2018 NRL Side

Jeez only starting contact in March. Hoping he's not completely underdone without a preseason.

Hopefully the team can manage well early season and not put pressure on bringing him back early

Jeez only starting contact in March. Hoping he's not completely underdone without a preseason.

Hopefully the team can manage well early season and not put pressure on bringing him back early

Might be too underdone for Origin which is a good thing for us imo.

I stand by that it was complete premeditated sabotage by Cronulla. What other club would be so grubby

Can't imagine that happening

i reckon you are right.
more of a feel good pump me up story for the jets, considering in the past few years bennett has chosen souths, norths and reddy as his preferred grounding for players coming through.
ben hunt was the exception last year when banished.
sort of says to me he will stack souths and norths again with 4 or so fringe players who will be on his radar.
wynnum also seem to get the scraps too and nothing too flash, be interesting to see who goes where again.

i reckon you are right.
more of a feel good pump me up story for the jets, considering in the past few years bennett has chosen souths, norths and reddy as his preferred grounding for players coming through.
ben hunt was the exception last year when banished.
sort of says to me he will stack souths and norths again with 4 or so fringe players who will be on his radar.
wynnum also seem to get the scraps too and nothing too flash, be interesting to see who goes where again.

They take more players from those teams. It causes problems if you take Opacic from Redcliffe who has been there since he was a Colt and don't give him back.

Would be wrong if Lodge didn't go to Reddy.
Nikormia and McGuire to Norths.

I'm still amazed we have any players at Redcliffe tbh.

There's an article about David Fifita on the courier mail site, but I obviously can't read it because it's behind a paywall.

David Fifita to represent Australia at Commonwealth Championships
RIKKI-LEE ARNOLD, The Courier-Mail
February 9, 2018 1:39pm
Subscriber only
PROMISING young Broncos talent David Fifita is set to be unleashed at the Commonwealth Championships later this month, after he was named in the Australian side.

Coach Adrian Lam has revealed his line-up for the under-23 Nines competition, with Fifita one of three Broncos to wear the green and gold.

A Keebra State High School product, Fifita was last year labelled “the best schoolboy forward” that commentator Andrew Voss had seen in 20 years.

He will line up alongside Brisbane teammates Corey Allan and Katoni Staggs, as well as Melbourne’s Scott Drinkwater and Intrust Super Cup talents Hayden Schwass and Michael Carroll.

Lam said he had selected a number of players who had representative experience for the tournament, which will be held at Redcliffe’s Dolphin Stadium on February 23 and 24.

“Many of these players are and have been in representative systems so I am looking forward to working with all of them,” Lam said.

“This is an important step for them in what will be a great exhibition of rugby league.”

Australia will play alongside Fiji, Scotland and Wales in Pool A.

2a4008d8999556152e175c8064372a26

Keebra Park product David Fifita will play for Australia at the Commonwealth Championships. Picture Glenn Hampson
Australian Commonwealth Championships squad:

Corey Allan (Brisbane Broncos)

Jade Anderson (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)

Michael Carroll (Townsville Blackhawks)

Scott Drinkwater (Melbourne Storm)

David Fifita (Brisbane Broncos)

Brendan Frei (Sydney Roosters)

Harry Grant (Melbourne Storm)

Luke Huth (Newcastle Knights)

Paul Momirovski (Sydney Roosters)

Jack Murchie (Canberra Raiders)

Ryan Papenhuyzen (Melbourne Storm)

Ky Rodwell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Hayden Schwass (Burleigh Bears)

Luke Sharpe (Wyong Roos)

Katoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos)

Just read an article called, Titian's give Cartwright a licence to thrill..... Stop it

The thing I love about trials is the questions it throws up about the season ahead. Last nights trial was against poor opposition that put up a reasonable fight, with a ref that was blowing that whistle like crazy and both teams error prone to get rid of some rust BUT it did give a few questions for us:

1. Will haas play more then the 1 or 2 games predicted by many this year?
2. Is kotoni staggs a viable centre option if opacic and bird aren't available and has he moved ahead of shibasaki?
3. Will Fifita maybe get a game this year during origin if injuries hit?
4. Will savelio ever play for us or will an acl injury cause too much of a set back?
5. Is Allan the talent everyone thought he was?
6. Is dargan our only real back up half of potential nrl back up quality?
7. Will Turpin get a few games this year, and is he a better option as a back up then first thought?
8. Has carrigan dropped down the pecking order?
9. Will mago see more game time then we thought?
10. Where does fai sit in the pecking order?

And my favourite....
11. How the hell are we going to fit in all these young forwards in the future without regretting losing 1 or 2?!

Of course, as I said above, it's just a trial and and its just 1 game, so it doesn't answer these questions one way or the other... but it threw up a few questions

Ps. I'm just a bit excited because it's the first broncos footy for months!

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Skathen
  • Socnorb
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • john1420
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • azza.79
  • mitch222
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.