2019 Broncos Line-up

I’m not a coach and have never played the game, so feel free to pull my team apart. But this is the team I want to see at some point this season:

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Kennar/Perese/Farnworth (Jonus please come back)

6. Milf
7. SoS/Dearden

8. Lodge
9. Turpinator
10. Mago

11. Fifita/Gillett
12. Gillett/Fifita
13. Joe O/Carrigan

14. Niko
15. Carrigan/Joe O
16. Flegler
17. Haas

But the realist in me sees that at best we get Carrigan and Flegler rotating on the bench whenever TPJ is out and maybe SoS or Dearden getting a run in the last five rounds. Rest of the team as per usual

Last edited:
I’m not a coach and have never played the game, so feel free to pull my team apart. But this is the team I want to see at some point this season:

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Kennar/Perese/Farnworth (Jonus please come back)

6. Milf
7. SoS/Dearden

8. Lodge
9. Turpinator
10. Mago

11. Fifita/Gillett
12. Gillett/Fifita
13. Joe O/Carrigan

14. Niko
15. Carrigan/Joe O
16. Flegler
17. Haas

But the realist in me sees that at best we get Carrigan and Flegler rotating on the bench whenever TPJ is out and maybe SoS or Dearden getting a run in the last five rounds. Rest of the team as per usual

Boyd?

Left right out

Yeah, thought I'd check first that you hadn't just overlooked him.

I just can't see it happening unless forced tbh. FTR, I was in the camp that would like to see Boyd shifted to centre or the wing but after what I've seen from Isaako, I'm a little concerned about putting him at the back full time. I made the suggestion elsewhere that we begin the transition of him to FB by doing what the Roosters did with RTS and Mini. A few on here have already said they don't think Isaako has what it takes to be a top level FB...doing it this way would hopefully prove or disprove this to some degree.

Yeah, thought I'd check first that you hadn't just overlooked him.

I just can't see it happening unless forced tbh. FTR, I was in the camp that would like to see Boyd shifted to centre or the wing but after what I've seen from Isaako, I'm a little concerned about putting him at the back full time. I made the suggestion elsewhere that we begin the transition of him to FB by doing what the Roosters did with RTS and Mini. A few on here have already said they don't think Isaako has what it takes to be a top level FB...doing it this way would hopefully prove or disprove this to some degree.

I’m fine with the defence/attack switch so long as Boyd puts in wherever he is. That’s the biggest issue and why I want him out

Premiership sides have good playmakers. We have 2 duds and 1 guy who would be better suited playing in a different position. If we continue with our current spine than 2019 is pretty much a write off.

If we aren't playing to win a title than what are we doing? What is the point in being patient in a spine that is failing?

Premiership sides have good playmakers. We have 2 duds and 1 guy who would be better suited playing in a different position. If we continue with our current spine than 2019 is pretty much a write off.

If we aren't playing to win a title than what are we doing? What is the point in being patient in a spine that is failing?

Absolutely right! I just don't get it. Seibold is out of his depth.

Last edited:
So lads, with it being a near certainty that we will soon be rid of Jimmy (the always grounded) Jet and his excess baggage, and providing Souths chip in the $$$ to take over his contract, we will have around 500k to spend on someone. Anyone of note off contract soon? I'm talking halfbacks here, and possibly a fullback so we can put Darry B out to pasture where he belongs.

Can the Professor lure his fave former bunny, Mr Reynolds, up to Red Hill? Will Old Sly Dog Mr Bennett try to persuade us with a straight swap between Jimmy and Greg (why don't these trousers fit me anymore) Inglis? Has the time come for Darry B to finally pursue his lifelong dream of becoming a fulltime, stay at home Dad to his soon-to-be-born bundle of joy.

So many questions. **** all idea what's gonna happen.

So lads, with it being a near certainty that we will soon be rid of Jimmy (the always grounded) Jet and his excess baggage, and providing Souths chip in the $$$ to take over his contract, we will have around 500k to spend on someone. Anyone of note off contract soon? I'm talking halfbacks here, and possibly a fullback so we can put Darry B out to pasture where he belongs.

Can the Professor lure his fave former bunny, Mr Reynolds, up to Red Hill? Will Old Sly Dog Mr Bennett try to persuade us with a straight swap between Jimmy and Greg (why don't these trousers fit me anymore) Inglis? Has the time come for Darry B to finally pursue his lifelong dream of becoming a fulltime, stay at home Dad to his soon-to-be-born bundle of joy.

So many questions. **** all idea what's gonna happen.
*sniff sniff* mate your bait is off.

This spine has been together for what, 3 years now? Amazing it’s been that long

Absolutely right! I just don't get it. Seibold is out of his depth.
He's picked the same spine for 4 games, Bennett did it for 1 year (and 3 more years with a pressure-buckling hunt in place of nikorima). Does that mean Bennett couldn't even swim then or....
I love the selective memory going on lately. It was pointed out today by seibold that we started last year 3 wins from 7 (and it was a much easier draw).. But hey, that doesn't suit the agenda so move along people...

Last edited:
A serious question, how does a club like the Broncos, that purports to be a powerhouse club put itself in a roster scenario where there is no back up hooker in the Top 30 and there is no realistic back up for the half or 5/8th or fullback.

If nothing else that I think is a strong pointer to the cap management and recruting in recent years having been diabolical.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Swordfish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.