2018 NRL Grand Final - Roosters vs Storm

lol, reminds me of Mellish's death in Saving Private Ryan. "Shhhhhhh"

Haha that was glorious. Sucked in Melbourne a **** Smith with his barely gracious speech

Once again you're just making stuff up to suit your agenda, it's sad to watch.

No juniors? Mitchell, Manu, Radley, Liu, Napa, Cordner, Friend, Aubusson and others throughout the season. Not selling players to fit under the cap? We've already been over the 7 or 8 players they've lost in the last 24 months, most of which are current or recent representative players.

I don't know where this delusion is coming from.
Yes, all of those players debuted, thats correct. But they were READY for first grade, they werent plugging holes due to salary cap pressure forcing the hand of the club. And yes, those players were sold but they werent sold due to salary cap pressure, they were sold to sign BETTER PLAYERS. The sentences pointed out these components but it didnt suit your agenda so you just skipped over it lol.

Sad delusion? Seriously? Even roosters fans admit they dont look under the cap. Look at their roster, look at the bloke on stage last night representing the roosters, look at the fact they LITERALLY have no junior competiton to draw from, they lose mid range quality players and gain highly sought after players in their spot EVERY YEAR. I think its more sad you calling someone sad and delusional simply because youre struggling justify a comment.

And yet there they are again, I don’t care how they do it. They just do it

Claiming public outrage is just a bullshit cop out, there’s NO broncos agenda.

The supporters on here claiming that every second post need to wake up to reality.

There’s a reason we’re on almost every Friday night. RATINGS!!!!!

We are the best tv rated, crowd drawing, fan base supported and financially viable club in the competition

The NRL and their broadcast partners would LOVE it if we were winning the comp more regularly

Ratings = Money

The NRL figured out a long time ago that the Broncos rate on TV and at the stadiums regardless of how well they are performing. You know what also rates really well? Sydney teams taking on an under-strength or under-performing Broncos side. They fucking love beating us.

42921235_2062031967151455_5718526299224408064_n.jpg
Beautiful

And so begins the long hot summer of cricket. Sigh.

I need to congratulate the NRL for booking the Gang of youth to open the night. Awesome and inspired choice. The true sound of youthful Australia. A great set which truly shat all over th Black eyed peas prerecorded dirge at the AFL. It's pleasing to see a home grown act climb above the Aussie cultural cringe and seriously kick some ass.

Yes, all of those players debuted, thats correct. But they were READY for first grade, they werent plugging holes due to salary cap pressure forcing the hand of the club.

That's simply wrong my dude, Manu was thrown in the deep end when they had to release Jennings, guys like Liu were thrown in there when SBW and co. moved on, Radley was thrown in there this year, along with guys like Butcher etc.

They have plenty of juniors, a lot of which weren't ready when they first came in to the team but have been developed over a few years, which I'm pretty sure is the entire idea of junior development.. I still have no idea what your argument is.

Haha that was glorious. Sucked in Melbourne a **** Smith with his barely gracious speech

I've always been a fan of his speeches and the way he handles himself in general, but that was poor. From someone that was a mate for many years.

Tedesco is an amazing player. He's the biggest reason - rather than Cronk - why the Roosters were able to improve from a prelim loss to a GF win this year. Big upgrade from Michael Gordon (who has moved on from 2 clubs who won the Premiership the year after he left now - Sharks in 16 and Roosters in 18).

Did Cronk screw your missus mate?

I need to congratulate the NRL for booking the Gang of youth to open the night. Awesome and inspired choice. The true sound of youthful Australia. A great set which truly shat all over th Black eyed peas prerecorded dirge at the AFL. It's pleasing to see a home grown act climb above the Aussie cultural cringe and seriously kick some ass.

Really? Don't get me wrong, both their songs are in my playlist, but they were ordinary, he sucks live, and the sound was absolutely awful given the vocals were about 5 times higher than the instruments. I thought the entertainer was yet another let down.

I don't understand why there's always such an emphasis on the entertainment at FOOTY grand finals. The country seems to be obsessed with it (both in NRL and AFL).

You're there for the footy, who gives a **** about which band/singer is performing?

Really? Don't get me wrong, both their songs are in my playlist, but they were ordinary, he sucks live, and the sound was absolutely awful given the vocals were about 5 times higher than the instruments. I thought the entertainer was yet another let down.
You might need to check your hearing or your sound system. Five of us watched their set and all agreed it was awesome and compared to the Peas set sounded way better. Still, music is subjective so I'm happy to agree that we disagree.

They nearly put me to sleep

I don't understand why there's always such an emphasis on the entertainment at FOOTY grand finals. The country seems to be obsessed with it (both in NRL and AFL).

You're there for the footy, who gives a **** about which band/singer is performing?
My youngest daughter has never watched a game of NRL. Last night she was sitting with us to see the Gang of youth. Admittedly she only watched the opening 10minutes of the game. She's nearly 17 and the only thing to date that has got her interested in watching the sport was a band she thinks the world of. I think the NRL are trying to cater for more than just the purists ninga
Y and for that I give them credit.

My youngest daughter has never watched a game of NRL. Last night she was sitting with us to see the Gang of youth. Admittedly she only watched the opening 10minutes of the game. She's nearly 17 and the only thing to date that has got her interested in watching the sport was a band she thinks the world of. I think the NRL are trying to cater for more than just the purists ninga
Y and for that I give them credit.
Alternatively, my girlfriend listens to triple j religiously. She grew up in Byron bay and is more hipster than you could imagine. She also hates sport. When they were playing she said “what the **** is this? Aren’t they supposed to hype the fans up?”

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.