2018 NRL Side

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I am actually hoping now that Boyd does hang up the boots. It really does look like the injuries are really hurting his game and mind set. He's adding little to nothing into the side when he's on the field. It could also personal issues as well and with his frequent injuries it may be time to retire.

You have to be kidding. He has been pretty good mostly. He had a poor finish to the season through injury, but until he injured his hand in origin he was fine. Some people have short memories. I wouldnt be writing him off yet.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
You have to be kidding. He has been pretty good mostly. He had a poor finish to the season through injury, but until he injured his hand in origin he was fine. Some people have short memories. I wouldnt be writing him off yet.

Agreed but if we are we going to be a attacking side we cant really have a safe fb

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Agreed but if we are we going to be a attacking side we cant really have a safe fb

I wouldnt say he has been just safe, but i do agree we could do with a bit more dynamism. Problem i think we have is we dont have a fullback anywhere near ready, we would have to bring somebody in.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I wouldnt say he has been just safe, but i do agree we could do with a bit more dynamism. Problem i think we have is we dont have a fullback anywhere near ready, we would have to bring somebody in.

What do you think of Allen? I personally don't really rate him.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
I wouldnt say he has been just safe, but i do agree we could do with a bit more dynamism. Problem i think we have is we dont have a fullback anywhere near ready, we would have to bring somebody in

Who do you think we should go after ?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Even with no ability to run we saw what Boyd means to our defence last night. Our attack suffered dramatically because he's excellent at making the right decisions in attack but simply couldn't commit defenders with no speed.

The moment he went off the floodgates opened. Boyd does so much at the back that goes unappreciated.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016

Interesting if he does want to hang it up. He's had a rough life by sounds of it so wish him the best personally. But he clearly hasn't stepped up as captain or fullback this year and suspect best years are behind him.

Be nice to take pressure off by putting him at centre and giving up captaincy. Give him a few months off to help process his grief. Maybe retire from SOO and give him an odd game off against lesser opposition if he needs. Big hit to pride but sometimes that is a good thing too.

Big pay cut too would have to follow but if doesn't have huge price tag actually takes pressure off too. A few hundred a year is better than none.

Might be good for broncos and good transition to post football life for him. Without knowing him worry if he might be one that does badly post football.

All might be nonsense though so wait and see.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Interesting if he does want to hang it up. He's had a rough life by sounds of it so wish him the best personally. But he clearly hasn't stepped up as captain or fullback this year and suspect best years are behind him.

Be nice to take pressure off by putting him at centre and giving up captaincy. Give him a few months off to help process his grief. Maybe retire from SOO and give him an odd game off against lesser opposition if he needs. Big hit to pride but sometimes that is a good thing too.

Big pay cut too would have to follow but if doesn't have huge price tag actually takes pressure off too. A few hundred a year is better than none.

Might be good for broncos and good transition to post football life for him. Without knowing him worry if he might be one that does badly post football.

All might be nonsense though so wait and see.

He had improved heaps what he was like a few years ago but again the injuries and personal issues may have been to much for him to handle of late and might have been willing to give away so he doesnt hurt the team

Give him a role at the club to help the youngsters with mental illness,

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Even with no ability to run we saw what Boyd means to our defence last night. Our attack suffered dramatically because he's excellent at making the right decisions in attack but simply couldn't commit defenders with no speed.

The moment he went off the floodgates opened. Boyd does so much at the back that goes unappreciated.
Good points... I think everyone looks at the last 2-3 games and takes it as how that player now is. We aren't very patient us fans. Good players are good players, no player plays to his potential every year and/or every game. Injuries are just one reason, but they also aren't robots unfortunately. I mean even smith and Thurston don't, otherwise there wouldn't be any other dally m winners the past 15 years apart from them. I think each 3 good seasons buys players a bad one to persevere with them. But in saying this, I have to admit I fall into this category, including last night. But in hindsight, we finished 3rd. I understand all the "we are the broncos and we should aim for the premiership!". This is true, but it isn't the 90's anymore and each season should be taken on its own merits. I think we are looking at this season in a poor light due to the frustration of the henjak/hook years + 2015 (12 year premiership drought!) making us frustrated. People have to remember we were tipped to miss the 8, yet we finished 3rd playing busted in the end.

Sorry I went a little past your point there Morkel but it kind of flowed on from my the grass isn't always greener-rant regarding people's want for change with every player who hasn't played good for less then 10 games...

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Scdeac
  • Morkel
  • Tim K
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Lostboy
  • Rambstien
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • Battler
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.