is a public holiday in NSW tomorrow as well

Turn off the tv guys. It’s the Thurston drool fest

Last edited:
Are you **** kidding me? Thurston is gonna commentate the main game?

*Proceeds to show the **** 2015 GF*

We just won something **** off NRL and let broncos fans have their moment for once.

Got a terrible feeling melb will do it comfortably. Oh well, life goes on.

Oh Channel 9 you don't need to salivate over a 70% naked Slater. Sigh.

lol at Cronk carrying a bag that’s probably empty.

I hope the Storm get a quick lead and frustrate the Roosters, then the Roosters go head hunting and there's 5 people left on the field. That way we all win

Certainly looks like Cronk is a certain starter.

That was a nice little tactic from the Roosters getting Cronk to sit out the captain's run.

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Mister Wright
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • Johnny92
  • Hurrijo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.