2018 NRL Grand Final - Roosters vs Storm

Or that bloke that does Waltzing Matild...wait only Rugby would be stupid enough to do that.

I need a wire brush decontamination scrub after cheering for the Roosters yesterday. Feel so dirty....only reason l could find to cheer for them is that Tedesco looks like one of my cousins.

If Storm went back to back it would have been unbearable.

I must be the only bloke on here that wanted the Storm to win this. I hate the chooks with a passion. The 2000 GF will always be my favourite. As much as I hate the Storm I wanted to see Slater go out a winner. It must be my SOO loyalty coming out of me... This current Chooks side is just so cringeworthy...Just grubby as ****. That Mitchell needs his fucking dial rearranged.

Got to laugh at people ripping into Latrell Mitchell on here. He's exactly like Hodges was at the same age. I personally think he is an amazing player. I have no doubt he'll grow out of the rubbish.

I must be the only bloke on here that wanted the Storm to win this. I hate the chooks with a passion. The 2000 GF will always be my favourite. As much as I hate the Storm I wanted to see Slater go out a winner. It must be my SOO loyalty coming out of me... This current Chooks side is just so cringeworthy...Just grubby as ****. That Mitchell needs his fucking dial rearranged.

Apart from Melbourne being the scum of the NRL and having ruined the game for about 15 years now, my gddad used to be a die hard chooks fan (lived in Bronte and Bondi after he moved here from Germany, so he wasn't a bandwagoner). I still dislike them, but not at the same level as Melbourne or the Cowboys.

Got to laugh at people ripping into Latrell Mitchell on here. He's exactly like Hodges was at the same age. I personally think he is an amazing player. I have no doubt he'll grow out of the rubbish.

I think you’re right. Right up until his post match interview I just wanted to slap the shit out of him, but he really came across surprisingly articulate and relatively humble. Hopefully he continues to follow Hodges trajectory of maturity and leadership and loses the stupid on field shit.

I dislike both teams, but for me supporting the rosters was more out of selfishness

Didn’t want the storm to be the first team to win back to back comps since us

Yeah, but that's the same reason all the other clubs hated Hodges too. He's a ****, but he's their ****, just like Hodges was our ****. I'd have loved him at the Broncos, when the article about us chasing him a couple of years back came out.

That's simply wrong my dude, Manu was thrown in the deep end when they had to release Jennings, guys like Liu were thrown in there when SBW and co. moved on, Radley was thrown in there this year, along with guys like Butcher etc.

They have plenty of juniors, a lot of which weren't ready when they first came in to the team but have been developed over a few years, which I'm pretty sure is the entire idea of junior development.. I still have no idea what your argument is.
Lol they did not have a junior rugby league competition for over 15 years. LITERALLY. There is , i think, 4 teams (possibly 1) in the entire eastern suburbs competition now. Are you seriously suggesting that is plenty of juniors? They have the required amount of juniors to make up their under 16’s ect but they buy them 1-2 years before they make grade from other clubs constntly. Other clubs do this but nowhere near the level the roosters do it, and this in no way is a reflection of my initial argument but i am simply responding to you ridiculous claim that the roosters developed these players from their massive pool of 4 clubs lol. Buying a player just before they are ready is not developing them.

James Roberts kicks someone in the back and gets a week.

Cameron Munster kicks someone in the back of the head and gets a $1400 fine which he would be able to pay on the spot.

That's consistency according to the MRC.

Once again you're just making stuff up to suit your agenda, it's sad to watch.

No juniors? Mitchell, Manu, Radley, Liu, Napa, Cordner, Friend, Aubusson and others throughout the season. Not selling players to fit under the cap? We've already been over the 7 or 8 players they've lost in the last 24 months, most of which are current or recent representative players.

I don't know where this delusion is coming from.

Of their 21 named only seven had played for another club- Storm for the record had five.

Cordner, Mitchell, Friend, Mitchell Aubusson, Joseph Manu and Victor Radley played SG Ball for the Roosters, while Napa, Isaac Liu, Paul Momirovski, Nat Butcher and Sean O’Sullivan played in the club’s under-20 teams.

Storm developed fact, they've used 25 players last three grand finals and only four came from outside- Addo-Carr, Finucane, Green and Koroibete.

Last edited:
Bit of a boring game really but well done to the roosters. They smashed them in the first half and storm had no answers whatsoever. Mitchell had a great game and clearly got the better of chambers, again.
Cronk playing was amazing considering his injury, massive balls on him for doing that.

On another note, read this morning that jack bird was spotted with all the Cronulla lads on their boat for the day, don’t know if anything and know he obviously has friends there still but gee, does he really want to go home, more than likely I reckon.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.