2019 Ashes discussion

We should have won that four times in the last couple of overs. Hope Cricket Aus has a good sports psychologist on staff. They're gonna need it.

Imagine having that job! I mean seriously, what can you say?

'So guys, next time, you will get a catch, you didn't drop one of those...no wait.

Umm...ok, the umpires will still their jobs, don't worry...no wait.

So...well look, you could get a run out chance...hmmm...nope.

Well look, there is always the fact you wouldn't needlessly waste a review...nah stuff it, I've got nothing. you blokes are on your own.'

Imagine having that job! I mean seriously, what can you say?

'So guys, next time, you will get a catch, you didn't drop one of those...no wait.

Umm...ok, the umpires will still their jobs, don't worry...no wait.

So...well look, you could get a run out chance...hmmm...nope.

Well look, there is always the fact you wouldn't needlessly waste a review...nah stuff it, I've got nothing. you blokes are on your own.'
You'd just resign now wouldn't you? Jesus. What a nightmare.

We should have won that four times in the last couple of overs. Hope Cricket Aus has a good sports psychologist on staff. They're gonna need it.

It’d better be an elite psychologist, some of these guys are screwed after that.

The amount of fucking luck England have had in cricket this year holy shit! They’ll probably win the World Cup in rah rah by kicking penalty goals and not score a single try.....

The amount of fucking luck England have had in cricket this year holy shit! They’ll probably win the World Cup in rah rah by kicking penalty goals and not score a single try.....

...haven't they done that before?

I'm one of those people who tend to not let sport results worry me too much, so I just want to once again take my hat off to Stokes, a true hero. Would love to have someone other than Smith in the side who you could be confident in playing an innings like that when such a prize is at stake.

I never thought anything would hit me as hard as the 2015 GF again, but that's gone close honestly, I'm still stunned.

I never thought anything would hit me as hard as the 2015 GF again, but that's gone close honestly, I'm still stunned.

Who knows, might be the catalyst for change. Paine is a pretty ordinary captain, so that might change. The top order is a set of three walking stumps.

I mean, that turned into a super flat pitch yesterday afternoon and if not for a wonderful innings by Stokes, the bowlers would have rolled them pretty cheaply.

Yep I nearly lost it after the fucked run out, but the no call LBW just after set me off. How the **** are you meant to get to sleep after that?

I'd be dropping Paine and Harris instantly. Harris for his lack of returns and that dropped catch (seems harsh, but **** it). Smith installed back as captain despite whatever bullshit CA ban is in place, Carey as keeper (Wade if we can't bring him into the squad for whatever reason), Starc in for Patto who was quite shit that game.

EDIT: I'm going to get no sleep tonight. I'm still in absolute shock.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m just looking at a blank tv wondering how I can turn the disappointment off, so I can hit sack!

I’ll say it again if this had to happen why did it have to happen at the hands of England!! bugger me

Who knows, might be the catalyst for change. Paine is a pretty ordinary captain, so that might change. The top order is a set of three walking stumps.

I mean, that turned into a super flat pitch yesterday afternoon and if not for a wonderful innings by Stokes, the bowlers would have rolled them pretty cheaply.

Paine's not even good enough to make the Tassie side, how the hell is he the captain of Australia? The bloke has ONE first class ton, and that was scored over a decade ago! He's a BAD player in general. My god.

Last edited:
Starc in for Patto who was quite shit that game.

I am his biggest fan but yeah, I can't agree. He will always have those moments where he loses his control but he was pretty threatening in that second innings without much luck. But yeah, Starc has to come in for someone.

Paine remind you of any particular bronco? Who isn't even up to that level but can't be dropped because he's skipper, or something? Name escapes me...

Active Now

• Splinter
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • leon.bott
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.