2019 Broncos Line-up

Well I think this is fucking excellent, and I think the use of a playing jersey as the reward is perfect.

Some of these players are literally training so they can wear one of these jerseys in an NRL game for the first time in their lives. When they train their arses off, and it's recognised, what better way to tell them that they're on track to realising that goal. And even better for the guys who we all expect to make it in to the Top 13 / 17 - if they're running around in a training jersey while these young, inexperienced, or fringe players have a playing jersey on, surely it would reinforce to them that they can't take their spot for granted.

10/10. Would bang.

They use the training data from the GPS. How many km you run, sprint, efforts and just observation. It's just that no secret- a Broncos' players jumper to wear while everyone else wears training gear.

They could have made it anything to stand out and be different, jumper was just the one he chose, that is what they're all aiming to wear and for this week you can wear one.

Broncos used to have Keith of the week- if you did something stupid and you had to wear this horrible pink shirt!
Really! That's my name believe it or not. My name precedes me it seems.

Well I think this is fucking excellent, and I think the use of a playing jersey as the reward is perfect.

Some of these players are literally training so they can wear one of these jerseys in an NRL game for the first time in their lives. When they train their arses off, and it's recognised, what better way to tell them that they're on track to realising that goal. And even better for the guys who we all expect to make it in to the Top 13 / 17 - if they're running around in a training jersey while these young, inexperienced, or fringe players have a playing jersey on, surely it would reinforce to them that they can't take their spot for granted.

10/10. Would bang.
So long as they are able to differentiate this from a real playing jersey as I imagine their debut shirt would be something really special and there needs to be a certain mystique built into the privilege of wearing and representing the Broncos shirt. I suppose it might have the players number of where they are in players who have played first grade embroidered onto the sleeve or something.

So long as they are able to differentiate this from a real playing jersey as I imagine their debut shirt would be something really special and there needs to be a certain mystique built into the privilege of wearing and representing the Broncos shirt. I suppose it might have the players number of where they are in players who have played first grade embroidered onto the sleeve or something.
It was a 2018 heritage jersey taken from the shop at the training facility. I am sure they can differentiate.

To my knowledge, every player, at every club, has their debut details (date, round, venue etc.) embroided in the middle of the chest just below the collar (think sternum / solar plexus area).

At least I’m certain that’s what the Broncos do.

Just like they do for milestone matches as well.

They use the training data from the GPS. How many km you run, sprint, efforts and just observation. It's just that no secret- a Broncos' players jumper to wear while everyone else wears training gear.

They could have made it anything to stand out and be different, jumper was just the one he chose, that is what they're all aiming to wear and for this week you can wear one.

Broncos used to have Keith of the week- if you did something stupid and you had to wear this horrible pink shirt!

You trained really hard this week and as a reward you get to train in this thick uncomfortable playing jersey while everyone has the micro fibre training singlets on. Congratulations

In all seriousness though, I’m a big fan of this initiative. I really like the sports psychology approach Seibold seems to have.

Paix long term a high quality player with massive potential.

Young yes - but has displayed the ability to control leads and get the W

Come from behind and Get the W

Is he ready for NRL ( unlikely) but will he get there ( very likely)

Yay, a training shirt. It seems that AS is still enjoying the honeymoon period from a lot of supporters. It is apparent he is doing things his way and I get that a lot of posters simply wish to show thier approval of his efforts and that's fine, I want him to succeeed too. I really don't care much about his methodology at this point, I'm waiting for 12 months or more to elapse before giving it any great credit. I want to see the results first. I hope AS is the answer.

To my knowledge, every player, at every club, has their debut details (date, round, venue etc.) embroided in the middle of the chest just below the collar (think sternum / solar plexus area).

Souths players have it tattooed on their neck.

Yeh I'll need to try and watch out for the jersey the next time a debutante comes on the field.

But havn't you already backed them with a lazy hundred or so. Clearly you are giving some sort of credit without waiting. By the way I think you’ve done the right thing
Absolutely correct. I do believe it's a solid bet and I'm betting that the great squad of last year will be better for the experience. I also think that given the quality of the squad that any one of a dozen coaches would enjoy a solid season in 2019. All I'm really saying is that for me the jury is out on the size or characteristics of the hoped for higher level of achievement that AS may bring when contrasted with what any other coach may have achieved with such a squad. I'm cheering for AS but reserving judgment. Not that that means much to anyone but me.

Absolutely correct. I do believe it's a solid bet and I'm betting that the great squad of last year will be better for the experience. I also think that given the quality of the squad that any one of a dozen coaches would enjoy a solid season in 2019. All I'm really saying is that for me the jury is out on the size or characteristics of the hoped for higher level of achievement that AS may bring when contrasted with what any other coach may have achieved with such a squad. I'm cheering for AS but reserving judgment. Not that that means much to anyone but me.
Perhaps you need to cheer a little louder.

Meet New Convert Izaia Perese

Author
broncos.com.au
FORMER Queensland Reds player Izaia Perese has had a tough introduction to the NRL pre-season but is slowly finding his feet.
The 21-year-old outside back has returned to the 13-man code he played as a youngster.
He won a Brisbane GPS title with 'Churchie' Grammar alongside Broncos teammate Jaydn Su'A and Newcastle superstar Kalyn Ponga back in 2014.
Now Perese, who was part of the larger Wallabies squad for the 2017 Rugby Championship, wants to follow his former schoolmates into the NRL.
He has joined Intrust Super Cup club Redcliffe Dolphins and has been training with the Broncos' senior squad during the pre-season under the clubs' affiliate agreement.
Perese said his first session last month was hard work but he was now getting used to the grind of an NRL pre-season.
"It was tough - I pretty much was just holding the vomit down," he joked about his first day at training.
"The first session I couldn't but the others I have managed to.
"Slowly I am getting there."
Perese is expected to get his first opportunity to show his ability in the Broncos' trial matches that will begin next month.

Last edited:

Good to know he's trying.

Will be interesting to see how he goes this year in Q Cup.

So does his vomitous training debut indicate that nrl training is much more intense the union training? The result being nrl players are much fitter than union players?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • leon.bott
  • GCBRONCO
  • Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.