2018 NRL Side

I have been thinking of a possible 17 for next year.
1.Boyd
2.Peasron
3.Roberts
4.Kahu
5.Mead
6.Milford
7.Nikorima
8.Mcguire
9.Macca
10.Pangai jr
11.Glenn
12.Gillet
13.Bird
14.Sims
15.Offa
16.Haas
17.Issako

1.Boyd
2.Peasron
3.Roberts
4.Kahu
5.Mead
6.Milford
7.Nikorima
8.Mcguire
9.Macca
10.Pangai jr
11.Glenn
12.Gillet
13.Bird
14.Sims
15.Offa
16.Haas
17.Issako
Swap Oates for isaako (for his 2nd row transition/Hess-like impact) and if Thaiday sticks around then Thaiday for haas. Fai will probably get more games then haas as despite his size and good cardio a full nrl season for an 18 year old prop with no qld cup experience would be too much to ask. Also put kahu back to the wing for opacic, which winger would depend on form next year...

1.Boyd
2.Peasron
3.Roberts
4.Kahu
5.Mead
6.Milford
7.Nikorima
8.Mcguire
9.Macca
10.Pangai jr
11.Glenn
12.Gillet
13.Bird
14.Sims
15.Offa
16.Haas
17.Issako
So Oates is being released and you are using a bench spot for a hard running FB? I know Mead is contracted but he won't be at the club next year. Not sure if Pearson is in the frame either. Besides, it's always bad luck (and pointless) to speculate about a future side when the current season is still ongoing. Don't you know that?

So looking ahead too 2018 briefly and we've officially lost Herman, Moga, Hunt, Benji and Arrow and it's looking more then likely that we lose Blair. Now I understand this is a long way away yet but that's a hell of a lot of pretty quality players to lose and our only major signing is Bird.

I imagine over the off season we target a quality utility capable of filling into a ball playeding role and coming off the bench as an impact role. And also probably a front rower or two.

Just curious though apart from Hass who is still only 18 I believe, do we have any under 20 graduates this year with promise? Any guys who could really take the next step after a good off season?

So looking ahead too 2018 briefly and we've officially lost Herman, Moga, Hunt, Benji and Arrow and it's looking more then likely that we lose Blair. Now I understand this is a long way away yet but that's a hell of a lot of pretty quality players to lose and our only major signing is Bird.

I imagine over the off season we target a quality utility capable of filling into a ball playeding role and coming off the bench as an impact role. And also probably a front rower or two.

Just curious though apart from Hass who is still only 18 I believe, do we have any under 20 graduates this year with promise? Any guys who could really take the next step after a good off season?

I think Shibasaki could make that step.

Carrigan in the forwards sounds the goods? Stagg and shibasaki in the backs?
I've only watched 2 games (1 live and 1 on fox) so I'm sure there'll be more someone else can enlighten us on.. Allen has been underwhelming in the games I've seen. David Fifita looked better then haas in the schoolboys game I saw, he's even too young for under 20's atm so that's scary.

We will pick up a couple of rejects in the off season and they'll be good enough. People are getting worried about our depth for no reason. Make no mistake, lodge will be among the best props we've had for a few years. Bird will be bigger then mcguires size (already is?), tpj is becoming a star, ofa is above where Wallace was 2 years before leaving to be a state of origin player, Sua is out youngest ever forward debutant and played a full 80 mins each time, oates' transition will be seamless, Bennett rates fai very highly, sims will have more minutes in him with a full broncos off season... add to the above list the experience and quality of Glenn, Gillett, McGuire, and Thaiday (experience with less quality on his part) and it won't be a disaster. We were saying the same thing 6 months ago about this year..,

For what reason? He'd only be swapping the state comp he plays in.
Andrew McCullough will not available for few opening round next year. So they need hooker and then utility on the bench.

Andrew McCullough will not available for few opening round next year. So they need hooker and then utility on the bench.
I agree we need some depth in hooker/halves but I don't get this insistance from people that we need a bench utility. Oates and bird can play in the backs with bird also in the halves. Thaiday has shown he can be a hooker if injury strikes or nikorima to hooker with bird to 5/8th.... our smaller pack is more effective if we have a 4 forward bench.. our 2015 run we had a 4 forward bench for most of it, now we are winning with a 4 forward bench. It gives our smaller props more energy for footwork and aggression in the middle, this is what frustrates the other teams about us with niko, Milford and Roberts adding pace cutting back in against the oppositions big packs...

Do you know the whereabouts of the last two Rooster discards the Broncos signed on?

1.Boyd
2.Peasron
3.Roberts
4.Kahu
5.Mead
6.Milford
7.Nikorima
8.Mcguire
9.Macca
10.Pangai jr
11.Glenn
12.Gillet
13.Bird
14.Sims
15.Offa
16.Haas
17.Issako

Why would Bennett hurt TPJ's development by making him a starting prop?

TPJ is making the kind of impact he is because he is coming from the bench. If he was starting, he wouldn't be making that same impact.

He is also making a big impact because he is given the freedom to roam, which he wouldn't have if he was a starting prop.

He still gets gassed fairly quickly out there. We're better off keeping him on the bench for another year or two and then moving him to lock. That's where I think he belongs.

I like TPJ coming in after the inital impact of the first 20-30 mins. Game opens up more, and it suits him./

Sorry I forgot about Oates trade him at 17 Isaako for Oates.

Bird seems he wants to play lock for the duration of his contract. With Bird at Lock that leaves Pangai jr on the bench we need him on the field more then 20 minutes a game. Pangai jr can still more around the field and play his game like Fifita does for sharks.

Bird seems he wants to play lock for the duration of his contract. With Bird at Lock that leaves Pangai jr on the bench we need him on the field more then 20 minutes a game. Pangai jr can still more around the field and play his game like Fifita does for sharks.

There is a reason why TPJ only gets that amount of time.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Dazza 92
  • NSW stables
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.