2018 NRL Side

And another, I think the headache, combined with how sick I feel atm is doing a number on me lol

How about isaako at the back and boyd to left center. Oates on the bench and sammy T at hooker for 20 or so before macca comes in.

what fairytale did you read that in ... because that's the only place you will see that (for the Broncos)

Just thinking of our captains hammy's . Maybe we give him some games to ease him in . Or we could just see if he brakes down , and have isaako in there until he returns in rd 10 anyways !!

Because lists:

Team for majority of the season imo

1. Boyd (per the article SF just posted)
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Niko
8. Lodge
9. Macca/Murphy/ST
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillo
13. Moose
14. Murphy/Isaako/Oates
15. Offa
16. TPJ
17. Thaiday/Oates

a few overlappings obviously. Assuming Macca isn't fit, Murphy/Thaiday come in, leaving a spot for Oates or Isaako. When fit, probably Murphy, but potentially Oates or Isaako as the 'utility'

Outside that, some are aware I'm a big fan of both Opacic + Pearson, and evidence suggests Wayne is too. As for when Bird comes back, I do think that unfortunately Opacic will make way, assuming the rest of the backline is fit.

I've said it before, and while I hope he pulls out all the stops, I get the feeling Thaiday may not be part of our strongest 17 if the players around him keep improving.

Because lists:

Team for majority of the season imo

1. Boyd (per the article SF just posted)
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Niko
8. Lodge
9. Macca/Murphy/ST
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillo
13. Moose
14. Murphy/Isaako/Oates
15. Offa
16. TPJ
17. Thaiday/Oates

a few overlappings obviously. Assuming Macca isn't fit, Murphy/Thaiday come in, leaving a spot for Oates or Isaako. When fit, probably Murphy, but potentially Oates or Isaako as the 'utility'

Outside that, some are aware I'm a big fan of both Opacic + Pearson, and evidence suggests Wayne is too. As for when Bird comes back, I do think that unfortunately Opacic will make way, assuming the rest of the backline is fit.

I've said it before, and while I hope he pulls out all the stops, I get the feeling Thaiday may not be part of our strongest 17 if the players around him keep improving.

So where does bird go if not In the centres?

Wonder if Bennett would pull something odd-ish like this for Round 1 ...

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Thaiday
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Isaako
15. Murphy
16. Offa
17. Pangai

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Thaiday
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Isaako
15. Murphy
16. Offa
17. Pangai

250px-043Oddish.png

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Thaiday
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Isaako
15. Murphy
16. Offa
17. Pangai

Well wonder no longer !!!!!!!!!!!!

No.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Thaiday
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Isaako
15. Murphy
16. Offa
17. Pangai
I don't get why this is so outrageous to suggest as some others have commented. If you look at this team it probably isn't far from the truth
1. Oates may spend time on the wing but he prob won't start
2. Mccullough may not be ready for round 1 so Murphy might take his place with Thaiday starting to take the heat off defensively

In saying that, Oates prob starts off the bench-plays second row and possibly finishes on the wing depending how the game goes...

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Thaiday
10. Sims
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Isaako
15. Murphy
16. Offa
17. Pangai
Just not sure if starting Sammy at 9 will work this year now that he appears to be part of the prop rotation.

We effectively have 3/4 props in the starting lineup so it will ask someone to play extended minutes somewhere.

The white elephant in the room is going to be the Oates situation. We are stronger with him on the wing - yet the experiment is because he wants to be in the pack. If i was Wayne these would be my 3 options (in no preference order).

1) Oates Wing - Sammy to hooker for the first 20. Macca bench until 15 - hoping Kodi takes an excellent kicking game (3rd/4th tackle long range kicks to touch). Lodge or Sims runs a big mans first 15. Adds extra fuel to our tank in the middle, takes the juice out of the opposition. Repeat second half. This is my preference first few rounds while Boyd/Macca/Milf/Kodi get sorted.

2)Oates bench - Macca has to start. Pearson starts. Sammy/Lodge/Sims bench. Ideal for slow games and managing niggling injuries to forwards. We can rotate the starting bench to manage players through year. Probably the staple diet - wont give away too much for when the comp gets serious.

3)Oats 2nd row - Sammy Start Hooker - Pearson Wing. Macca on from 20 to 80. Bird, Oates and Gillett torment flanks. Big men chew the juice in first 20 while Kodi and Milf be patient and run opposition left and right. Semi final football and tight game football.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.