2018 NRL Side

Defensively, a liability in the centres.

He was last time he played there no question , but again, that was at a time his body wasnt holding up as well as it is now. I like him in the centers in attack tbh, but i wouldn't write his defence off just yet. Guess we will see how he is going along in a few months.

It's not that his training is behind or he's injury prone, it's the fact we don't have a good winger to replace him.

Bennett wont have any hesitation in putting Pearson in. It will be up to him to take the opportunity if he gets one

Jack Bird doing recovery work

DTiJ68xU0AAv8vs.jpg:large

You've just given Badel his next story.

My sources inside pangai's camp indicate he's unhappy with coming from the bench and will move for a starting spot.

My sources also inform me that the roosters will make a play of around $3m a season and have made a request to the NRL to play with all 17 on the field
Moley bait

The problem here is what we want vs. what he wants. He'll likely go to a team that lets him play in the forwards.
Catch ya later I say. He'll be injured 70% of the time in the forwards. He'll be at Dugan levels

Corey Oates at backrow would be like a combination of Luke Lewis and Boyd Cordner.

Corey Oates at backrow would be like a combination of Luke Lewis and Boyd Cordner.
I think he'd be more Paul Hauff running style and Gaven Allen deceptive tackle busting trait. Wether he's as tough as G. Allen is debatable.

Oates would be a hard hole hitting backrower. He's got speed so would make him so hard to handle close to the line running off a nice short pass from milf.

All those times Milford has put Glenn through a hole, Oates would have been more effective.

He's done his time on the wing and the general consensus is he's overdue for a shift to the forwards.

To be honest though, I'd put about 5 other guys in the backrow before Glenn. (TPJ, Sims, Su'a, Mago, Savelio) I'd even consider Funaki..

Glenn is too small and weak to be a forward and too slow and not powerful enough to be a back.

I'd rate him as a decent bench utility able to play most positions on the field only if needed

I think he'd be more Paul Hauff running style and Gaven Allen deceptive tackle busting trait. Wether he's as tough as G. Allen is debatable.

Paul Hauff in full stride was extremely agile and quick(great footwork, one example was when he left Daley for dead with an inside step, beat Belcher despite an ankle tap and losing a boot and scored) and was very safe under the highball. Oates doesn't have that agility in his stride but he is stronger then Hauff was. From the wing he makes metres not just from kick returns but he also gets to select when he comes in and take the runs and defensively the workload is less then what would be demanded of him in the back row, what kind of stress that would have with the injuries he has had raises concerns.

I can see a potential future for him in the back row, but at the Broncos I'm not so convinced, not unless his prepared to play the waiting game. Plenty of competition in that position and though Oates is a quality player, Bennett isn't the type to cave to pressure by demands from players, especially when there is a surplus.

To be honest though, I'd put about 5 other guys in the backrow before Glenn. (TPJ, Sims, Su'a, Mago, Savelio) I'd even consider Funaki..

Glenn is too small and weak to be a forward and too slow and not powerful enough to be a back.

I'd rate him as a decent bench utility able to play most positions on the field only if needed

Glenn is the same size as Gillett and Su'A..

He was last time he played there no question , but again, that was at a time his body wasnt holding up as well as it is now. I like him in the centers in attack tbh, but i wouldn't write his defence off just yet. Guess we will see how he is going along in a few months.
I also think his defensive issues at center can also be put down to a lack of game time in the position and him move around the back line a fair bit.

It's not that his training is behind or he's injury prone, it's the fact we don't have a good winger to replace him.
Exact same reason we should even consider giving Oates a shot at the back row.

We would be moving him from a position we have the least depth in, to one we have the most

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • Nerd
  • whykickamoocow
  • TimWhatley
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Pablo
  • Morkel
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manifesto
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.