2019 Ashes discussion

OH MY GOODNESS!! This is absolutely atrocious.

LOL that one has gone STRAIGHT into the pitch

Last edited:
Is this the worst innings of umpiring in the history of cricket? Legit question, this is disgusting.
[automerge]1564668898[/automerge]
Well played Steve, absolutely on another level to every other test batsman in world cricket.

Last edited:
And now they take an early tea because it MIGHT rain.

Don’t stress, this pitch is doing plenty and England’s batting line up is just as bad.

That was one of the best innings I’ve ever seen, goodness me he may not be officially captain but he still is. That innings showed everyone else in that side how you play test cricket.

He started scratchy but he was determined to be there no matter what and put such a high price on his wicket. And he looked angry and hungry, that was determination and grit and skill and next level stuff all rolled into one.

An important mention to Siddle too. That was some rear guard right there! You know with Pete he’ll give 150% no matter what and what an ally he proved while far better credentialed blokes threw their wickets away around him.

That was one brilliant day of test cricket but absolutely no thanks to the umpires, they were utterly pure garbage. That sort of incompetence would get you fired in a regular job. In cricket, one could understandably suspect something far more sinister going on than incompetence.

The umpires are lucky that Smith innings was so transcending because otherwise they would rightly be getting absolutely torn to shreads.

Last edited:
Could hardly believe that score when I checked this morning, that is incredible. Smith is something else.

And unsurprisingly Wade fails again at Test level, when will the selectors learn?

Labuschagne should've been there.

Are you being self-deprecating on Wade?
[automerge]1564698179[/automerge]
The disappointing thing is that the first session was always going to be hard, they had 16mm of rain during the week. It poured so it was like the 'Gabba on a cloudy day you just had to see it out and then it would dry out. None of the Australian batsmen were able to do that and show any sort of patience.

Provided it doesn't rain again England are going to get the better batting pitch now. We didn't use it enough.

Last edited:
Are you being self-deprecating on Wade?

Not entirely sure what you mean.

I've wanted Wade back in the team at certain points over the last 12 months, but I don't think I've ever said I wanted him in the team for an Ashes series in England. I wanted Marnus at 6 for this game and this series, always have. I mentioned his name a few pages back as someone to look at, but ended up settling on Bancroft & Labuschagne as the 2 batsmen I'd select.

Excuse my prose I just came off sedation (colitis sucks). Smith is a genius, I don’t regret staying up until 3 watching that Masterclass.

This is the question isn't it. Who gets the captaincy when Paine is likely punted post-Ashes unless he actually does something?

Smiths already the captain of the team. That knock last night was a captains knock. I don't care if he has the arm band on, he is the real captain of the side and should be given free reign over his bowlers today. Paine's a glorified babysitter.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • NSW stables
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.