2018 NRL Side

C’mon now, I don’t even rate the idea of Oates as a second row forward but he is one of our best when it comes to one out hit ups. He constantly gets his head into gaps to find his front and rarely gets dominated.

against backs ... not forwards...

The problem here is what we want vs. what he wants. He'll likely go to a team that lets him play in the forwards.

That’s the annoying thing no one wants to see him leave. Will be interesting to see what Bennett does

against backs ... not forwards...

Nope against forwards, his body position going into the defensive line makes it extremely hard for the defence to dominate him on the first contact then the lines that he runs make it that much harder again.

if you think that pack will take us anywhere in 2018 ... then clearly you have never seen how Bennett has developed rookie forwards for his entire 30+ year coaching career.

in the event a forward as young as Carrigan or Haas actually gets a game ... it is pretty much always a token 5 minutes at the end of the game ... which means that you are placing alot on the top of TPJ and Offa to carry the bench work load (2 players that, while are coming along very nicely, still have a ways to go until they are properly developed)

Then there is Oates ... a player, who while he can make big meters coming off a run up against centers and wingers, is yet to show he can do the hard yards up the middle with little to no run up, against the big men ... all that is assuming he can actually stay on the park in the forwards.

now we arrive at Sims ... there is a player who is great defensively, but offers little in the way of go forward.

on to Lodge ... carved up the ISC level competition, but hasn't played NRL for 3 years, which is clearly a significant step up from the ISC ... it could take him some time before he hits his straps in the top grade.

Although, i really don't have to worry too much because the chance the pack runs out like that is close to zero ... unless we get a significant amount injuries

Oates wouldn't be in the middle, he would play on the edge .

Does anyone really want Oates in the 2nd row really? A lot of talk about it and that’s what he wants but most us would Rather he stays on the wing I would think

I think he could be a awesome backrower , needs time there of course .

I have a feeling Wayne actually might give Kahu another go at centre tbh.

I'd guess he would get first crack at it, but Issako would also be an option to.

It's doubtful Isaako would even be considered. He is a fullback in the reserve grade and while he has played centre before, it's far from his best position.

We have centres at the club, one of those Opacic who did the job well at the back end of 2016. I can't see Isaako being a realistic chance of being considered for the spot. Not unless all of our other centre options get injured.

It's doubtful Isaako would even be considered. He is a fullback in the reserve grade and while he has played centre before, it's far from his best position.

We have centres at the club, one of those Opacic who did the job well at the back end of 2016. I can't see Isaako being a realistic chance of being considered for the spot. Not unless all of our other centre options get injured.

I was more meaning Issako for the wing. He run there in drills towards the end of last season.

I was more meaning Issako for the wing. He run there in drills towards the end of last season.

That's what happens when you don't read posts properly.. I thought that was a reply to Kahu at centre. My bad.

Isin't Fifita 17? i don't know enough about Mago, but thats a big call stating he should be over Oates and even Sua. Fifita hasn't even been tested yet to say he will be a star, besides school boy footy and we all know about that. the step up mentally and physically is crazy. I heard he is only just holding his own in training, but has struggled. give the kid time without hyping him too much. Haas would be over him right now, let alone players who have played NRL.
Haas is a prop, Fifita is second rower.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Waynesaurus
  • whykickamoocow
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.