2018 NRL Side

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
I can live with losing Oates, but TPJ on the other hand we need to offer him a long extension say 4 years for a medium price before he hits top form in the next year or two.

NO! we need oates

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Jack Bird's hopes of starting his career at the Broncos on a bright note have been shattered with the star utility set to undergo a full shoulder reconstruction.
Bird played in pain for much of last season at Cronulla and was hoping a break over the off-season would fix the problem.
But WWOS has learned that the 22 year old utility is still being dogged by the injury and may undergo surgery this week.
Bird will miss at least the first month of the new season as well as the trials if that is the case.
"The poor kid is shattered - that's his off season gone and part of next year," a source close to Bird said.
Bird burst onto the top grade scene at Cronulla in 2015, winning the Dally M Rookie of the Year award.
He was a key member of the Sharks' premiership winning team last year before deciding to make the big money switch to the Broncos for 2018.

Well that’s just great.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/11/01...ss-start-of-nrl-season-after-shoulder-surgery

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
I think Oates will move into the back row at some stage this year. There was some talk at his last contact extension that they would renegotiate once he moves there as second row money was better than winger money.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Apparently Jack Bird is having shoulder surgery and will be out 4-6 months

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Everything going to plan as always. Surgery to key players, and missing out on key signings.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Apparently Jack Bird is having shoulder surgery and will be out 4-6 months

Yep. Shoulder reconstruction. Will miss the first month of the 2018 season.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Wtf, why wouldn't he have had that shoulder surgery a month or two ago?

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Wtf, why wouldn't he have had that shoulder surgery a month or two ago?

I'm sure the Sharks would have been very forthcoming with info on his injury and real keen to get him into surgery and back as quick as possible for us........NOT!

We probably couldn't do anything until our contract kicked in.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm sure the Sharks would have been very forthcoming with info on his injury and real keen to get him into surgery and back as quick as possible for us........NOT!

We probably couldn't do anything until our contract kicked in.
Oh that's exactly what I expected given that on the exact day he becomes a Broncos player he needs to go for surgery. Honestly though, what kind of cuntery is that, delaying a recovery of a player to screw over the next club.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
It's the Sharks. No wonder he wanted out.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I've never considered this before but do players get full physical exams during negotiations with other clubs?

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
That would have to set a new low in inter-club relations.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • MasterWright
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.